Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:30 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:43 pm 
Performer

The tone of Sh'andieb's journal has suddenly switched from being a documentation of his travels to letters written to his mentor. The hand is harder, less elegant, with the tip digging deep into the parchment.

Swiftriver,

What a week it has been! First, I was sitting alone in Westfall and then, suddenly, I was hunting with my dear friend Adorietha. I am not sure who is more deadly, her or KalSinda. Both have a deadly grace, a fluidity of motion where no movement is wasted. I am beginning to see what KalSinda meant when she said Adorietha could be a Nightstalker.

We spent two days clearing murlocs from the Westfall coast for a human ghost who inhabited the lighthouse. A benevelent spirit who simply wanted to see his beautiful coast remain safe for travelors. Unfortunately, it is not and crawls with murlocs of all sorts. We were challenged to say the least, but you would have been proud of us. We fought together beautifully and backed each other up whenever possible. We make a deadly combination and when the time comes to answer the call of battle, the Horde better beware!

Just when we were getting comfortable with each other again, Adorietha was called to Stormwind by a friend of hers, one who is teaching her the deadly skills she is learning. She hinted at a possible profession but would not talk further. We kept a watch for Shathridas, but it seems the Druids are keeping him to themselves.

Before we parted, I created a piece of leather body armor from Murloc scales for Adorietha. The scales are surprisingly strong. When I finished and she tried it on, I realized that it fit really well. In fact, maybe a bit TOO snug? She looked stunning and I think I even blushed! I know I turned away,briefly. What would your sisters think of that? Bless Elune they were not there to witness! Adorietha loved it and was very appreciative, commenting on the craftsmanship and the beauty. I must admit, it was one of my better creations.

She then said I needed to make one for me so we could be twins.

Swiftriver, I am confused. I am not trusting my feelings, trusting myself. Ideas I had about the Draenai were wrong. I considered Duun,Zasuura and Uusha as untrustworthy. I was wrong. Can, SHOULD friends ever become more? Adorietha and Shath are the only Kal'Dorei family I have left. Duun and his crew have become friends but I cannot consider them family, no matter what SAM writes. Not yet, anyway.

When I lie awake under the moon, I see her face. I see her knives flashing and even more, her smile. This cannot be. It will not be. I know the Sentinals said I should give her a knife, a gift, but I will not. I will make her the finest armor I can, to protect, but not a knife; not something to kill. To do so, I feel, would kill our friendship and maybe the the only family I have left.

My feelings say otherwise, that it would be ok, but Swiftriver? I do not trust them. I am going to sink them deep, bury them. I can be safe that way.

Swiftriver, I wish you were here to see us in action. You would be proud.

I am going to take a break for a bit, maybe visit an inn or two, dance with the Humans in the Stormwind park. It is not such a bad city, as far as Humans go. Our group will be meeting again soon in Westfall and I need some rest before.

Rest With Elune, Swiftriver. I miss you

Sh'andieb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:56 am 
Performer

Swiftriver,

It has been yet another eventful week, with new friends met and surprises from old friends; one in particular.

Let me explain.

Shathridas met Adorietha and I in Westfall to start off our weekly gathering of the "Friends of Sam" (what we are calling ourselves thanks to that book you gave me). It was good to see him and I practically jumped from my chair when he appeared. Seems he has been in heavy training with the druids, running constant errands for them. Still, he was the same old Shath we have come to love. I gave him some armor I had crafted especially for him and in exchange, he gave me some of his life-giving elixirs. A very fair trade!

Once we were all together with Duun and Uusha, we met with Gyran Stoutmantle, head of the People's Militia in Westfall. It seems as if Stormwind has abandoned the county to the brigands and only a Militia is there to stop them. Disgusting, I know, but he is doing all he can and we have signed on to investigate and see what we can do to help. It feels like a true purpose!

Gryan sent us to a place called Redridge and the town of Lakeshore. A nice enough place, if you're a Human I suppose. Anyway, Duun led us into the inn to meet a very unsavory charactor named Wiley. Rogue and brigand, undoubtedly, and of the worst sort I am sure. His letter to Stoutmantle summed it up quite clearly and if what this Wiley says is true, something terrible is afoot in Westfall.

Gryan, after reading the letter from Wylie, sent us to meet with another delightful charactor named Mathias Shaw, head of an organization they called SI:7.

Oh! Also, we met another "friend of Sam" while in Lakeshore. Duun knew him and introduced us. Seems Duun knows everyone these days and can sniff out friends of Sam like a wolf stalking sheep. A Human Paladin named Rostlen. Very nice chap, to say the least; KalSinda approved of him,which is all that matters! He ventured to Westfall with us and, after chatting with him for a bit, decided I like him very much and look forward to seeing him again. An honourable Human and worthy of our company.

Anyway...

Swiftriver, this is where the story takes a personal turn, for it seems Adorietha is quite familiar with Shaw and easily lead us to him without pause. In fact, she was well known at SI:7 and we were welcomed into the place with open arms (an exageration, Swiftriver! a Joke, more like snears). There was not one person in this place that resembled anyone remotely respectable. However, Adorietha introduced us, handled the letter exchange and we departed back to the waiting Gyran Stoutmantle.

I am concerned. Adorietha finally revealed what she has been doing: training with this SI:7 group. Even more, the letter we took back to Stoutmantle claimed Mathias Shaw is head of the Assassin's Guild!

Assassins, Swiftriver! Adorietha is learning to become an assassin!!! She even said so herself. Duun sloughed it off but I cannot. I could see that even Shathridas was a little concerned, which is saying a lot.

You know that I cannot stand rogues, cut-throats, brigands. Yet, isn't that what SI:7 is? A den of thieves? A Rogue's Gallery? And now, to discover Adorietha is training with them? This is about all I can bear. I know she was always a bit of a layabout but how does being lazy send one down that path? It just doesn't make sense; not one bit.

Swiftriver, I need help and now! I bury my feelings, my yearnings, in the name of friendship only to now discover she is becoming something I would normally despise, loathe and hate. Oh dear, what am I to do? Do I accept her no matter what and throw my beliefs to the wind, ALSO in the name of friendship? Do I turn my back on her and therefore my friends and make my own way? Is there another option?

A strange scribbling is written here, a gibberish and unreadable, as if the Sh'andieb tried to doodle while thinking

No, you are right, of course... as always. I cannot do that, cannot turn away from my responsibilty. She is family and no matter the path she chooses I have to love her as family, as more. Maybe she needs us more than ever, if only to keep her from becoming like Shaw or even worse, Wiley. Still...

But why, Swiftriver, why did she have to choose such a dishonourable path? Did we, as friends, fail her? Did I fail her? Should I have come clean regarding my feelings? Would that have helped?

A strange scribbling is written here, a gibberish and unreadable, as if the Sh'andieb tried to doodle while thinking

I don't know if I can do that. Proclaim? You have got to be kidding! That is harder for me than you think and to do such a thing... I don't know. I will have to think on it.

Yea, I will consider.

So, as you can see, it was a very eventful gathering.

One last thing: you never did say who gave me the "Brown Book". You said she was someone who cared deeply for me. Was it you? I really wish I knew...

Sleep well with Elune, Swiftriver!

Sh'andieb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 am 
Performer

This entry is written with a quick, free-flowing hand as if the author could not write fast enough to get his thoughts out

Swiftriver!

Everything is terrific. My heart is light and sings with excitement and promise of bright futures.

Our weekly meeting in Stormwind began with Shathridas requesting our aid in helping him locate the source of an ominous water poisoning in Darkshore. Can you believe that? Poisoning water! The world is failing, Swiftirver!

Of course, we accepted. Zasuura, Adorietha and myself joined Shath and booked passge aboard ship to Auberdine. I must admit, returning to the forested shores of Auberdine was a breathe of fresh air. I appreciate the Human city of Stormwind but cannot stay there long. The sense of confinement is overwhelming and I longed for nautre's freedom.

It did not take long to discover the source and, along with the assistance of a new friend, we made short work of the task. Naga!

I am not going to detail the entire adventure but suffice it to say, we work well together. One thing I should mention, however, was that Zasuura seemed out of sorts. You remember me discussing her? The young Draenai priestess? She seemed to be ill but when questioned would not discuss it. Maybe because of Duun's absence; I'm not sure. She was very quiet and appeared in pain. Something to be concerned about and I hope she is well.

I have good news! Adoreitha and I have cleared the air. I was so worried about her association with SI:7 and their connection to assassins that I had alienated her. In fact, Adie informed me that she had been furious at my doubts of her! Understandable. I can be overprotective, I know, but I do worry about her; about both of them.

We had a nice, long heart to heart discussion with me explaining and apologizing for my actions. She had been surprised that I had questioned her honour,especially after all we had been through. Like I said, we cleared the air and parted with hugs and smiles. All is well.

One final bit of news before I close: Rostlen, one of the "friends of Sam", has sent a letter requesting aid in the fight for Warsong Gulch. The orcs have continued clear cutting trees in Ashenvale and must be stopped. Swiftriver, I have been called to battle and will answer the call. I am certain Shathridas and Adorietha will as well. Our first taste of glory and a chance to avenge our people.

I will do you proud and write of the glories of battle!

Rest With Elune,

Sh'andieb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm 
Performer

There are remenants of two torn out pages between this post and the last. The top portion of this post has been scribbled out and a new one started. The hand is heavy and appears to have been slowly written

Swiftriver,

My apologies for not writting in a while but please understand, I have been occupied with other things. We fought against the Horde in a place called Warsong Gulch, recently, and held our own. In the end it was a stalemate with neither side really gaining an advantage. I marvel at the needless slaughter and the little value placed in life during war but I guess it cannot be helped... very sad ::scribbled out words::

It was glorious and while my newest companion was not with me, she looks forward to engaging the horde again on the field of battle. I have heard rumours of war in the Arathi Highlands in a place called the Arathi Basin. Mystreena is anxious to join and we will soon.

Speaking of my new companion, I need to introduce her! Mystreena is her name; a beautiful and elegant Ghost Sabre from a time long passed. When I am riding or not hunting, she takes the form of a small, marble statue with glowing blue eyes. She is then able to stay with me always and has no need of a stable. Remarkable! I found her among the ruins of Mathystra guarded by the nasty Naga.

I must admit, I was quite surprised when the statue lept from my hands, turning into a live sabre! But surprise turned to joy when I discovered she was to be mine. She is an incredible companion and seems to like my friends, Shathridas and Duun. Especially Shath since he can now take the form of a panther. I was unable to introduce her to Adorietha, however. There never seemed a proper moment, for some reason, but I am...

The other day, Swiftriver, we assualted the hideout of a vile brigand known as VanCleef. It was full of thieves, cut throats and rogues, many of which were Human. It was all I could do to stay back in support! I was outraged they dared infringe on the rights of the people of Westfall. Mystreena and I charged in with all we had... you would have been proud! Shouting the charge of the Kal'Dorei, I poured arrow after arrow into every miscreant I saw, while Myst tore them to shreds with her claws and fangs. It was glorious, I tell you! Glorious.

My other friends helped, of course, and in a major way. Uusha wielded the power of the Light to draw them in but seemed often hesitant, as if worried we would be overwhelmed. In fact, if it wasn't for Myst and I, we might still be in that den slugging our way through. Pretty sure that UUsah was irritated with us for trying to take the lead but she will get over it.

Well, I need to wrap this up. Mystreena is hungry and wants to hunt. I wouldn't mind hunting as well, seeing I need more leather for my craft. I have made some beautiful items recently, very strong, good quality. I expect them to sell well in Stromwind...

I need to create some better gear for Adorietha as well. I have one pattern that would look stunning... ::scribbled out words::

Mystreena calls me to the hunt!

Rest Well With Elune, Swiftirver

Sh'andieb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm 
Performer

The writting is very clear, concise and elegant. It looks as if every word had been carefully considered before being penned.

My Dear Kyrian Swiftriver,

Today, I lit a candle for you at the tomb of Uther the Lightbringer and prayed to Elune for your peaceful rest. It has been some time, now, since you fell and I feel it is time to move forward with my life and let you move forward with yours.

Times have been hard for me since your fall. Knowing you were alive had kepy my heart light and full of hope. It was as if there was a little voice in the back of my mind giving me direction and my confidence was strong. However, from the moment I received word of your fall, things have been very different. The confidence your life gave me was gone, the connection lost; emptiness.

True,my friends have been extremely helpful and always available should I need their thoughts. What I find most comforting is their presence with no need to talk. Silence is golden.

At Uther's Tomb, I saw many valiant warriors of the Alliance and realized that I was part of something greater than just the Kal'Dorei. Every one of them had lost someone special, be it family, friends or partners. And every last one of them wept tears of loss beneath his visage among hundreds of flickering candles. So many losses and so few warriors.

It was then that I realized what I must do: I must let you go and move on with my life, my goals and my own salvation. These mighty peoples cried, prayed and then celebrated life. They shot fireworks, drank ale and feasted in honour of the fallen. They shed their tears and moved on, knowing the shadow would not wait. I was honoured to be among them and by being there, I found freedom.

So, my dearest Kyrian, this will be my last letter to you. I hope your sleep is golden, your rest blissful and that you have found all you searched for within the arms of Blessed Elune. I move on, now, to things I know not. I have no idea of what awaits around the next bend, over the next hilltop, but I do know so long as I follow my heart, let my soul sing it's own song, I will be free.

Kyrian Swiftriver, Huntress and Champion of the Kal'Dorei, I salute you!

Rest well in the arms of Blessed Elune and one day I will see you again.

but not yet.... not yet.

Your Sister-Son,

Sh'andieb Swiftriver
Hunter of the Kal'Dorei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 am 
Performer

The date on this entry is several months seperated from the previous post. The hand is thick and heavy with leanings toward the haphazard.

I feel the need to write.

Why? Not sure but it has been so long... maybe that is it. Maybe it is.

Eyes. That is all I see at night. Green. Glowing. Eyes.

And now; now I read back into my journal and see a name that fails to stick in my mind. I read it and as quickly as I do, the name slides away into the nether. Like it never existed. Yet, I see it on the page and know it exists. I see it but find it hard to write it out here.

K A L S I N D A

The only way I can write is letter by letter without thinking of the name. What in Elune is going on? According to my entries, I have a loyal companion named (scribble) named (scribble)

This is crazy. I must be crazy. The only companion I know is Ishnu the bear. Quiet and not very interactive with me, yet he does his job. Sometimes I wonder why he chose to join me, yet he did. Maybe out of curiosity? Yes, he does his job.

However, it seems Ishovan is scared of bears. I wonder how that will work should we need to hunt together again? In Astranaar, she told Khada and I of her fear, forcing me to send Ishnu to his stable. I didn't mind.

Speaking of Khada. In the middle of our discussions, she suddenly bolted off in tears. Saying something about not being able to stay here anymore. Too much pain. Ishovan and I were shocked to say the least, with neither knowing the reason for her reaction. I have known Khada a long time yet never heard of any pain associated with Astranaar or Ashenvale.

Something else.

Adorietha failed to show. That is concerning. I hope everything is well with her. I do miss her...

I have a strange feeling to just be. No fighting, no hunting. Just sit here and look over the waters of Astranaar. Walk among the trees of Ashenvale. Watch the wisps high in the branches.

Yet, I feel as if I'm missing something. There is a whisper in the back of my mind, a whisper pointing me toward Darkshore. I hear the rustling of winds through the dark branches, the smell of fir sap, the cry of crows winging overhead, the mysterious gurgling of waters hidden within the shadowed underbrush. I love those forests, those secretive glades wreathed in shadowy darkness. Magical, mysterious, mystreena (the writing suddenly digs into the parchment, almost piercing the page)

My Head! Gah! It Hurts! Where did that come from?! I am seeing...

Eyes! green glowing eyes! The world is dark and there is nothing but eyes!

Will they not leave me alone? Now, even when writing I see eyes? First my dreams, now in waking?

Oh Elune! What am I to do?

Swiftriver, why did you leave? I need you so much now... Adorietha? Where are you? Why did you not show? (the script trails off into a line)

I know. I will find you. I will come to you.

Where to look...? where. where... (the script does not stop, as if the writing is taking a life of it's own)

Trees... Fir trees! Yes, Darkshore! You're in Darkshore. But where? firs... I see. Ruins. I hear... hissing. I see...

NAGA!

May Elune have mercy! The Naga have you. They will not keep you.

I am coming, Swiftriver. I am coming, Adorietha.

Mathystra cannot hold you, cannot stop me.

And DAMN the green eyes!