Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Call Sheet bug reporting
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm 
Producer

Known bugs:

1. Extreme MySQL downtime.
2. Random proliferating characters on who's online now. - maybe? still not sure what's causing it, but changed the add a session link to pass a more specific variable. if this doesn't work, will set up backtraces to be mailed to me. - nope, no good. backtraces it is.
3. Level cap not capping.

Please post bugs below-- your post will be deleted as the bug is added to the list.

Resolved:

1. Logon through the message boards - working as intended
2. Worgen are color-coded as Horde. - resolved
3. Event times are off be ALL messed up -- it's 10:24am local time, and it's displaying "Farstrider Forsaken starts in 6 hours and 36 minutes at 6 PM this evening in Eastern Plaguelands on Farstriders"-- meaning it's an hour off on its countdown. Will have to verify if times are converting correctly across time zones. Times are not converting correctly for my time zone, must check others, but -2AM should NEVER appear as an ending time. - This is a hack job if there ever was one, but events should appear at correct times until I can get the new version rolling (which will, incidentally, allow you to schedule an event at any time, not just on the hour).
4. Fixed Sabel's user info
5. Fixed Wolf's character Krulak (and SageTx's character Jubilee, who was also lacking race and class)
6. It should throw an error if you try to log the same character on when that character. It should allow you to log on different characters (in case you're multi boxing).
7. Directions to logoff now (again) appear when you have a character online

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:55 pm 
Producer

Keep an eye out for weirdness. I'm upgrading large patches of code while I try to fix some of these bugs, and I don't always catch all the places it fits into the legacy code, so post any error messages, or, more likely, stuff just not working, here.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 pm 
Producer

As promised, I forcibly ripped out the events time code from the front page and hamfistedly shoved the new code in. It seems to be working, at least, it's showing correctly for my time zone.

No, the events on the events list page aren't fixed yet. I haven't written that part for the new version. And, unfortunately, there is now no way for the leaders to edit the times/dates of their events. Email me if you need to and I will fix it, promise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:38 pm 
Producer

Thank you to Joseph Collins for privately letting me know my event edit links were showing. :oops:

Rest assured, you couldn't actually edit the event unless you were authorized, but it's still bad form. Kudos to JC!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:21 pm 
Performer

The following text is showing up on the call sheet, although it seems to be working fine otherwise.

Warning: rename(.\templates_c\wrt5C3.tmp,.\templates_c\3067b559d80a9f7d5b3ffc1e42c8e88c957705da.file.events_list.tpl.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in C:\SWSoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 42

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in C:\SWSoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

Warning: Smarty_Internal_Template::include(.\templates_c\3067b559d80a9f7d5b3ffc1e42c8e88c957705da.file.events_list.tpl.php) [function.Smarty-Internal-Template-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\SWSoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php on line 423

Warning: Smarty_Internal_Template::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '.\templates_c\3067b559d80a9f7d5b3ffc1e42c8e88c957705da.file.events_list.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\SWSoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php on line 423

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:45 pm 
Performer

That stuff has since disappeared, but I find myself unable to add new characters to the Call Sheet.

When I went through the character addition process for Freyanne Roughhewn, and later Testy McTesterson, it gave me the character added message, but neither has appeared among the character selection options, nor are they listed in My Characters or on the roster.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 pm 
Producer

Really??? *sigh*. I'll get back to you, Jeremy.

Yes, dreaming, that crapola should all be fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:28 pm 
Producer

Characters are addable and editable again. Well, I didn't actually test the editing but theoretically it should work. Adding definitely works.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:10 pm 
Performer

You know what they say about theory? Hehe.

It just so happened that I had cause to edit one of my characters, only to find that it can't be done.

I hate to pile up the bugs like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 pm 
Producer

I just edited Jorena successfully-- what happened when you tried to edit, Jeremy? Did you get an error message?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:24 pm 
Performer

No error message-- It just takes me back to the My Character list without implementing the changes. I've tried changing display names, race/class, level, professions, and location, but nothing takes. I've tried editing both new and old characters, to no avail.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 pm 
Producer

Interesting. I got Jorena's name to edit, but I tried editing a couple other things on other characters and you're right, the changes don't stick. Do you get the [Character name] updated! message too?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 pm 
Performer

Yes, I get that message. And, if the the change is a name change, it uses the new name, even though it doesn't change the character.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 am 
Producer

I cannot toggle "frequently played" off. I can uncheck it and save, but it remains toggled on. I can toggle new characters on, but not off.

Also (and I believe you already know this), every time a character is edited, its race and class reset to "Blood Elf Death Knight."

EDIT: D'oh. I just read the above messages. So...consider this an addendum to those. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 am 
Producer

Yes, if there's something critical you need edited let me know for now and I'll fix it. I know that's very unsatisfactory. Just consider the whole main/frequently played system broken for now. And beware the blood elf knight thing. Far as I can tell it's just a pain in the ass that you have to fix it each time.

I really am making good progress on v. 2.0 this time. Haven't gotten to any forms yet, though, or I'd jury-rig them into the old sheet the way I did the event listings. Bear with me, the new sheet is very awesome in that it works reliably (as far as it goes), and the bugs, when they pop up, are easy to track.