Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DP Forum Ranks!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 pm 
Producer

Some of you may have noticed you have new ranks. Again, we want to accurately reflect your status within the DP community. These ranks also mean we're moving away somewhat from linking your rank to your access. Your rank basically indicates your level of participation with us. Your access, as always, is based on how long you've been around as well as your level of interaction.

We've been trending recently to erring on the side of caution when giving people additional access to the more personal forums. If you haven't been promoted, try posting more and/or playing more with us!

Please note that any special access to any private forums is granted at my sole discretion. No one is guaranteed access anywhere, and I reserve the right to remove access if it is shown not to be deserved.

So without further ado, you begin as one of the...

Unknowns - These are people who have just made an account. Once they introduce themselves, they become...

Auditioner - These are brand new members! They came for the RP; will they stay for the people? Performers, please make sure to meet these new people, they appear orange on the Call List. You keep Auditoner status until you have earned the rank of either...

Performer - Performers are those up on stage. When you have earned our trust (usually after about a few weeks, some posts, met a few characters in game, etc), your access is expanded and you are granted this rank. These are the "full members."

or

Extra - Extras are those that wait in the wings. These are members who we see on these forums, and add to our general discussions but whom for any number of reasons are not joining us on stage (in-game) at this time. We don't have anything against you, but the more involved you get with our roleplay group, the more fun you have!

Retired - These are former DPers - either they haven't visited the boards in over two months and we assume have moved on to other things, or they've let us know that they're no longer going to be with us.

Producer - Like producers of a stage play, we do all the administrative stuff such as overseeing moderation on the boards and general policy management. Each producer has contributed overwhelmingly to the message board, in game, is an outstanding roleplayer, and is a great people-person. Some of them may not have the time to devote to DP as obsessively as much as they once did, but we do what we can do keep this place running. If you have a question, concern, or suggestion, we're the ones you go to.

---

Character denotes character accounts. This lets other members tell the difference between the player accounts and the IC ones.
To make a character account, just make a new regular account with your character's name. Use the same email address as your player account so we know it's a character account and we know whose it is. As soon as I (or another admin) notices the new account is a character account, we'll change the rank.

This idea -- central to DP -- is something we've found out from hard experience - You must keep IC and OOC separate. DP is a community of PLAYERS, not characters.

To clarify, you have one player account. New player accounts, though you certainly don't have to use your real name, also cannot use a character name. Each player who has an account may have unlimited character accounts.

The only functional difference is you can only logon to the Call Sheet with your player account. The only benefit to making a character account is you can use your character's info and put a picture on it, maybe a cool quote for the signature. Most people use them to post journals. It is perfectly acceptable to post your character journals under your player account. So don't feel obligated to make character accounts, unless you really really want to.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Last edited by Alanna on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 am 
Producer

Just as an adendum for any returning members (I see several people who haven't been here for months popping up on the radar recently):

DP is ALWAYS changing. We evolve our rules, our forums, add/change stuff on the Call Sheet, new events, etc. Not to mention the ever-changing membership-- people come and go with MMORPGs, and so come and go from DP.

So if you're a returning prodigal, we welcome you back with open arms-- however, we can't just instantly reinstate you to the same status as before. People post sensitive stuff in the restricted sections, which is why they are restricted. We can't just ignore our current membership's comfort levels by instantly promoting someone that 3/4 of the current members don't know.

As always, if you have questions or concerns over this or any DP policy, please contact the me or the Producer of your choice.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

Post subject: Re: DP Forum Ranks!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 pm 
Producer

This is a heads up that we have noticed a problem with our ranking system in which members who have been gone for a long tim (and thus should have been moved to retired) have some how not been picked up by the reporting system. I have done a manual check and will making corrections. This should not impact many active members, and at most those active members will be moved to "Extra" or remain at "Perfomer", depending on their activity levels on the boards and in game.

This will mostly effect people who aren't around to notice.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

Post subject: Re: DP Forum Ranks!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 am 
Producer

Update on the ranks -
1. As you may have noticed, changes in rank are not happening in a timely fashion. This should be fixed in the next few weeks, and then we'll get everyone straightened out to where they are supposed to be.

2. We're reassessing our rankings (again) and what they mean, and various roles in the community. This will be an ongoing process with more changes later, but leads me to the first major change...

3. The combination of Assistant Producers and Producers. The AP rank was originally created because we had some Producers who were still willing to help out with administrative stuff "part time" but couldn't commit to a larger role. At this point, several years (and at least two babies) later, the distinction has become meaningless-- all of us are pitching is as much as we can, and many of us are not able to put in the time we used to. So, once again, we will have simply, "Producers," and at a bare minimum, every Producer should be available to help address an issue or answer a question. If we can't, we can direct you to someone who can. If you contact a Producer and do not receive a response, let me know ASAP and I will personally handle your issue.

4. Stay tuned for more goings on. :)