Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Bug Reporting HERE!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 pm 
Producer

Resolved:
Various access issues
Call Sheet login

Post 'em below!

Things to post in THIS thread:
Access issues
Inability to make new accounts
Inability to post or see forums
Ability to see extra ones
Other things that inhibit your use of the boards.
Confirmation that your issue has been fixed.

Things to post in the OTHER thread:
Signature issues
General "How the heck do I do this now?" questions (consult the phpbb3 faq, link at top of page)

Things to post in the YAY Forums! Thread in Talk:
Any compliments or raves you have about the new boards. (Thanks! We continue to work hard!)
Comments on how glad you are to be back or how much you missed DP (We appreciate 'em!)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Post subject: Re: Bug Reporting HERE!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:59 am 
Producer

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or just a change, but it seems as if the Call Sheet event times are displaying wrong. For example, yesterday's Gnome pacer started at 8:00 Eastern, but the Call Sheet was telling me it started at 7:00. The "last updated" time displays accurately according to my computer's clock, so it's not my own settings that are creating the problem. The same thing is happening with today's Owls pacer: it starts at 9:00 Eastern but the Call Sheet is telling me it starts at 8:00.

I fixed the Gnome pacer yesterday by bumping the times ahead one hour (9:00 start / 11:00 end), but that seems like perhaps a temporary fix. I'm not even sure if this one belongs here or in the more "cosmetic" bugs thread, since it's not as if the Call Sheet is unusable. Worst that happens is everyone shows up an hour early for their events.

Just a heads up to other pacer leaders as well to look for this in case Alanna has other more urgent issues to deal with first.

My characters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:02 pm 
Performer

Getting that, too. Maybe the Callsheet isn't using daylight savings time, but the main board is? I know we now have that option for our main board accounts, but I'm not sure if it's carrying over correctly to the Callsheet.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:19 pm 
Producer

Yeah, we're all getting it. Hour's off, pretty much across the board. This is not as simple to fix as you'd think. Getting times to appear locally to everyone around the world, with me in one place, the server in another, and the Producer in charge of events in a third-- *deep breaths* Sorry, it makes me hyperventilate just talking about it.

Anyway, the DST is one possibility, but the Call Sheet has it's own separate system from the boards for time zone and DST shifts, so it's more likely that our new server is in a different time zone than our old one... As soon as I get the permissions fixed, that's the next thing up.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:34 pm 
Extra

I got the same thing when trying to post under Araashan's account. I classify this as a minor bug though, since I can use my main account for journals just as easily.

Post subject: Bugs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:06 am 
Retired

Hello,

I was just reviewing Carlaie's journal since I'm thinking about a new adventure she is on and I noticed that parts of a couple of her earlier posts are missing. If those can't be recovered, I'll try to recreate them.

Regards,
Cself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm 
Producer

New fixes!

Call Sheet should be displaying more corrected times. In particular the "last updated" time on the first page should not be an hour off anymore, and the events on the marquis and on the events list are correct.

Characters should all have correct access now to the IC portions of the board.

Please verify for me that these are indeed fixed. I know I still need to update it on the events profiles, but there's other stuff that's more pressing now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 pm 
This Character account is able to see:

'News and Info'.
'On Stage' and 'Off Stage'
'Talk'
'I'm Bored'
and
'Other Games'

I am assuming it is able to post in them as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:49 pm 
Producer

If your character CANNOT see the Storytelling section, please go to your User Control Panel and join the "Characters" group. This will give you access. I will be updating everyone when I get the chance, but I can't always tell which are the character accounts until I track down my query to check the database directly based on email addresses.

This will NOT be a problem for new Character accounts, or at least, shouldn't be (those made as of yesterday, that is).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 pm 
Performer

Just something to consider down the road, but I know that some of us like to post our diamonds in the Roleplaying board with our character accounts. Any chance that could be slotted into the character set of permissions, after you get all of the important stuff put to bed and then have taken a week off to soak in the tub and eat bonbons?

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:42 am 
Extra

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but I seem to be missing a couple of forums, such as Life and the Adult section.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:08 am 
Producer

Alright - for anyone who's confused on the new forum format:
(Below, "forum" refers to the individual forums, such as Talk, Roleplay & World of Warcraft, and so on)
We now have three options for "forums:"
The regular forums that you post in normally.
Categories for sorting the forums that you post in into useful subsections
Links

I haven't played with the "link as forum" option, though I presume it adds an outside link to the forum listing.

The categories work pretty much like they did before, except they've now made them a hierarchal deal. That is, you can nest them inside each other. We didn't want to do this too deep, since that would be confusing, but we do have some forums that are "three levels deep" if you're still following me. These include all the forums in the On Location section (since they are further divided into IC and OOC sections) and the Performer-only forums (since it's nice to have them all together). So for those sections, you see the forums displayed as links, not individual rows.

Could someone verify I fixed the time issue on the Call Sheet?

Also, if you are a new Auditioner and had difficulty adding characters to the Call Sheet, that issue should be fixed.

Restoring the posts is going to have to wait a bit. As I said, I have the originals, so it WILL happen, but it will be a long and tedious process and I just received some rather exciting news that is going to tie me up intermittently for a bit.

Please continue to post critical issues here, or confirmation they are resolved. Please continue to post less critical issues in the other thread (linked at the top).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:32 pm 
Producer

Alanna wrote:
Could someone verify I fixed the time issue on the Call Sheet?

Appearing just right for me, both the current time and the times for events.

My characters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:56 pm 
Producer

[quote="Alanna"]
Also, if you are a new Auditioner and had difficulty adding characters to the Call Sheet, that issue should be fixed.
[/quote]

I can't add characters as of right now. I don't know if I qualify as a "new Auditioner" or not.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:00 pm 
Producer

Could you post the error message, if any, that you get?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next