Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:20 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 pm 
Performer

This is not a forums issue; it's a personal issue with my crappy ISP which formerly hosted all of the now-broken links. I no longer have the picture files, either, and no easy way to get them back since they were uploaded from a computer I don't use anymore and the links stopped working with no advance notice.

One of these days I may get around to retaking shots of my thirty or so characters, re-cropping them, and re-uploading them to photobucket or something, but it's really not a high priority atm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:08 pm 
Performer

I figured it was not a forum issue, but didn’t see any better place to mention it than here (since you had just referenced it in the last post you made). I apologize if it was a thread hijack! I was mostly curious to know if you planned to fix it since I love seeing pictures on character profiles, heh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:54 pm 
Performer

On the subject of user avatars and such, would it be helpful if we rehost them elsewhere and link them while the patching continues?

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 pm 
Producer

No, the avatars not currently displaying are separate from the upload issue, and is related to the patch. They should become visible in the next couple days.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm 
Producer

Before I close the computer and run off for another four days without even visiting the boards (where does the frackin' time go???) I just wanted to offer an apology to all DPers, especially our newer folks (when I say newer folks, I mean anyone who's been around less than a year or so ;) ). Time was I was around ALL THE TIME (you couldn't get rid of me!) and everyone know I was a sweetie at heart, despite my occasional, um, frustrations. I realized, though, at some point in my rushings around in the last week, many of you barely know who I am (completely my own fault) and so one of your few impressions of me is this crazy lady ranting at you in the info section on what to post and what not to post and where. I will be posting more in the Talk/Life sections after I find a job, but, that's basically what's going on right now. I've had a job the last five months, but it was a temporary assignment, and it ends two weeks from yesterday. Everyone knows the job market is horrible, and it's especially bad here in LA, so it's been a little tense for me. If I'm not working, I'm applying to jobs. If I'm not looking for/applying to jobs, I'm sleeping. If my husband is home, I'm catching some QT (Quality Time) with him so we're not strangers (our work schedules have been a little at odds the last few months). All this is by way of saying, please bear with me. I'm not mad at you-- never mad at you-- just frustrated by various events in my life, including, occasionally, the software that powers this site. If you have concerns, or want to make sure that it's really truly not you, you can always email me, ophanim@gmail.com. I can't promise a speedy response, but you will have a response. :)

Game on, everyone!

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:30 pm 
Performer

For what it's worth, Alanna's the best. She really is.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:48 pm 
Performer

Wouldn’t doubt it for a second, Finn. ;)

Don’t sweat it, Alanna. You’ve got a lot on your plate right now and what feels most important to me is that you try not to bite off more than you can chew. I look forward to getting to know you and I’m thrilled every time I see you’re online, but I worry about your stress levels too. I would rather you relax when you can and try to sort out everything that’s going on, before you start with feeling all obligated to get to know us noobs running around.

Besides, I don’t think you made a bad impression on anyone. I certainly didn’t think you were some crazy lady running around ranting at people. I think you’re awesome. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:59 pm 
Producer

Avatars are now visible again (for those who uploaded them to the old site before uploading got broken), and the alleged "too much Wolf" issue has also been fixed-- all avatars are back to a max width of 120 pixels. :)

I will admit to be stumped by Sword's avatar, though, which appears to be unnaturally squozed. Anyone else notice that their avatars are squished?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:48 pm 
Producer

I'll 'play' with my avatar. it might be something caused by photobucket. I noticed they had 'lost' a couple of my things stored there.

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:19 am 
Producer

Any word on your avatar, Sword? Still looks squishified to me.

The portal page is fixed. I think that concludes all the patch breakage. Time to go do it all over again....

But first! I need to make a list of all the stuff I just modded... *nods*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 pm 
Producer

No idea why the former avatar got scrunched up. This picture, while mildly hard to read, looks 'normal' compared to where it's copied from.

I will delet and re entering the other picture to my photo-bucket account and see if that does any good. I was getting bored of the Ren Faire photo of myself anyway. <grin>

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 am 
Producer

Only Auditioners and up will appear in the "Happy birthday" announcement at the top of the forums.

If you hadn't noticed, we'd been having a lot of spammers popping up there lately.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:24 pm 
Producer

So it just came to my attention that the birthday system is somehow backwards. This explains a lot, going back a few years, but since birthdays are a once-a-year thing, I never noticed the pattern. To put it shortly, it appears at some point the month and day are getting reversed. I'm not sure where this is happening yet, but I'll fix it as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 pm 
Producer

It could be the database default is set to non-US and you're sending the date to the table in the vague 'xx/xx/xx' format where it can only make an educated guess as to which number comes first. The US standard is 'mm/dd/yy' where a lot of other countries use 'dd/mm/yy'.

When updating dates in a table, make sure you convert the date into either the ANSI format of YYYYMMDD (e.g for 6th March, use 20100306) or use the specific named month format dd-mmm-yyyy such as '6-Mar-2010'. That way the database knows exactly what you mean.

It's a common problem that's been a massive pain in the backside for me over the years.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 pm 
Producer

I'm well aware of the annoyances of database date storage. :P :) The form clearly has day: __ month: __ year: __ I don't know whether it's being store improperly, or is just labelled improperly on the form. I didn't write this one, btw, this came with phpBB, which by default generally uses British conventions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next