Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:15 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:57 pm 
Performer

Oh Brae, I fear the whole world is mad! As I write to you, I am sitting in a dusty room in the inn at Southshore, and I’ve just spoke to an old paladin – I suppose this is the beginning of a long story.

I was across the sea (across the sea!) in the land of Kalimdor, searching for a recipe –never mind why I was there. I was in a place called Desolace, which well fits its name I will tell you, in case you have not already seen it yourself. As I rested at the inn, a man called Anton approached me, and began to speak of the Scourge. He told me of a valley infested with walking skeletons, and bade me to slay them, if I had the skill and the courage.

It has been a long time since we spoke, Brae, so this may surprise you, but I did indeed have both those things.

When I returned to him he spoke of a grand crusade, the Scarlet Crusade, devoted to what he called the “righteous slaughter” of the Scourge. He told me to speak to a man known as Raleigh the Devout, here in Southshore, and as had I business in Southshore anyhow, that is just what I did when I returned across the sea.

So I went to speak to this man, all full of the promise that perhaps I could finally do something to really help.

And do you know what he told me?

He told me that the Scarlet Crusade had slipped into madness, that they now murder innocents in the name of the Light. He told me that if I truly wanted to help the Alliance, I would gather a group of allies, I would seek them out at their monastery in the north and I would destroy them.

It is like this everywhere now, Brae. Every light of hope leads only to another tale of death and misery. I pray this letter be the one to reach you, finally, because though I know it’s been many a year since you once protected me from ice claw bears, I do truly need you now. The third war is over Braeghar, it is years past now. It’s time for you and Da to come home, don’t you think?

With love,
Your sister,
Brennae