Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:21 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 am 
Performer

The call went out, and I took up my sword.

The call went out, let every able-bodied gnome report to the High Tinker, for the time has come to take back our city. And so I opened the small chest I keep next to my bed, and unwrapped my old sword, the dark gleaming gray sword forged for me by a dwarven smith, the sword my father hated, from its dusty linen wrappings.

I took up my sword, and took down my shield from the place it has hung on the wall these years like some sad piece of artwork, and I made my way to Tinkertown.

I waded through the crowds of adventurers and good citizens, all buoyant with the promise that soon Gnomeregan will be ours once again.

I waded through the crowd, and past them, and past the High Tinker, and for the first time in my life, I took the narrow walkway to the Deeprun Tram, and sat down to wait for my train to Stormwind.

Because I am never going back there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 pm 
Performer

Stormwind suited me well.

Better than this boat, at least.

Although at least the boat is made of wood, like the wooden and windowed houses of Stormwind.

Nothing like the stone and metal tombs preferred by my people, and the dwarves who have so kindly been hosting us. I woke to sun on my face this morning. Sun! They build their houses in stories above ground, with the bedrooms on the topmost floors, and such wide windows.

Is it unnatural for a gnome to love the sun?

I don't care, I've always been unnatural.

As it is, the walls of this tiny room on this great boat grow close around me, as I shiver down here with my book. How many days til Auberdine?

How many days does it take to cross the whole world?

At Auberdine, they say, there will be another boat, just a short trip, to cross to the island of the Exodar.

Stormwind suited me, you see, but it wasn't far enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm 
Performer

I could live a life here, I think.

I could live here among the elves, with their long lives and their houses open to the air, and I could forget forever metal.

But the boat comes tonight, the small elvish ferry to take me to the Exodar.

I must cross the world, it seems. I must go just that one step further.