Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm 
Character

Ishovan's diary is mostly written in the common speech, although her native language is draenei. She does this to improve her ability with common, but a careful reader will note occasional mistakes.

Azeroth Year 29, Month 9

Today I leave Azuremyst Isle and the Exodar. I've never felt comfortable here since leaving Ammen Vale. I especially despise the city built around the Exodar; it's a confusing mix of glaring and illogical arrangements. I hate getting lost all the time, too.

I did some work for Admiral Odesyus, and from him and his crew I learned something about the city of Stormwind. That's where I'm headed now. My first ship takes me from Valaar's Berth to an elven port named Auberdine. There I'm told I can find another ship from the same docks to Stormwind.

Some of my people would say it will be no better than the Exodar. I say it cannot be worse. I may have to journey further to find a town to my liking. Who knows what I will find. Nevertheless, I do not plan on returning to Azuremyst. There is nothing here for me, anyway.

Last edited by Ishovan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm 
Character

Azeroth Year 30, Month 1, Day 13

I am spending the night in Stormwind tonight. I like the city in many ways -- open sky overhead, canals, easy to find one's way around -- but lately my journeys take me places not convenient to Stormwind. Instead I often find myself in Ironforge, another city easy to navigate and convenient to travel. But it's somewhat claustrophobic with its never-changing light from open flames and molten metal. I love a beautiful sunset or sunrise, something never seen there.

This evening I went to the Blue Recluse for a drink. Despite their constant advertising about a free drink, it's apparently a false promise. I don't know how they get away with it. I nearly smashed something -- including the barkeep -- with my mace in my pique. But another patron offered to buy a drink. I accepted and she invited me to join her and her friends at their table.

I met Adorietha, Lydiane, Ailynn, Sihn and Vorshus. They were quite friendly with me, which was nice. Lydiane and Ailynn seemed quite friendly with each other, as well! We had several drinks together before I was forced to leave to finish conducting some business.

Adorietha loaned me this curious plain brown book. I'm going to read it and then return it to her. She seems to think it might be important to me in some way. I will soon know.

Last edited by Ishovan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am 
Character

Azeroth Year 30, Month 1, Day 14

This brown book is curious indeed. I stayed up into the night, burning my candles low, reading the book Adorietha loaned to me. She's the night elf I met last night in the Blue Recluse.

I haven't thought about my family in a long time. I don't know where they are and they likewise do not know where I am. I'm sure I'm a disappointment to them. The book has gotten me to thinking about them again. It says things about family, about parents. The title inside the book is "Choosing your family: A war orphan's guide to success" and it was written by Samuel Berkehill. It seems there are quite a few people who have read this book and some call themselves "Friends of Sam." I wonder, are there so many people like me?

Last edited by Ishovan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:29 pm 
Character

Azeroth Year 30, Month 1, Day 21

Yesterday, I was in Dalaran when I had the strange idea to visit Astranaar, a small elven village I have not been to in a long time. It was easy trip to make, thanks to magicians in the Silver Enclave and portals they have set up there. When I arrived in Astranaar, ahead in the road a distance I saw people I had met last week in Stormwind. I felt hesitant to join them, but they saw me and called out to me.

I was introduced to Shandieb. They were admiring Ailynn's animal companion, a large cat named Snowblade. Soon, the group planned to depart for Forest Song, an eastern elf village. I did not know it, this village, but they were willing to lead me there. I followed them on my horse along the road which lead there. At one point we passed a Horde fort and were briefly chased. This scared me very much, as I had heard terrifying stories of such places. But the pursuers were on foot and we were mounted, so we soon left them behind us.

At Forest Song, they were in need of our help, first to find a lost companion and then to deliver retribution for the harm the demons had done. Adorietha scared me at one point during our battle with the demons when she got a little separated from the party and was being ferociously attacked. I was able to find her and heal her before serious harm took her.

Later, when others had left and just Ailynn and I remained in Forest Song, I had a long conversation with Ailynn. She is very kind and understanding. She used to travel the caravans from Stormwind to Silvermoon. Trolls attacked one day and killed her parents, and I suppose, many others. She understandably does not like trolls at all now.

We eventually decided to travel someplace warm and dry (it had begun to rain), and most importantly, pleasant. I think our conversation may have saddened both of us in a way. So we traveled to Darnassus together and Ailynn shared a wonderful room with me there. She was very curious about the draenei, and I was happy to show her how we worked and tell her some things. She has two other draenei friends, Duun and Uusha. I think she misses them greatly, but she thinks she will never see Uusha again. That is said, but perhaps I can help her find Uusha. I'm very familiar with Zangarmarsh, where she says Uusha lived.

I feel like maybe I have found my first friend in this world. I feel scared.

[I think I might be forgetting one person. Was there another besides Ailynn, Adorietha and Shandieb?]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 1, day 22.

Last night, I shared a room and bed with Ailynn. She volunteered to sleep wtih her bedroll on the floor and let me have the bed to myself. That did not seem right to me, and I did not feel fearful of her.

When I awoke in morning, she was cuddled against me. It was a nice feeling though I wondered maybe this is normal among dwarves? I do not know. When Ailynn awoke she remained against me. So I think maybe it means something else.

We talked more while still abed. Ailynn was gentle and kind. She seemed to know I feel inside sometimes. Then I don't know exactly what happened, but somehow something in my heart burst to the surface. I began to cry and could not stop. I felt so confused; ashamed and embarrased and afraid and sad. Ailynn just held me close and soothed me until I refound my balance.

She said things that helped me feel better, and that I was ok. She did not seem to be surprised or curious at my behavior. I felt vulnerable as if about to be hurt, and afraid. I did not get hurt and after some time, I felt better. I like Ailynn. I have not felt this way before and it is confusing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 1, day 26

My life has changed so suddenly. I met some people and read a book, and in a week's time everything feels turned on its head. I've read and re-read the brown book Adorietha lent to me. It sounds so logical, so plausible, I cannot argue with it. Yet I resist it. It causes thoughts I have not had before and remember things I thought were lost -- things I wanted to stay lost. Now I feel confused -- and hopeful and sad all at the same time.

I have spent much time with Ailynn recently, too. She cooked dinner for me one night, a delicious Jungle Stew. The next night, I cooked my favorite turtle bisque for her. Both nights we shared a bed, and spent hours talking. Ailynn has had a tough life, from what I have learned. There is so much pressure on her from her people as the last of her clan. But she does not want to do what she is expected to do, and it makes her very unhappy.

I feel things around Ailynn I have not felt before. She is so important to me right now. I am not sure what these feelings are. I feel terrible that I cannot identify them, especially when I talk with her about friendship and how we feel about each other. I do not want to hurt her but I am so confused myself, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:54 pm 
Character

Midweek I took the tram to Stormwind with Ailynn. There we met Adorietha, Khada and Shandieb. They were planning a trip to Exodar and asked if I would join them. I dislike Exodar and have not traveled back to it except when required. But they are Friends of Sam, and they now include me as a friend of Sam. Ailynn is really the only friend I have in the world, and I would like to have more friends. So I chose to go with them. I returned the brown book to Adorietha.

The trip was uneventful, and I was surprised at how well I remembered the area when we debarked from the ship at Valaar's Berth. The group hope to look for other friends, including draenei named Duun and Uusha, another whose name I forget, and one more named Aanela. They were impressed by the glass floors and the colored stones, as well as the images in the museum. We found Aanela there.

I inquired with several of the guard after Duun and Uusha; they recommended we visit the guildmaster which we did. He had no word of them either, so we decided to go to the inn. I again surprised myself at actually being able to lead them without getting lost myself. In the main plaza, I asked if they wanted to see the resident naaru, O'ros. They did and so we went down for a visit. Unlike last time I was here, O'ros would not greet me. Again, the group of visitors seemed impressed and amazed. I perhaps do not hate Exodar so much as I did before, but still find nothing to attract me to it. For example, at the inn, there were no tables we could share.

We never did find any information about the whereabouts of Duun and Uusha. Perhaps they have not been to Exodar recently.

I traveled alone back to Stormwind and headed to the Blue Recluse for some refreshment. There I found a couple of people I had met once before, Lydiane and Rostlen. They introduced me to their comrades Janyce, Shadrick and Ioressa. Shadrick and Lydiane are siblings. Later, Ailynn showed up, and the inn itself grew quite crowded and noisy. At one point, it seemed fight was going to break out between some other patrons, but not much became of it. Lydiane was quite inebriated. The rest seemed fairly reserved this particular evening. I believe most or all of them are also Friends of Sam.

I am still thinking about the brown book and about Ailynn. It's what I do much of the time now, it seems. Ailynn seems to always be present in my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm 
Character

What is happening to me? It has only been 3 days since I last saw Ailynn, but I find myself missing her terribly. I had jobs in Dalaran, Dragonblight and the Sholazar Basin to keep me busy, but all I could think about was her. I've been back to Ironforge a couple of times and looked for her there. How is called this feeling I have? Sometimes I see a light-haired dwarf woman, and I think "it's her!" and then, it's not. Am I crazy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 2, day 8

The past week was very busy for me, and this only added to many other thoughts vying for attention in my head. I find myself sitting around Ironforge just thinking far too often. I think about the brown book, about Ailynn, about the war, about the past. Sometimes I even remember small things which I did not remember before. Sometimes all thoughts are whirled together as if by the wind.

I ran into Sh'andieb and Khada in Astranaar one recent day. We talked for short while and then suddenly, Khada apologized saying something about not being able to stay there and began crying. She shape-shifted and ran off in bear form, leaving Sh'andieb and I to wonder what was wrong. I hope she is all right.

Ailynn introduced me to three more Friends of Sam, recently. They were Wrenzel, Terrick and another whose name I cannot remember, but I think it began with Z.

Ailynn continues to be very kind to me. Is it called "loving"? I stay at her home in Ironforge most nights now. I gave her some small gifts. She seemed to quite happy. I am glad. I would do most anything for her.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 2, day 9 (day fudged to match up the 2 events in Darkshire)

I went with Ailynn to Darkshire to visit her friend Lydiane. Lydiane wanted Ailynn's help with something. We met Lydiane and other friends of Sam in the Darkshire Inn. Lydiane acted strangely and eyed me suspiciously for quite some time while the friends said hello and chatted with one another. I wondered what I had done wrong. Eventually Ailynn vouched for me to Lydiane, and I was allowed to join the rest of the friends upstairs in a private room.

It seems Lydiane had difficulties the last time she summoned her succubus minion, and perhaps even has scars to mark the occasion. Lydiane is a very different person from most, and certainly very different from the few warlocks I've known (Lydiane is a warlock). My experience with warlocks has been that they are either brash, bold and almost crazy-fearless, or they're conservative but easy going. Lydiane is none of these.

All those present, including me, let Lydiane know that we would help and support her any way we could. Although I've seen lots of warlock minions summoned in my travels, I have not learned much about how they do it. I am curious to learn more about it as Lydiane practices. She seems to have a lot of fear, although I told her a succubus is a lot more bravado than power. In my own experience, they seem very fearsome at first, but turn out to be quite easily subdued or destroyed.

Tonight was not to be the night for Lydiane, though. She felt ill and we eventually left her to sleep and recover in a room at the Darkshire Inn. She's a curious human, but I find myself liking her company.

Last edited by Ishovan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 2, day 10

I traveled again today to Darkshire with Ailynn to meet and help Lydiane. Last night, Lydiane fell ill, but today has recovered well with a good night's rest. She seemed ready to try to summon her succubus again, although still fearful. Her friends Ailynn, Rille, Janyce and Ioressa were there to help her, as was I.

After some hesitation, Lydiane proceeded with the summoing. The demon's name is Bry, says Lydiane. Bry seemed to play some mental tricks on Lydiane, and said things to her in a strange tongue. Lydiane seemed distant and vague for a while and the demon places its hand possessively on her shoulder. Lydiane only asked it not to do that, in a very non-assertive way. Janyce gave the demon a good punch when it refused to remove its hand from Lydiane's shoulder. Then Lydiane snapped into command, and demonstrated her willpower and control over the succubus. She gave Bry a couple of shadowbolts for her trouble and then sent it back to the Nether.

I noticed Ioressa coughing often and hard, and she didn't look well. But she denied she is anything but feeling wonderful when directly asked by her friend Shadrick. I wonder what the truth is.

Last edited by Ishovan on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 30, month 2, day 24

I am worried about Ioressa. I have run into her and other friends of Sam over the past couple couple of weeks. The first time, Ioressa was asleep with her head on a table at the Blue Recluse. I thought maybe she had too much to drink, except I'm told she does not drink. Then I found some herbs for her that she asked about. She did not say specifically what they were for, but I suspect maybe for some curative she is trying to make or have made.

Most recently, she admitted she was sick to a group of us drinking at the Pig and Whistle in Stormwind. She had large book describing all kinds of illnesses and there was speculation as to if what she had was some kind of jungle fever from Stranglethorn. She is coughing so much she cannot sleep, and the lack of sleep is really the worst of it. I tried calling the elements to provide a cure for toxins, and though they answered my call, it seemed to do no immediate good.

The friends are all quite concerned about her.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 pm 
Character

[Mishell is calling it year 29, so it is. Pretend all my previous entries are adjusted by 1 year appropriately until I can go edit them all.]

Azeroth year 29, month 3, day 17

Today was very eventful. I completed another step in my shaman training, improving my skills with a number of spells I already know and learning a new one as well. I decided to celebrate, and as I was in Stormwind, walked to the Pig and Whistle Tavern for a drink.

There I met many Friends of Sam. Shadrick was there, as well as Janyce, Rille and Ioressa. Lydiane and Ailynn soon showed up as well. Ioressa looked even worse than before; I was surprised her friends had let her out of her room.

Lydiane told us she had heard from the Stormwind Guard that there was serious trouble in the Stockade. The Guard was looking for help, and it seems we were the right people to give that help.

So we all went over to the Stockade after some refreshment and learned about the situation. They had a riot on their hands, and there were several instigating culprits the Guard wanted dead.

Having recently defeated the leader of the Defias Brotherhood Edwin Van Cleef, the Friends of Sam continued the pressure on the Defias by crushing the rioters who had broken from their prison cells and taken over control of the Stormwind Stockade. For me, it was a long and stressful effort to search through the entire Stockade but order was restored and the riot leaders taken to task for their actions.

When we came out, conversation with Ioressa finally shed some light on her maladies. It seems she took a book on Shadow magic from the temple without permission, and it seems quite likely it had a magical curse on it which was the cause of her problems. I am hopeful the return of the book will cure her ailments.

Ailynn really dislikes Lydiane's demon minion. Not that demons are likable, but I mostly tend to ignore it. Ailynn continues to be very protective of me. Most of the time, I appreciate the attention.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 pm 
Character

Azeroth year 29, month 3, day 23

Today I trained further with Farseer Umbrua. She says I am now ready to learn the secrets of air, the last of the elements. Unfortunately to learn this I must return across great distance to Exodar and speak again with Farseer Nobundo. I will do this for I wish to learn, but I do not like Exodar.

Umbrua has also told me I can now learn to keep all four elements in balance, and that I may obtain a single relic to set totems for all four elements, instead of using four relics. She has directed me to visit Farseer Eannu in Ironforge for this instruction.

I wonder if Ailynn or another Friend of Sam would be willing to accompany me to Exodar? Tasks Nobundo gives to me to learn air elemental control may be difficult and I would appreciate help.