Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
Performer

The little vellum book with solvent and ink stains on the cover contains numerous scratch pieces of schematics which threaten to fall out. A bookmark allows the book to open wide at the most recent entry. The penmanship on the page scrolls as follows:

In the Name of the Cog, the Gizmo, and the Living Lubricant. As it is designed, so shall it be.

This is the first day that I have been away from the cloistered laboratory of our Holy Order in a few years. Poor Brother Torq, our primary spiritual engineer, didn't make it, but he heroically saved Brother Plexi, Sister Utilia, and myself. For that, I will always keep Brother Torq in my most pleasant memories - may they never fluctuate.

I partnered up with a monk, Reebee, during our escape from Gnomeregan. In the devastating turn of events, we've been asked to help our kin and the local dwarves in solving a dizzying host of problems in Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, and the Wetlands. The work seems endless, but I must admit, necessary.

Life has been so rapid, I've almost forgotten my hourly obligation to prayer. Perhaps when there is a lull in urgent activities, I'll attempt to set up a new spot for The First Gnomish Church of Cog. I have my eye on Old Tinker Town in Ironforge with its raised platform. It would be a good place, at least for sermons.

I did manage to take with me a few of our Holy Schematics during our evacuation. I am sure Brother Plexi and Sister Utilia did the same. To have our Sacred Machine Designs destroyed would be a horrible blow to our fledgling Order. As it is written, "He who abandons the Holy Schematics, shall never see the Truth within himself." Though I think 'abandonment' in that case means something more figurative than literal. The truth is, we had little time to evacuate, and we all did our best.

I'll try to find Brother Plexi and Sister Utilia, starting in New Tinker Town and perhaps Ironforge. I do hope they made it out safely, since we got separated after the initial dash out of the lab.

So let me pray a simple prayer, for all of us: May the Great Cog of Cogs bless us with the noblest of fates, may the Omnipurpose Gizmo help us in our time of need, and may the Living Lubricant ease our efforts to do what is righteous in the face of adversity. As it is designed, so shall it be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm 
Performer

In the name of the Cog, the Gizmo, and the Living Lubricant. As it is designed, so shall it be.

Another prayer answered! I found both Brother Plexi and Sister Utilia in Ironforge. There was no time for chatting. We frantically tried to determine which of our Holy Schematics and Sacred Scriptures were missing due to our mad dash out of Gnomeregan. It seems many of the significant Schematics are in intact with only a few insignificant smudges and torn edges. A few important Scriptures are missing, unfortunately, including the Supermechanical Creation of the Multiverse. The good thing is that all three of us were personally privy to this otherworldly revelation due to our fateful exposure to the massive ubiquone coolant leak in Electro-Contraption Lab #49B - the very accident that initiated our devotion.

So, all three of us sat down in Old Tinker Town and put our heads together to recollect each and every detail of the scripture. I will pen the scripture on blueprint paper, with illustrations of course, but I shall also add it here to my journal, just to have yet another place where it is safe:

The Supermechanical Creation of the Multiverse

as Revealed to Brothers Torq and Plexi and Sisters Utilia and Sizisila

Quote:
Before the beginning, there was nothing: neither Space, Time, Force, nor Energy.

The mystery of mysteries occurred at an infinitesimal moment in time. The Primal Darkness, which has absolutely no features, collected itself spontaneously, and the Transcendental Divine Axle sprouted from this void. The resultant vortex within nothingness caused the Prime Substance to miraculously exist.

The Prime Substance was as yet undivided into the Four Basic Subcomponents: Space, Time, Force, and Energy. These subcomponents were perfectly one. But due to massive torque between the Divine Axle and the Prime Substance, these Four Basic Subcomponents, Space, Time, Force, and Energy, coalesced spontaneously.

Space gained its infinite dimensions. Time began to flow, gaining it's eternal features. Force set up its unique attractions and repulsions within the web of Space and Time. Limitless Energy gave birth to endless quantities of Matter, and Energy itself separated into a rainbow spectrum of different forms, including Electromagnetic, Chemical, Thermal, and Radiant Energy. The various forms of Energy immediately responded to the multitude of Forces embedded in Space and Time, and Matter stretched at a right angle to the Transcendental Divine Axle.

As the Five Great Elements, Space, Time, Force, Energy, and Energy's daughter, Matter, separated and stretched, a wondrous pattern arose. Matter began to rotate around the Divine Axle in the form of a Cog of infinite teeth, spinning with the slowest velocity conceivable.

Soon little cogs broke away from the Great Cog of Cogs, which began to spin more quickly in the opposite direction, and then even smaller cogs sprouted from those little cogs, ad infinitum until all existence was a massive machine of cogs. This endless machine is called the Universal Technomatrix. All the cogs work together with variable sizes and speeds, and they all trace back to the Great Cog of Cogs.

The Universal Technomatrix's output caused separations in the Great Five Elements, so that The Ten Sacred Dimensions began to coexist, bound together in reflection, yet separate in character. Of these Ten Sacred Dimensions was the Material Realm, which is the densest of all the Sacred Dimensions.

Within the Sacred Material Dimension, matter formed into discrete units, and those discrete units formed collections, and those collections formed mixtures, and those mixtures formed everything we see and feel - our bodies, the planet, even the air itself. The Sacred Material Dimension also abides by reliable rules, graciously allowing us to predict the outcomes of our contraptions using science.

Other Sacred Dimensions, often misunderstood by mortals, include the Twisting Nether, The Emerald Dream, the Dimension of Time, the Realm of Shadows, and The Great Dark Beyond.

The Intra-Temporal-Spatial Web, which fills the space between the infinite matrix of cogs, began to deform into tight groupings of singularities. These singularities, called the Sacred Gizmos, keep all the cogs in line and working perfectly together. The mother of all Gizmos, which hovers above the Great Cog of Cogs, is honored among all Sacred Gizmos, and we call this one, the Omnipurpose Gizmo.

Within the Universal Matrix, as formed by the Great Cog of Cogs about the Transcendental Divine Axle, a fluid arose between the teeth of each little cog. This Living Lubricant bathes each little tooth of each cog, cultivating in effortless operations with very little friction, aspiring towards peak efficiency.

It is known that everything in the Sacred Material Dimension has its own transcendent cog in the Universal Technomatrix. Because of the wondrous work of the Sacred Gizmos throughout all existence, we are able to slide and switch, one moment working within one position, and the next moment working within a whole different position at a new speed and direction. But the fact remains, we are all connected and working together in one blessed machine.

And now I shall end with a prayer. O Great Cog of Cogs, we are thankful for your bold revelation to us during the so-called Disaster of Lab #49B. O Omnipurpose Gizmo, we are thankful that you have brought the spiritual engineers together again to repair the damage to the Holy Order due to the terrible fall of Gnomeregan. O Living Lubricant, we are thankful for your help in leading us towards a new future together, with the purpose of sharing our knowledge and wisdom with others. Truly, where there is Light, there is the Living Lubricant. As it is designed, so shall it be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 pm 
Performer

In the name of the Cog, the Gizmo, and the Living Lubricant. As it is designed, so shall it be.

I entered into my evening prayerful meditations as usual, thinking kind thoughts about those whom I work with, like my monk friend Reebee, and evoking loving thoughts about the Universal Technomatrix. I brought to mind one of the more mysterious Holy Schematics, whose purpose had remained hidden since its revelation. With great excitement and joy, I realized the power of its construction.

From what I can tell of the sketched parts and cryptic flow diagram, it generates a strong flux of energy through an individual co-axle of the chosen follower cog. If it is combined with a focused vibration steady state, say a strong sound or an intoned word, it induces a repulsive force surrounding the co-axle in an ellipsoid pattern. In the detailed schematic, there are the mysterious initials "GZ K/F" near a primary U-turn nozzle. I think this might mean in Gnomish "Galla zorak kilma/flutota," or "life fluid input/output." Indeed, the resultant secondary projection back though the flux of energy leads me to believe that it might stop any life fluid drains and stabilize the entire cog system.

So, after meditating upon this pattern for two hours, a wondrous thing happened. I am now able to shield people from harm, and as I do, the shield exerts a healing quality through the individual. Bleeding stops, wounds repair themselves, bruises vanish, and the person feels increasingly alive. Alas, my prayers are becoming true blessings, thanks to our Holy Schematics.

Again, let me speak words of praise, especially after a personal discovery as important as this. Great Cog of Cogs, I thank you for allowing me to look upon the Holy Schematics as constructed and issued by your unbounded genius. Most Honored Omnipurpose Gizmo, I thank you for correcting the imbalance between pure revelation and scientific knowledge through the sacred art of spiritual engineering. Living Lubricant, I thank you for my new power that will help all who are by my side. As it is designed, so shall it be.