Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:20 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 pm 
Performer

Unit Directors Wanted!

DP is currently looking for one person for each roleplay server (just straight RP, not RP-PvP for now) to serve as what we're going to call a Unit Director.

This is a job for someone who really wants to "settle in" on that particular server and spend some time there every day getting to know the locals, absorbing the server's culture, familiarizing yourself with the various RP guilds, and basically having your finger on the pulse of the server (both Horde and Alliance sides, until you can find another person to take care of the flip side for you). We are looking for someone likely to spend an average of an hour a day playing, questing, and RPing on this one particular server.

You will also be the main person in charge of finding creative, cheerful, consistent, and caring roleplayers on that server and giving them personal invites to our site. So you need to be someone who is not shy about approaching strangers in-game and someone who genuinely thinks DP is awesome and wants to lure more people here.

You also should probably get along ok with me, as I'm going to be the "Unit Production Manager" (these are terms borrowed from the movies), i.e. the person that all the Unit Directors go to for advice, help, or just to brag about how awesome their server's RP has become. ;) I'll be kind of the go-to person for ALL the Unit Directors and will be there to help out if you need advice on how better to recruit for DP, run events, etc. But I will be pretty hands-off otherwise and let you run things your way.

Here is a list of the Unit Directors, and the servers that still need them.

SCARLET CRUSADE - Deborah

STEAMWHEEDLE CARTEL - Pirate Spice

ARGENT DAWN - Finnegan

CENARION CIRCLE - ?

THORIUM BROTHERHOOD - ?

SISTERS OF ELUNE - jaw

SENTINELS - ?

BLACKWATER RAIDERS - Sword42

KIRIN TOR - Amanda

EARTHEN RING - leathermartini

SILVER HAND - Mishell

THE SCRYERS - ?

SHADOW COUNCIL - Lyndon

FARSTRIDERS - ?

FEATHERMOON - bigeshu

MOON GUARD - Zarreis

WYRMREST ACCORD - BranHop

Last edited by Mishell on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 am 
Performer

Since Silver Hand is a fairly low-population DP server at present, and I have two characters I enjoy soloing there, I'm going to go ahead and appoint myself as Unit Director there until I find someone better. Since I'll probably be averaging an hour a day on the server anyway with my new "Solo a druid to 80" project I may as well do a little DP advertising while I'm there, n'est-ce pas?

So any Silver Handies out there, and the gnome pacer, please welcome um... me. I expect to be a very laid-back kind of UD, but I will have passive DP advertising up in my MRP description whenever I'm on and will invite any roleplayers I see. Please feel free to come to me with event ideas, etc., and I will either help run them or find a likely vict- er volunteer. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:43 am 
Performer

Leathermartini has stepped up and volunteered to be the Earthen Ring Unit Director! ER is a big hotspot for DP activity, and given the leadership qualities and friendly, sociable nature he's demonstrated, I felt he would do a great job. He'll basically continue doing what he's been doing: getting to know everyone, RPing with our current members, and letting new RPers know about us.

Please see leathermartini if you have any ideas for Earthen Ring events etc. but are not sure how to pull them off, or if you just want to know more about the fine people who play on that server. He's also the guy to ask if you have questions about House Rylath, Earthen Ring Northrend Adventures, or any of the other events run by various DP members on the server.

Good luck LM!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:07 am 
Performer

Just a quick little announcement for all of you who play on Shadow Council!

If you play there, you already know Lyndon. I'm pleased to announce that he has agreed to be Shadow Council's Unit Director. While he's been largely active on Horde side up until now, he's starting up a little project on Alliance side that should allow him to meet other RPers from time to time and chuck them in our direction from that side as well. Yay Lyndon! As one of our longtime players, an ever-friendly presence, and a permanent resident of Shadow Council in particular, I think he'll do a great job!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm 
Retired

I've recently moved my main (Tauren Hunter, now at Lv. 77!) to Wyrmrest Accord along with the bulk of my guildmates. The server has a number of newly forming RP guilds, but is already under siege by griefers and those who didn't understand that transferring to an RP server means you hactually have to deal with those 'RP fags' (yes, I heard this from a Lv 8 Paladin, who promptly 'lol'd before being reported for griefing).
Fortunately, for every non-RP miscreat and griefer, there are at least three RPers defending our right to enjoy the World in peace.
The guild I am in (Shindu Al'ar) is currently reaching out to other RP guilds Hordeside to build strong gaming/RP alliances; so far we're in accord with at least one other guild and possibly two others.
I've attended one very nicely played World RP event so far, but would love to see at least one weekly, and possibly RP runs throughout the server. If anyone is willing to help show me how to get this ball rolling, I'd love to help.
Danke, my friends.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:20 pm 
Performer

Unfortunately, the person you'd want to go to for assistance would be the UD of Wyrmrest Accord, and we do not have one as of yet.

If there is anyone of Performer Rank who would like to serve as UD for the server, please PM or email me! Performer rank is attained through use of the DP boards and Call Sheet over time. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:24 pm 
Performer

Isn't BranHop UD on Wyrmrest Accord now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am 
Performer

Yes I am! Come see me about RP goodies, character meetings, questing, etc.
Join the chat channel, PM me here, /w me...whatever.

Hordeside it's only Richter so far.
Alliance you've got Victor and Thorunn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am 
Performer

Would love to see more on WA as it seems the community is strong, even casual passerby RP is prety good. Also, there are some pvp RP available, especially in the DK group... an alliance drani DK put some hurt on Eupharis after challenging him! LOL was fun though, seeing after I ignored him, he mounted up and then I attacked (he was flagged) with my ghoul...managed ot get him to 1/4 health before I met the spirit healer. Him - 66, me 59... not too shabby

Do you fear death?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 am 
Performer

I always wait to make the official announcement til I've gotten the "official email," but I got it this morning, so, consider BranHop officially announced! Hehe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:58 pm 
Performer

More good newses! Sisters of Elune now has a Unit Director, so everyone give jaw a big hand. A wonderful, friendly guy who will be a great ambassador for DP! Anyone currently playing on Sisters of Elune, send a PM to jaw to say hello!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:29 pm 
Performer

I do not have the ability to create Unit Directors, only to assign them if one volunteers. Once you get to Performer status, maybe you could do the honors! Keep hanging out here and stay in touch :)