Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:56 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bug Reporting HERE!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm 
Performer

Methinks the site clock reflects your own personal settings. Therefore you would probably have to change it back yourself (as I recall there is a Daylight Savings Time checkbox; simply uncheck that now that it is over).

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm 
Performer

That's right - go to "User Control Panel" in the upper right and go to "Board preferences" from there. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 pm 
Performer

Location: San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol
Every year this happens, and every year I keep telling people that if you don't set it in the first place you don't have to remember to unset it later. :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 am 
Performer

Lately, I've been having trouble jumping right on to the Call Sheet without checking the forums first. It used to be that I could go right to the Call Sheet and it would read my forum cookies as me being logged in. Not so much so nowadays, it seems... A minor irritation, but an irritation all the same. Could just be localized on me, though. HughesNet with its dynamic IP can mess with me sometimes.

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm 
Performer

I have the same issue with the call sheet; however if I keep a tab open on the index and another on the call sheet, I can refresh the index and then refresh the call sheet and it works just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm 
Producer

Informational only here.

I can get to the CS either way with no issues. :?

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:06 am 
Performer

The boards are either very very slow or give me the 'connection has been reset by the server' type of error. Plus, the Portal doesn't load all the way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm 
Producer

Is this an ongoing issue? Or did it resolve itself?

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 pm 
Producer

This is odd, though it doesn't seem to be adversely affecting me at all. At the top of the page, my PM notice looks like this:

0 new messages, -1 unread messages

I can't even wrap my brain around how that works. :lol: Anyhow, we'll see if it resolves itself the next time I get a PM. Just thought you ought to know about this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:05 am 
Producer

It does that when you have opened your in box when a message is waiting, but do not actually open the new message. The new message counter indicates that you have brand new messages, the unread message indicates the (now old) message hasn't been opened.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:04 pm 
Producer

It just came to my attention that a large number of users were incorrectly flagged as "Strangers" (i.e., not introduced) on the Call Sheet, and their characters were thus not showing up in name searches on the Character Roster. This has been fixed, although somewhat hamhandedly, so further problems may manifest. I'll try to keep an eye on the situation. Please let me know if a character you *know* you have seen logged into the Call Sheet is not showing up in a character search. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:38 am 
Producer

I'm not sure if this is a bug but ....

I make liberal use of the "view new posts" link on the portal page but I've noticed over my time here that the link doesn't always show me new posts. My brain says this is because this is a time thing but has anyone experienced this? Do you have a solution?

Also, sometimes the notification on the portal page is wrong. Sometimes it will display that there are 4 new posts but when I click on the link sometimes I don't see any new posts or I see less than 4 posts. Sometimes it is because there are multiple posts in one thread but other times that is not the case.

Any tips or help would be appreciated.

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 am 
Auditioner

I have noticed such problems with PHPBB3 before. AFAIK it makes a difference between unread posts and posts since last visit. Combined with a portal, it could be it automatically registers your visit to the site and thus cleans your list of posts since your last visit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 am 
Producer

More SQL server downtime seems to be happening; we've had to manually restart the service almost daily recently. Just as an FYI - if you get a funny looking SQL error that's what's happening.

Will be looking into the root cause once again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:07 pm 
Producer

Alanna, please check the Call Sheet when you can. According to it at this exact minute, Deborah has 3 characters logged on. She is sitting a couple of feet away and has not been online in 2 days.

Deborah says from sitting next to me that she has not had anyone signed on the CS since Thursday night.

Sword

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next