Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 am 
Performer

This journal was actually begun when Sh'andieb reached Shadowglen, met up with his friends and began his training. For the sake of pacer interest (Brown Book), the viewable entries will begin with Sh'andieb's journey to Auberdine and meeting the Draenai members for the first time.

My friends have departed once again, this time for Azure Watch to make a delivery. I am remaining here in Dolanaar to continue my training as a Hunter. It has been like old times, being with Shathridas and Adorietha again. All three of us being drawn here at the same time to learn. Shathridas has become a Druid and Adorietha... Well, we cannot decide what Adorietha has chosen to do, other than earn coin performing tasks around Teldrassil and practicing with her knives.

Adorietha. She had always been a bit of a lay-about, not really doing much of anything except playing with her knives. She is quite talented with them, as I personally learned after making fun of her and having a knife plunk into a tree beside my head. I never saw it coming and she laughed so hard, saying "if my mouth opened larger, an owl might find a home". She pulled it from the trunk, brushing the blade against my face like a lover's caress, then skipped away, giggling while she went.

She is like a little sister to Shatridas and I, constantly trying to impress and rushing ahead when caution is advised. We have noticed that she slips away on occasion and after returning, seems to have learned new skills. When we once asked her about it, she simply smiled, gave us a coy look and winked. That was it! Oh well, she is a dear friend and whatever she is working toward, it is for the good of our people.

Then there is Shathridas. I don't think he has ever met a person he did not like. He won't even speak too badly of Orcs, which, Bless Elune, frustrates me to no end. He is similar to Adorietha in that he will rush in as well, throwing caution to the wind. I remember once when we had been asked to clear out some spiders in Shadowglen and there he went: charging right in as if they were not dangerous and blasting them with his moonfire. I must say, if i hadn't been at his back, he may not have survived. He will never believe that, of course.

Shathridas is a good person, one of the best I have known. We get along every well and enjoy teasing each other every chance we get. In fact, both Adorietha and Shathridas are my best and dearest friends; life would be dull without them.

Like I said, we have had quite a time with each other in Teldrassil.

Now, however, it is time for us to make our mark in the world. Shathridas and I each recieved a copy of this "brown book" and discussed it with Adorietha. We have decided to follow the writings and see where it leads us. We are family, thorugh friendship if not through blood, and who knows what awaits us in Azeroth.

Oh! Dazalar has arrived for my next lesson! I will write more later.

Last edited by ArtofMagic on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sh'andieb Swiftriver
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm 
Performer

Auberdine at last!

I had considered taking the boat but after seeing the griffen master, I could not resist the temptation to soar in flight. It was wonderful; feeling the wind rush over me, smelling the sea below. This is a skill I must learn one day and once I do, I may never walk again. Well, that is a bit of a reach, as what would life be without walking under the beeches in moonlight?

Shathridas and Adorietha are due to meet me at the inn and from there, we will decide where we are to go, what we are to do. My training has gone very well and I am advancing rapidly. Dazalar has told me to return to Dolanaar in a week and he will being teaching me the art of beast mastery. I will learn the secrets of taming beasts, feeding them, healing them and most exciting: communicating with them. I can, in a way, talk to Kyra but only in certain ways. Not like a true hunter can.

I can hardly wait!

Shath and 'Rietha have not arrived yet, so I spent the day fishing. The sensations of the sea are delightful, and while not quite as refreshing as the woods, are brillantly relaxing. The waves crashing on the rocks, the gulls crying overhead, the salt in the air... yes, very relaxing.

Shathridas has now arrived, so maybe we can catch a fish or two before Adorietha shows up.

More later...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm 
Performer

Yesterday will have to be labeled as one of the more interesting days I have recently experienced.

It started out with Shath and I fishing on the rocks below the inn in Auberdine. We were awaiting the arrival of Adorietha from Darnassus and Shath was having a time trying to catch fish. Seemed all he could bring up was garbage: things like, tattered bits of cloth, old fishing line... he even caught some of the sickliest fish I had ever seen! I let him know, too!

After we had caught all we could hold, we ventured back to the inn to see about cooking them up for dinner. It looked as if Adorietha was going to be late returning and we thought to have dinner without her.

There, standing on the sleeping platform were two Draenai; one male and one female. They smiled and greeted us like long, lost friends! Like friends. I was stunned! Who were they to greet us like that? I did not know them and while I had seen a few Draenai around Darnassus, that does not mean they were to be trusted. We were no longer in Teldrassil and I was not about to rush into anything.

Needless to say, I did not return the greeting with anything other than a nod.

Shathridas, however, smiled brightly and returned the greeting with all of the cheer and friendliness he could muster! I looked at him with shock. He acted like he had known them his entire life. I simply stood there, watching them closely and listening to them speak in common, all of the while shaking my head. I was thinking, "what is he doing? We don't know them!"

The male Draenai appeared to be the dominate one, or leader, and introduced himself as Duun. No last name, no family name. Simply Duun. I nodded at him once in reply but not Shathridas! Oh no, he gave his name and welcomed them to Auberdine, going so far as to invite them to share our meal. He then introduced me. That earned him a look but out of honour, I greeted the two Draenai with as little familiarity as I could add. The female introduced herself as Zasuura and seemed as hesitant as I.

To make matters worse, Adorietha arrived and acted like Shatridas, greeting the Draenai like she had known them her whole life. Funny thing was, they both knew I was unsure about these people and they chided me for it. So, out of kindness and the spirit of hospitality, I offered some freshly baked bread I had made earlier in the day.

Not a word. I looked to Duun and then to Zasuura and offered again. Fresh bread anyone? Only Adorietha took some and did so very gratiously, may Elune Bless her!

Thank goodness my friends have me to watch their backs or they will be slaughtered one day. As simple as that.

Shortly thereafter, Duun said he must go to Azure Watch and asked if we wanted to accompany him and Zasuura. Shath and Adorietha jumped at the chance, so I joined the escapade to the Draenai encampment. Someone had to watch their backs!

Several things stand out from that first encounter. This Duun charactor is overly friendly, (almost too friendly), and frequently talked to Zasuura in their own language, especially when we seemed to be out of earshot. Also, the Draenai were guests in a Kaldorei town, yet we provided the food. The Draenai never offered any of their own. I found that interesting.

However, we journyed with them to Azure Watch.

Interesting, very interesting.

-- continued on the following page--

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:32 am 
Performer

Azuremyst Ilse

Duun led us to a place called Odesyus's Landing, a pitfiul looking place that a human called Admiral Odesyus of the Alliance has literaly carved from the forests, including felling trees by the dozens. The human loggers seemed to be enjoying themselves, much to Shathridas's sadness.

We performed several tasks for the Admiral and his cohorts, including a dwarven relic hunter and Priestess Kyleen Il'dinare. How she could put up with the logging is beyond me.

As a group, we fought well and never had too many problems. I wasn't too thrilled with bringing Kaldorei relics to the Dwarf, but they did lead us to a vile leader of the Naga. The ruins were stunning and Duun had many questions about where they had come from. I considered answering but held back. If he wants to know, maybe he should read a few books!

My suspicions of Duun still continue, as he held back during many of the fights, seeming to let Shath, Adorietha and I do all of the work. Toward the end of the day I mentioned this to Shath and he just laughed it off, telling me to settle down, they were our friends. Duun must have overheard, as he suddenly launched himself into the frey and fought with a ferocious delight. Shath shoved me, telling me that I had been silly to think bad of Duun, and "if I wanted to occupy my mind with something, why not consider kissing a female Naga."

I was not amused.

I told him I would consider it.

We parted company at the landing and vowed to meet again one week later in Auberdine. In the mean time, I plan to do some research of my own into the Draenai people and see if anyone has ever heard of Duun and Zasuura.

Most exciting! I have recieved a letter asking me to come to Dolanaar to learn the most important aspect of being a Hunter: taming a beast! I can hardly wait.

I will write more later...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:35 am 
Performer

AUBERDINE

I once again find myself in Auberdine awaiting the arrival of my friends, new and old. Shathridas has been spending more and more times with Druids, studying and learning the ways. I admire him for sticking with the old ways and following the path. He will be honoured among the Kaldorei for his choices.

Adorietha has been away as well. I have yet to discover what she does with her time, but she is doing something. Her skills with the knife are improving and that doesn't just happen. Her moves are more precise, deadlier and I swear I have seen her meld into the shadows yet appear elsewhere; supposedly not possible. it will be interesting to compare skills when we meet tonight for dinner. I doubt she will say much about this, but it won't hurt to try!

Myself, I have learned the skills I have so coveted: taming beasts and making them companions. However, one does not make an animal become a companion, it is much more than that. I have sworn not to tell the secrets to any and will not do so here. But the experience! Incredible is an understatement.

I was ordered to tame three different types before I coud master the knowledge necessary to go out on my own. First, I had to tame a <shudder> SPIDER. Of all things! Shathridas and Adorietha would give me no end of trouble if I told them this. I will, of course, but still. It was a horrible experience and not one I plan to repeat. Some of the things that go through spiders minds are deeply troubling.

My next task was to tame a Nightsabre. Now that was a wonderful experience! Cats are grace come to life. This one was none too pleased to have been tamed, yet once we came together, he understood it was only for a small amount of time and he could return to his mate. I learned much about hunting in a small amount of time from the sabre: how to stalk prey, attack from the shadows and shred them to pieces! We worked well together.

Before we parted company, he let me know of a young she-sabre who may be interested in jourying with me and when I was ready, to come look for her. KalSinda, he said her name was or Star Stalker in the common tongue.

Finally, I was asked to tame an Owl and learn it's ways of hunting. Owls are reverred by the Sentinals and Huntresses and this was a true honour. The owl was none too pleased, but much like the sabre, understood the reasons and decided to teach me what she knew. They are graceful and fierce. Thier methods of attack are impressive: swooping down on their prey and swarming them with attacks or beak and claw. Their screech stuns their enemies and can make them weaker.

I do not think I would tame one unless she wanted to journey with me, they are just too special. Besides, Kyra might not take it well.

Once I completed these tasks, I was taught how to feed, call them and even revive them should they fall in battle. It is a special sort of healing and while I am not sure I understand the mechanics behind it, I consider it more a Blessing of Elune. I do not question the abliity.

Dalazar, my instructor, said that while I now knew how to tame an animal, I still needed to learn how to train it. He instructed me to head to Darnassus and speak with one of the most reverred Hunters known: Jocaste. There, she would teach me to train, heal and much more over time. He told me I had come a long way and would do Huntress Swiftriver proud. He gave me a taming rod and sent me on my way with honour.

With that, I went to Darnassus

--next page--

Last edited by ArtofMagic on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:11 am 
Performer

--continued from the previous page--

There is not much to tell of my trip to Darnassus. I learrned what I needed and immediately went in search of KalSinda, the female Nightsabre my previous companion metioned. It was a difficult task, I must admit, for one doesn't just walk up to a nightsabre and ask for directions:

"Excuse me, Mr. Nightsabre, Do you know where I can find KalSinda? No? Ok, thank you Mr. Nightsabre. Have a nice day."

That is a good way to get killed.

The training rod is a form of compulsion that allows a hunter to temporarily take control of a beast. Once under your control, you can then communicate with the animal and let them know your intentions and explain why you have taken control of them. If they choose to travel with you, then they stay. If not, then you let them go live their lives. However, the difficult part is that the compulsion takes about 30 seconds to take hold, during which the beast is trying to rip you to shreds (Kill you and eat you for supper). Armor is a must when attempting this.

Let's just say there were many angry Nightsabres around Teldrassil and I was mostly ripped to shreds by the time I found her. Fortunately, she had heard that I was looking and once she got over her anger at the process of being "tamed", she gladly decided to join me. From what I gathered, the sabre I had tamed during my training had been her uncle, of sorts anyway, and had informed her i would be searching.

One of the deepest mysteries of the Hunter is the method in which we communicate with our companions. I was taught the secret and sworn not to share except with other Hunters, but can explain a bit without giviing it away. Besides, if anyone should read this journal, I will be dead, so it will not matter to me!

It seems that once you enter the mind of the animal by way of the compulsion rod, there is a mental connection that never fades. In actuality, the compulsion rod (training rod) is only used to temporarily take control and form this connection. Once the beast decides whether or not to travel with you, the compulsion is broken. If the animal stays, then the mental connection remains through choice.

Jocaste said the connection to companions remains forever, even if you part company. She told me she continues to visit former companions, checking in on their families, as if they were his own family. She said they DO become family, and many times, they have visited her when she was out in the wild.

When communicating with animals, which is most fascinating, it is completely mental. One doesn't SPEAK nightsabre, or bear, or crab. It is through mental images. Jocaste said that after a time, you will come to know each other so well that even images no longer become necessary. Jocaste also told me to remember that the animal is reading my thoughts as much as I am reading her thoughts.

Seems interesting that the words CHOICE and FAMILY appear once again, as they did many times in Sam's Brown Book. Interesting.

--continued on the next page--

Last edited by ArtofMagic on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:47 am 
Performer

--continued from previous page--

KAL SINDA

What a beautiful creature she is: elegant, graceful and fierce. She also has a very strong will and informed me that there are things she wants to see in the world as well, and if I want her to remain as a companion, I better make sure she gets to see them.

This should be an adventure.

There are two types of Nightsabres living in Teldrassil: ones with stripes and ones with spots. KalSinda is of the spotted variety and she takes GREAT pride in that. She said her variety are better hunters, the best stalkers and the most fierce. She said her spots are perfectly balanced between dark and light, which provides the best camoflage when hunting. She said I was lucky she chose to travel with me as there is not a better hunter among the Stalkers (That is what they call themselves, the spotted cats). Well, her age, that is.

She is young, by Stalker standards, and has not found a suitable mate. She said she is in no rush to have cubs and actually admires the Huntresses of the Kaldorei who take no mates, choosing instead to wed the glaive. She told me me she is wedded to the claw and looks forward to our hunts. She has heard of Orcs from other Stalkers who have returned from the Kaldorei Hunt (those stalkers who have chosen to be companions of hunters and returned) and looks forward to shredding them for the harm they have done.

She told me the Stalkers admire the Kaldorei and tales are told of times long lost when there was no animosity between the Kaldorei and beasts of the world. They lived in harmony and shared each others lives as one. Tales, she said, of times long passed.

Her name is long in our tongue yet still short in her language. KalSinda is her simplified name in Darnassian. In common it means, "Star Stalker", but both of those do not do her justice. The image that appears in my mind when I focus on her name is "of her hiding in the deep, green bullrushes waterside, stalking glittering stars which are reflected on the pools of Teldrassil under the moonlight while a light mist falls from wisp-filled trees. A cool, crisp night with owls screeching in the distance and frogs croaking on the shores. Water ripples and time stands still."

There is more to the meaning and from what I gathered, it will get longer as she gains more life experiences.

She has a mind of her own, there is no doubt about that, and many times will wander off in search of a new smell that has touched her nose. I can hardly wait to introduce her to Adorietha and Shathridas. I wonder what she will make of them upon meeting? She knows them through my thoughts (which is a scary thing) and is looking forward to the encounter herself. She seems to really like the images of Adorietha, especially her metallic claws (knives), and her ability to stalk. She says they are very much alike and Adorietha would make a good Nightsabre, but especially a Stalker.

Thank goodness KalSinda cannot speak to them!

She is also eager to meet our new friends, the Draenai. She has heard of them by way of the Kaldorei Hunt and seems to think my ideas of them are flawed. Everything she has heard about them leads her to believe they a are true and honourable people, very similar to the Kaldorei. She thinks I am being too hasty with my lack of trust, especially of Duun.

All of this from my thoughts!

Our dinner today should be interesting indeed!

They have arrived! I will write more later...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 am 
Performer

Looking at the journal, it appears as if two pages have been ripped out between this entry and the previous one.

The past two weeks have seen many changes in my opinions of the Draenai people. Where mistrust and concern existed, now faith and good will fill the gap. I would have never believed my thoughts and ideas could change so fast, but they have. Change is something our people have gotten used to since the 3rd war and I guess this is proof.

What caused this change of opinion? Several things I think. Exploring the ruins in Darkshore was one. A long visit alone with Zasuura was another. I learned so much about her people from just a short visit and she confirmed ideas I had considered rumours. We both have common enemies: The Burning Legion and the Orc. Interesting they crashed on Azeroth and near the current Kaldorei home city. There is a higher hand in this. Then to learn KalSinda's opinions and that of her pride... The Draenai must be our friends.

I am looking forward to our meeting tonight in Darnassus. We have a new Draenai member to our group: Uusha, a paladin, who seems very shy yet does not hesitate to raise her hammer in battle. It may be hard getting to know her, but I am sure we can break through her shyness. I have noticed the Draenai appear to look up to Duun, almost like a father figure. I am not sure that is entirely the case and they have not explained their relationships. I guess that will come with time.

I briefly visited with Shathridas in Darnassus and gave him some armor I had made. We talked about fishing and other mundane things we used to enjoy every day together. But he had to leave in a hurry to lessons with the Druids. I must admit, I miss our time together; fishing, hunting and general nonsense. That has also changed and I am not sure for the best. We will see.

Time to run! Time to meet our friends

more later...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:15 am 
Performer

I have returned to Auberdine and sit on the rocks watching the sun set upon the sea. Somewhere, out there, is the Maelstrom and the end of the Well. A sad story that, but necessary I guess. What we gave up to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion, especially at Hyjal...

Last night, Adorietha gave our friends a tour of Darnassus and Teldrassil. She even showed me a place I had never seen: one of the branches extending out over the sea. We couldn't see the ocean below as the distance down was so far. Duun showed no fear and actually danced on the end of the branch with joy! Uusha and Zasuura were very concerned for his well-being and they did not appear to like the idea of being out on a limb, so to speak. They were funny!

We visited the lovely lakes and streams, waterfalls and groves. I never tire of a stroll through the forest and Adorietha took us to all of them. It is sad to see the creatures so violent at times. Once, in past times, this would not have happened. But since the creation of Teldrassil by Staghelm, things have not been as they once were.

Adorietha seems distant and I am not sure why. I have noticed strange looks when we are battling creatures; Looks after I have sent KalSinda to help in the fight; looks when I take down a beast before it has a chance to attack her or our friends. It is almost as if she is angry at me, or at the least put out. Doesn't she realize that it is my DUTY to see that none of my friends come to harm? Huntress Swiftriver taught me to never let my friends fall and if they did, I had better fall first. Harsh, but my reality.

We have always been friends: Adorietha, Shathridas and I. I am saddended by the distance that is growing and maybe, that is the way of things now. Maybe, it is the paths we have chosen. Maybe it is the new friends we have made. I must admit, I find myself drawn to learning more about them, seeking them out to explore.

Maybe it is KalSinda? Surely she is not an issue. We spend time together, true, but she adores my friends. She has sworn to honour my vow to never let my friends fall; never let ANY of us fall before she does. No wonder the Huntresses ride and hunt with Sabres. They are the definition of dedication and honour.

Oh well.

I need to seek out Adorietha and see what is bothering her. I know Shathridas is busy training with the Druids and I honour him for his dedication. He is not my worry. True, I miss our time together, but I understand.

I think I will walk a while in the woods and see what comes.

more later...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:44 am 
Performer

Brewfest!

Wow! What an event. I must admit I am paying the price for it today with a head that pounds louder than the Great Anvil. But still, it was well worth it. Even the cold weather wasn't that bad. The brew was good and I raced around on rams! They are fun to ride, if a little wild. I was thrown into some evergreens when I tried to get one of the beasts to stop. Fortunately, the snow was soft and I suffered no injury.

Shathridas put on some gnomish goggles that allowed him to see strange creatures running around called Wopertingers. He actually caught some, showed me how and all three of us (Adorietha included) ended up with one as a pet. Odd creature: a rabbit with owl wings and antlers. Very odd. But interesting.

It all started by meeting in the Exodar and finishing our tour. This day, Zasuura completed it by introducing us to the Naaru and their meaning to the Draenai people. With all of the exciting and yes, tragic, details of the Draenai journey, the only thing that ran through my mind was "Where were the Naaru from and why had no one asked before?" Stupid, I know, but for some reason, it was burning my brain to know.

So, Zasuura told me to go ask O'ros, the Naaru, where they were from.

I just looked at her! I babbled something about not really needing to, that I was just curious, or some such nonsense. Zasuura and Duun insisted it was ok but I was frozen in place. For some reason, my legs would not work and I could not step up that ramp. I was shamed. I had faced fierce beasts, spiders too. Yet, when faced with standing up to my question, I retreated; as if I did not want to approach such a being and ask a stupid question like that.

However, Bless Elune, Adorietha strode forward, confident and showing no fear. She allowed me to save face and rescued my honour. I could not let her go alone (my Hunter instincts took over) and with me calling out for her to wait, I quickly followed her up.

What happened next is hard to describe.

One moment we were walking up the ramp with me asking her to slow down, to wait and the next...

We stood there, in the light and music of O'ros,bathed in pure goodness and clasped hand in hand. I no longer needed the answer to my question, it seemed irrelevant, unworthy. No, it simply was not necessary. It was enough to be in the majestic presence of this beautiful being, awash in it's light and just BE.

Something more, though. Not just be ME, but be US. Strange. It was like we were supposed to be there, together. No others, just us. I remember feeling Adorietha squeeze my hand and I smiled at her, squeezing back. It was right. All time, all space semed to only exist there. There was nothing else, anywhere, except O'ros, Adorietha and I.

I cannot describe it further, for words do not do the experience justice; nor would I care to try. It was magical, special, spiritual. I am not sure how long we stayed there before Zasuura arrived: seconds, minutes, longer? We seemed in another place, another time. But when Zasuura spoke, time raced forward and suddenly we were back in the now, the heavy weights of the world in place and the spell broken. Adorietha raced back down to our friends and I stood there, looking up at O'ros and wondering what I, what WE, had just experienced.

Whatever that experience was, the feelings, the emotions remain.

Afterwards, we made our way to Ironforge via Stormwind and the Tram. Brewfest was lots of fun and everything that had happened earlier faded away into memory. We met new friends, Dwarves and gnomes, even a Human, I think. Hard to remember, though, as the music was loud and the brew louder. It had a way of making thinking an unworthy venture. The Dark Iron Dwarves appeared and tried to raid the casks. We flung mugs at them and sent them scurrying back into their... Moles? I think they were called. Strange race, Dwarves.

Still, my mind races back to O'ros and...

I must walk. KalSinda is off visiting her pride so I am going to walk among the trees and clear my mind.

Blasted dwarven hammers!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:24 pm 
Performer

SH'andieb emerged from the forests of Duskwood with the dawn, refreshed and light of heart. He could feel the sun starting to rise over the hills and listened to the creatures as they began stirring for their own daily pursuits. KalSinda was still in Teldrassil, as far as he knew, and Sh'andieb considered befriending a bear; if only to learn more about the majestic creatures. His trainers suggested taming many different beasts to learn their fighting styles, new methods of hunting. Would make him a more rounded Hunter. Still, Sh'andieb thought it best to discuss the idea with KalSinda.

He arrived at the Auberdine Inn to discover he actually had mail. The innkepper handed it over to him with a smile and a wink. He sighed and thanked her, taking the letter and mumbling, "everyone knows it seems", and made his way upstairs to the more private sleeping platforms.

The letter was adressed "Sh'andieb Swiftriver" in a bold, elegant hand; one he recognized immediately and tore open with excitement.

My Dear Sh'andieb,

I hope this letter finds you well and in good health.

By now you surely are well into your training as a Hunter for the Kaldorei. I have kept an eye on your progress through your trainers and they tell me you are quite talented, learning very quickly. I knew you would do well and I am very proud. Have you been able to spend time with your friends? The ones who went to Shadowglen with you? I certainly hope so, as friends are family and should never be cast aside. Shathridas and Adorietha if I remember correctly?

I understand you have made aquaintance with some of the Draenai. This is good. They are a true and honourable race with which we have many things in common. Enemies, for one. From everything I have learned regarding their race, you may trust them explicitly. Among the Huntresses, they are an honoured people.

The reason I am writing is to inform you that myself, along with several of my sisters, are being sent to Northrend. We are joining an expeditionary force of elite Alliance warriors to help contain the massive buildup of scourge. I cannot tell you more but will write when I can. It is a dangerous assignment and previous forces have failed to return. Do not fear! My sisters are the best of the best and we will return. Besides, if everything I hear from the Sentinals is true, I have good reason to return!

Well, I must wrap this up. We are heading out at first light and I still need to re-check my equipment. My sisters send their blessings and well wishes. They also hope you will learn to dance soon. Please don't!

Until we meet again,

May Elune Bless you and Guide you always.

Swiftriver

Last edited by ArtofMagic on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 am 
Performer

The evening was a blurr as Sh'andieb raced through the streets of Stormwind, KalSinda running gracefully at his side, toward the docks and a boat to Darnassus. His thoughts drifted to the friends he had left behind outside the gates of the city; friends he had sworn to protect. They were heading into a dangerous area called Westfall, a place full of theives, bandits and who knew what else, and he had abandoned them. They had needed him to guide them yet he was running away. Guilt flooded his soul and just as he decided to stop, possibly turn back, he arrived at the dock.

They will be ok, Sh'andieb. KalSinda's voice echoed through his head. They will do just fine without you and will understand your reason for leaving with such haste. The big sabre looked up at Sh'andieb and made a growling sort of sound. "I hope you are right, Kal." He looked back over his shoulder toward the direction his friends had been left. "If anything befalls THEM..." He turned back toward KalSinda, "I don't know if could live with myself." He shook his head, "I could not." KalSinda rubbed her body against Sh'andieb's and began to purr in understanding. They will be alright.

Sh'andieb uncrumpled the note he had recieved from Kyra and had carried in his hand the entire run. He re-read it while waiting for the ship to arrive. It had been addressed with his full name, Sh'andieb Swiftriver

Sh'andieb,

I regret to inform you that your friend and mentor, Huntress Kyrian Swiftriver, has gone missing while on a military assignment to Northrend. As you may know, she took command of a large force of Huntresses to help the Alliance contain the massive buildup of Scourge on the continent, namely on the border of an area known as Dragonblight.

This force departed Darnassus several weeks ago, joined with other elite units of the Alliance and reports from the area indicated they were achieving positive results. However, last week we recieved word that her patrol had been ambushed and only one returned. A group of Draenai Vindicators had ridden forth to retrieve the dead but found nothing except battered equipment.

The Huntresses, including Kyrian Swiftriver, are considered Missing in Action and presumed dead.

I am sorry to tell you this by message but you could not be located. We knew you had been given an Owl by the Huntresses and thought the most expediant way was by Kyra. I ask that you return to Darnassus immediately so I can express my condolences in person and tell you of Kyrian Swiftriver's life, what she meant to the Kal'Dorei and more details of her fall.

I write this with a heavy heart. She was my friend.

Come swiftly.

May Elune Bless You Always,

Huntress Jeen'ra Nightrunner

Sh'andieb slowly lowered the note and stared out to sea, tears streaming down his face. The ship to Darnassus was tacking into the harbour and would arrive at the dock in minutes. Wiping his eyes and blinking, he gathered his wits and prepared for the journey. As he carefulyl folded the note and tucked it safely away, he whispered a prayer of safekeeping for his friends as they ventured into dangerous, unknown territory.

They were all he had, now, and if anything bad were to happen to them...

A Human departing the vessel raised his hand in greeting then suddenly steered clear of Sh'andieb and the fierce look in his eyes, thinking the Elf mad, crazy or worse. Sh'andieb was thinking of the horrors that would befall any who dared harm one of his friends. Sh'andieb smiled down at KalSinda and patted her big, black head. "Come on, Kal. Let's be off"

With one last look toward the Stormwind gates, he sighed and boarded the ship to Darnassus.

Kyrian, he said to himself, I never knew that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:19 pm 
Performer

Sh'andieb took a seat next to the fireplace inside the Lion's Pride Inn of Goldshire and began to pen letters to his friends. He realized that his journey to Westfall might take longer than anticipated and if he did not contact them soon, they may not trust him or value his skills. KalSinda was resting peacfully in the stables and enjoying a cat nap nestled in the hay. The Inn was quiet and not many patrons had arrived yet. In fact, there were none to speak of, making this a perfect setting to concentrate on what needed to be said.

Sh'andieb chewed on the end of the purple quill he preferred to write with before making his mark.

Adorietha and Shathridas,

You must know it is not like me to abandon you so readily nor so quickly, especially when we were due to venture forth to such a violent and harsh land as Westfall. Please know that something serious has happened and I was instructed to return with all haste to Darnassus at the behest of Huntress Jeen'ra Nightrunner.

To make the short of it, Huntress Swiftriver is missing and presumed dead in a place called the Dragonblight, on the continent of Northrend. You both know of my attachment to her, how much she meant to me after my parents were killed in the war. She taught me everything I know about the wild and she fueled my desire to become a Hunter for the Kal"dorei. I loved her like a mother and she felt the same about me.

Huntress Nightrunner filled me in on the details of Swiftriver's fall, and while I will not relate them here, suffice it to say she died with honour trying to protect her charges in much the same way she protected our people. I am saddened beyond words but know she died the way she would have preferred: doing what she lived for.

I was also told that a company of Draenai Vindicators, of which Uusha is a member, fought courageously through Scourge forces to retrieve the bodies but when they won the site, there were none to be found. Only gear and items the Huntresses would never leave behind. I will never forget and will honour the Draenai for their bravery. I was gravely mistaken to ever doubt them, doubt our friends, and will not be mistaken again.

Swiftirver is gone. She is truly gone.

I am making my way to Westfall in hopes of meeting up with you and our company. Please stay safe and do nothing foolish. I could not stand to lose you, either.

May Elune Bless you and Guide You Always,

Sh'andieb Swiftriver

Sh'andieb looked over the letter, nodding with satisfaction and sealing it in an envelope with his personal seal. He addressed the letter to Adorietha - Sentinal Hill, Westfall

After setting aside the envelope, he took a drink of moonberry juice and began to pen a second letter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 pm 
Performer

The following letter is addressed to: Duun & Company, Sentinal Hill - Westfall

Duun (Uusha & Zasurra),

My friend, please accept my sincerest apologies for my sudden and unexplained departure from the gates of Stormwind just as I was about to lead you to Westfall. It is not in my behaviour to abandon a charge lightly nor without cause. Because of this, and in the name of friendship, I feel it necessary to explain my hasty retreat.

If you remember, my owl companion, Kyra, delivered a note on that ill-fated night which caused me great concern. The note explained that a very dear friend, my mentor, had fallen in the Dragonblight protecting our peoples against the Scourge incursion in Northrend. I was asked by the Huntresses to return to Darnassus immediately.

Therefore, it was with a heavy heart and grief that I departed our company that night and left you to venture forth without me to guide. I do not think it necessary to detail my trip to Darnassus and subsequent meeting with the Huntresses. Suffice it to say that I have lost yet another loved one and I am saddened beyond belief.

Duun, I have not been the friendliest to you and your people. In fact, one could even say that I have been cool at best. I have heard the word "brooding" bandied about. I admit to all of these things, saddly, and humbly apologize. You see, I do not give trust lightly, especially when protecting those I consider family; as Adorietha and Shathridas most assuredly are. A common failing among most of the Kal'Dorei, it seems. Yet times change and so must we if we are to survive as a people.

You, Uusha and Zasuura have shown nothing but openess, honesty and goodwill to my friends and I since we first met you in Auberdine. And while I have not neccesarily shown you the same courtesy, I seek to remedy that; and will.

One last thing, for Uusha especially. When the Huntresses were reported lost in the Dragonblight, a company of Draenai Vindicators bravely charged through the ranks of Scourge and won the ambush site in an attempt to recover survivors or the bodies of the fallen. The Huntresses in Darnassus reported that never before in recent memory had they witnessed such gallentry, nor such a display of honour in defence of the Kal"dorei by another race of people. The courage and determination they showed in the face of incredible odds was awe-inspiring. Even more, they lost not one VIndicator in the attempt.

I thought you should know.

I am making my way to Westfall and hope to catch up to you and our company soon. I now look forward to our adventures, together in friendship, as we eagerly seek out what Sam and his "Brown Book" have inspired.

May Elune Bless You Always,

Sh'andieb

Sh'andieb's quill hovered over the paper as he re-read what had been written. then, with a smile, he added, "Swiftriver" to his signature.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:59 pm 
Performer

I have made Westfall and pitched camp near the peddler’s wagons along the road below the Sentinal Hill guard tower and across from the flight master. I did not feel the inn was worth staying, as the thing is in a pitiful state of repair. Also, the lumber mill next door is too much for me to bear. I noticed a severe lack of trees and after seeing the mill, I can see why. Humans and their need to cut down the forest.I am surprised there are still any left in Elwynn!

The food peddler told me my friends were here but left a day or so ago. After giving him the descriptions, it seems they survived in one piece. I'm relieved. I am guessing they made their way back to Stormwind for some rest, which is understandable. This is a dangerous place and littered with roguish types. The people of Westfall are hurting. It seems as if Stormwind has deserted them, leaving them to the whims of the gangs of thieves and cutthroats. The Defias Brotherhood, they call themselves.

The people have brought it on themselves, ravaging the land they way they have. Upset the balance. I bet Shathridas enjoyed his time here!

I helped a farmer’s wife recover her jewellery from the thieves and collected a few of their scarves in evidence. The militia wants me to gather several so they can prove to Stormwind they are in need of aid. I will do what I can, but they are a dangerous lot and cannot be handled alone. KalSinda and I do well enough when we can ambush one alone, but more? Not a chance.

I have no time for the rogues, assassins and cutthroats of this world, especially ones that take advantage of the poor and downtrodden. I feel they are on the same level as Orcs and completely enjoyed slaying the ones I have. I actually feel as if I am making a difference in this world when I do and relish the task of clearing this land of them.

I wonder if my friends received the letters I sent? It took me four days to reach this little village and surely that would be enough time for them to arrive. I am anxious to know their responses to what I wrote. The sooner they return the sooner we can get to helping these poeple. With a group...

My goodness! I do believe I see Adorietha walking toward me. Wow! This will be a good day,it seems.

more later…