Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:21 pm 
Producer

Okay -- spitball time. If there are features you want, post them here. I'm looking for as many as possible for the next upgrade. Easier to build them in than to list them later. Post anything, not worried about feasibility at the moment.

So-- open the floodgates. Post your wishlists.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 pm 
Producer

My <s>Christmas</s> Call Sheet Wishlist:

- An option to flag a character as "Main/Frequently Played" during the Add a Character phase, instead of defaulting to Main.

- Ability to leave Professions blank during Add a Character phase.

- A drop-down list under the "Location" column to change current location while a character is logged in.

- A column to display small thumbnail avatars of our characters when logged in.

- Ability to sort Currently Online list by Performer.

That's all I've got for now. I'll post again if I can think of any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:25 pm 
Performer

Location: San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol
It would be nice if when selecting an empty location when logging in that it became the new default for that character. If I don't know where I'm going to be today, chances are good that I'm not going to be where I was yesterday tomorrow.

Also, lasers. Everything is better with lasers. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:07 pm 
Producer

Here is the difference between a bug fix (which you can list to be safe but you can safely assume will get taken care of) and a feature suggestion:

Bug - The column headers are links and are clearly intended to be clicked to do something. Intuitively this should sort. However, clicking either does nothing or produces an error message.
Why is it a bug?
Because it's something that is clearly broken, instead of something that was never even implemented.

New feature - Being able to click on the headers (such as Performer) to change sort direction (from ASC to DESC and back).
Why is this a new feature?
Because this is something the Call Sheet has never been able to do that a we application ought to do. You've seen other things do it, so it can be done. And it would be useful.

So-- Bug fixes I see above:
- An option to flag a character as "Main/Frequently Played" during the Add a Character phase, instead of defaulting to Main.
- Ability to leave Professions blank during Add a Character phase.
- Ability to sort Currently Online list by Performer.
- It would be nice if when selecting an empty location when logging in that it became the new default for that character.

All of these are things that should intuitively work the way you both suggest, and indeed, some have been fixed in the unstable beta. In fact, they were things I have no idea were not working as I intended-- however, bug fixes are probably not helpful now because all current plans for the new Call Sheet involve all-new code, and possibly a new language. So, while the broad concept and functionality will be the same, the whole thing is getting not just an upgrade but a complete rebuild.

Feature suggestions:
- A drop-down list under the "Location" column to change current location while a character is logged in.
- A column to display small thumbnail avatars of our characters when logged in.

These are more what I was looking for. :) You can make bug fix suggestions too-- sometimes the line between "bug" and "feature" is fuzzy, and what's intuitive to me might not be to the vast majority of you. Try and separate them though and-- frankly-- feature suggestions are more fun. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 pm 
Extra

An ability to edit your "message" with out having to log your character off the sheet then log it in again.

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:10 pm 
Performer

Zoltec stole my thunder. I have often wished to change my message without logging out. Many times I am still playing the same character but my situation changes.

I now make sure light goes down the right holes for a living.

Character List

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:04 pm 
Performer

Only tangentially related to the actual Call Sheet, but it would be super keen if we could set events to start at times other than exactly on the hour.

I'm not saying that I need to be able to start an event at, say, 11:53, but being able to schedule events on the half hour, or even quarter hour, would be nice.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm 
Retired

I'm pretty sure I missed it, but how can someone put up those really cool pictures I see on the Call sheet from time to time?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 pm 
Retired

This isn't a bug, but when I try to add my one (and so far only) character to the Call Sheet, I'm told that character already exists on that server, and is reg'd to someone named Zeda. Whoever that is, they certainly don't have the character anymore, since I reg'd the name just a couple days ago. Can something be done about this? My character's name is 'Moxii', and I'm on Scarlet Crusade. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
Retired

[quote="Tesla"]This isn't a bug, but when I try to add my one (and so far only) character to the Call Sheet, I'm told that character already exists on that server, and is reg'd to someone named Zeda. Whoever that is, they certainly don't have the character anymore, since I reg'd the name just a couple days ago. Can something be done about this? My character's name is 'Moxii', and I'm on Scarlet Crusade. Thanks.[/quote]

Follow-up to the above, since I can't edit: the matter has been resolved. Not sure what the problem was, but Alanna was a great help in using crazy, no-way Producer magic to make the problem disappear. Many thanks. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 pm 
Performer

I am having some issues creating a call sheet charactor on Earthen Ring, Alliance side. The name I am using is Baryth'nlorian Nightmist and I keep getting a message stating that name is already taken by "Linuxmaier". However, when I check the call list of charactors, there is no such name existing.

I have tried Baryth, Barith... used Moonmist, Nightmist.... same. Can you guys check on it for me? My WoW charactor in game is Baryth, a Nelf DK.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 am 
Producer

It compares two things for matches on duplicate checking: "short name" (the name your character has above his head in default when in WoW) and the name of the server. Presumably, Linuxmaier already added a character to the Call Sheet with that short name for that server. What appears when you log in and out of the Call Sheet on the front page, and on the Roster, and pretty much everywhere else, is the "long name" you entered (how you want it to appear). So it's hard to search for dupes that way-- I think they only way for players to see the short name is to pull up the profile. Anyway, I'll look into it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:34 am 
Producer

Found the problem pretty quickly when I looked up Linuxmaier's characters. My bad, I added the ability to display a longer name later, and when I added it in, I didn't think much about naming conventions, so while server name and display name were clear to me, I can completely see where "server name" sounds like the name of the server, not the name of the character on the server. If you stop trying to enter "Earthen Ring" as the server name and use "Baryth" (or whatever his name on ER is), you should be gtg. :)

And I'll make that clearer for peeps in the future, since the reason it's coming up duplicate is that you're the second person to reason that way. :) Means bad design on my part. *sad programmer face*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 am 
Performer

Thank you very much Alanna!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am 
Performer

You could also put in a check that compares that field to the list of server names and pops up a "did you really mean that?" exception. (I guess it's conceivable that a character could be named the same thing as a server, so you don't have to disallow it.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next