Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:17 pm 
Performer

Entry #346

The bloody fools! Thinking that I am responsible for the Reid girl's disappearance. They never stopped to consider that, possibly, she simply wondered off with the sheriff's son she was seeing. Maybe they have had enough of this accursed isolationism behind Graymane's "Wall" and sailed off on one of the ships.

Ha. More than likely they were eaten by wolves. The howling has been more intense, of late. I do wonder about that.

No matter, I have other things to work on.

I have plans to make.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:12 am 
Performer

Entry #347

The howling has been getting more frequent and I wonder if there is something more going on than simple "wolves" in the forest. They are not approaching the house but my dogs have disappeared and I fear they have been eaten.

Very odd indeed.

Something else: I have received a "request" from the mayor to visit the city in regards to my former toy store. Once again, very peculiar.

I suppose I should go and see what they want to discuss. I shall make my way to the city tomorrow.

We shall see. Maybe I can find a way out of Gilneas and into the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm 
Performer

Entry #347

The nerve of that bloody man! Telling me that I cannot leave the city just now due to "instabilities" in the region. This is ridiculous.

Oh yes, they invite me to discuss my former store. They even inquire into my current toy making endeavors. Then, tell me that I would not be opening any stores while in the city and that I could find respite at the local inn.

Respite! I do not want respite! I want out of this bloody city, out of this bleeding country!

I see people I once knew. They turn away when I glance their way. My name is still shunned, yet I cannot return home.

I wonder what is really going on? Does the howling have anything to do with it? I heard that even more people have gone missing and this time, the authorities do not turn to me for cause.

There is something out there, beyond the walls, in the veiled forests of Gilneas that scares the King and his lackeys. Could it be that the vaunted Greymane Wall has become our bane? Something meant to keep others out is now keeping us in?

To what means, I wonder?

To what end...

I must think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:26 pm 
Performer

Entry #348

It has now been two weeks of enjoying the Mayor's kind request of respite and now, I am glad I have done so. The gates are sealed. Only a few are allowed in and none allowed out... or so I am being told.

Shadows lurk outside the gate and the howling is louder than ever. People are scared, running to and fro like mice from a cat...

or rats from a sinking ship.

I have seen dark shadows on the roof tops, jumping from one to another, prowling like beasts on the hunt. There is a sense of impending doom covering the city, a fog of fear, thicker than any vaporous haze caused by humidity.

Armed men guard the gates, supplies are running short; tempers flaring. People who once shunned me now talk as if nothing had ever happened, only the fear of the now; what is to come.

I have heard of a group of citizens being organized to assist in the city's defense. Organized by a forester from one of the larger estates, as well as some of the farm folk that came in shortly after I did.

That makes sense. They aren't as concerned about appearances and look toward doing what needs done.

Defense against what, most have no idea. I do, yet will keep that information to myself. My studies have revealed our enemy and if what I have learned is true, we will be pressed hard.

I plan to venture out tonight and meet with this Forester, see if he is worth my efforts. Maybe we can make our way from the city before the claw falls.

Yet, I feel the fear myself. It is as if we are inside a cage, scrambling around while the cat watches from the shadows... biding it's time before pouncing.

I shall steel myself and prepare for the worst.

Last edited by ArtofMagic on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 am 
Performer

The handwriting has drastically changed. Previous entries are written in elegant, artistic script yet now... Now, it is rough, almost scrawl, as if a child found the journal and decided to write what he was told

Entry #1

This bloody journal has started over and I loathe to read previous entries. It was elegantly written and it angers me to consider my place in this day's world.

All has changed. ALL.

I am Worgen. I am cursed with that vile, beastly curse of Worgen and been changed into a beast. I am told I ran feral, like one of the wolves prowling the wood, yet worse. I killed friends, ate neighbors. So I am told by that bloody Lord Godfrey. He wanted us killed, put down like animals.

There are many of us. All who stood together within the Cathedral have been cursed by Worgen.

Something else has happened. The land that once belonged to a farmer named Yeardleigh has been swallowed by the sea.

A massive earthquake hit while we were in farmer's cellar. It saved our loves yet took many others, including most of the attacking Forsaken forces. The farmer was sulking the loss of his land and constantly bemoaned the fact.

Bah! As if he were the only one who had lost something. Fool.

We have begun an evacuation of Duskhaven. The water is rising and the ground remains unstable. We have taken up residence in the inn and waiting until dawn to evacuate the remaining citizens.

I do not like the way so-called Lord Godfrey looks down upon me. I shall think about how to deal with him.

Maybe a mechanical toy...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:23 pm 
Performer

Entry #2

Alas, Gilneas! Duskhaven is gone, swallowed by the rising sea and bringing with it upon the tide a fleet of "Forsaken" ships. We saw them before, during their initial assault, and had hoped that they had been utterly destroyed with the earthquake. It appears that we were mistaken.

Our mission has been a success. We have managed to get the townspeople to safety, even a 'hideously delightful' old woman and her bloody cat. Let us not forget the cat. Her laundry and a rather racy romance novel were required before her departure could be secured. At least the novel was worth saving.

Yes, we did assist the Hayward Brothers at their fishery. By all appearances, it was a focal point of the Forsaken assault and the brothers needed our help. Another delightful experience, to be sure. Gathering wood and nails, slaying the occasional forsaken invader. Intriguing to put it bluntly.

My most fond memory was of the orchard. True, there was a giant ettin wondering the grounds, causing all sort of mayhem, but I must say, the apples were surprisingly sweet and crisp. The location provided me with the most useful of experiments: I succeeded in freezing the marauding giant creature in place with one of my spells. Much to goodman Gavain's dismay, I might add.

Now, here I sit amongst members of our small group of refugees in a crumbling, spider infested village called Stormglen - having beaten a hasty retreat from said 'Forsaken" through the mountain passes to the comfort of this most hospitable inn.

No fire, skittering of spider feet outside the door. I wonder if our retreat was for the best?

Oh yes, lest I forget. I have learned something new. My summoning of a water elemental has been the talk of our distinguished gathering. For some odd reason, it has taken a liking to the 'emotional' farmer known as Yeardleagh and unless I demand it stay with me, the bubbling creature will seek the farmer out.

Most peculiar. And, since this is the very man who threatened to end my life during the night, I am most delighted. Perhaps, it will choose to sit on him one night and drown the man in his sleep.

Wouldn't that be a tantalizing twist of irony?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 pm 
Performer

Entry #3

Eureka! I have awoken from a wonderful dream and remembered a schematic that has long remained hidden from my memory. Ever since being cursed by Worgen, my memory of past events and skill has been practically useless. However, in the middle of the night, I had a dream - A dream in which I built a mechanical squirrel, attached several small copper bombs to it and blew the 'emotional' farmer to tiny, bloody bits.

It was a delightfully sinister dream and one I would not necessarily act on, yet I did remember EXACTLY how to build the squirrel. The materials are rather easy to gather, yet when I ventured out into the darkness, there is not a forge and anvil to be found in this spider-plagued village.

So, I sit by the hearth, write my notations, think and await the dawn.

Lest I forget again, the plans are detailed below:

A series of detailed, if not crudely drawn, sketches detail the exact method and materials needed to create a mechanical squirrel, including various ways to attach explosive devices

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 am 
Performer

Entry #4

Once again, a new day has dawned and things have changed for the better. Last night, I remembered one of my toy schematics. Today...

Well, today was a good day. Mr. Gavain and our band of 'Hounds' as he has labeled the group, sought out the brood mother of the spider infestation. We made short work of her. Yet, all it seemed to do was make the creatures angry and they swarmed the farmer and I as we made our way back to town.

He did fight well but my opinion has not changed. I do not want him dead, though; not now. I think I have a better use for him. He is as intelligent as a tree stump, but that is useful. However, all in good time, all in good time.

We met some interesting people. A Night Elf. Kal'dorei, I believe they call themselves. I remember the name from books, yet had never met one. Funny thing about memory. Some things I do recall, while other places are holes yet to be filled. Time shall do that and I rest assured.

We gathered at a large tree where we discovered the missing residents of Stormglen. They were living in the hollow of the giant tree, inside it, actually. The Elf named it something, but I paid it no heed. Nothing that interests me.

What did interest me, however, was a weapon named the Scythe of Elune. A relic, really, and held by the Forsaken forces, which, quite casually, we dispatched and liberated the item. It seems that this relic is responsible for creation of the Worgen race and the Kal'dorei feel quite bad about it. They also claim possession of this weapon.

What I would give to get my hands upon that little toy...

The Elves blessed us, had us drink from three water-filled wells with the expectation that the Worgen curse would be lifted. I had my doubts, but followed through as requested. Only after I witnessed the results.

The curse was lifted. Partially. It seems that so long as one concentrates, one can revert back to their original Gilnean form. Incredible, I must say, but not wholly unexpected. Some, however, took the change very hard. Amthelia, in fact. The Huntress with the nice mastiff.

She ran from the tree and I pursued, to insure her safety and discover what had irked her so. It quickly became apparent that she did not want to change, did not want to go back to her former life and wanted to run 'with the pack', as she put it. This grabbed my attention.

I consoled her, of course. She is a lady, and for a Worgen, an attractive one at that. Very intelligent and deadly with her bow. Especially after mounting one of my scopes upon it. She appears to... I digress.

We talked and I think, I do think I may have found someone quite useful.

My work beckons, I sense the need to escape this land... I feel my freedom from Gilneas lies just out of sight, yet well within reach. The world awaits and I seek to pluck it from the tree like a crisp, red apple: ripe, luscious and ready to eat.

Being able to control two forms was an unseen and fortuitous turn of events. I can manipulate from one image and work from the other. Two identities, one mastermind. Brilliance.

I have decided that the farmer, who goes by Yeardleagh, will become my friend. He is too thick to recognize what is occurring. He will be under my sway before he knows it. Amthelia on the other hand, she will take some finesse. Outside the Forester, she is the one I feel most comfortable around.

But, I will need more than one or two. It is time I start becoming better acquainted with the other 'hounds'. I do not want them to think bad of me and who knows how I may be able to make use of them?

Amthelia, though... She may do. Yes. She just. might. do.

But like I wrote above, all in good time.

First, Gilneas and THEN Azeroth.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 am 
Performer

Entry #5

We have now lingered in Stormglen longer than I would have imagined and I know the reason: several of Gavain's 'Hounds' are disturbed by the delightful turn of events which has provided us with our previous Human form and our powerful Worgen form.

I even heard mention of one member of our party wanting to return to tea parties. How absurd! Yet... some of the best information available comes from the mouths of Ladies over a pot of tea. Maybe through helping her get back to her tea parties... Yes. That just might do.

The brooding warrior known as Samiael simply wants to return to his life of chopping wood and providing for his family.

I wonder...

I will need to learn his definition of 'providing'. I remember one of my most valued contacts only wanted to provide for his lady as well. Amazing what a little coin and excitement can do to one's values.

The daft farmer is becoming my friend. Much to my delight and his stupidity. Although, he does have a sound mechanical mind and astounded me with his understanding of how the squirrel I gave him was powered. That is surprising yet valuable. I can see many uses for him.

Amthelia. Amthelia seeks power and I will help her get it. If done the right way, she could and will make a powerful friend.

The fire wizard Tamsy is another one I must now pay attention to. She is highly intelligent and I am disappointed with myself for failing to pay more heed to her. Her questions are pointed and probing, seeming to go straight to the heart of where my mind is. Almost to the point that I wonder if she has managed to read this journal...

Well, I have now taken precautions and should someone decide my book is worth reading, they will receive a rather nasty surprise. A gift from the Goblins, might even lose a finger too! Oh I like that thought.

She is close to Gavain, yet I have failed to determine their relationship. He mentioned she had one of my squirrels as a child, so is he her father? uncle? brother? husband? I am uncertain and that is a problem that will be remedied. I will pay more attention to her.

I have begun composing letters to my contacts abroad. I have remembered a few of their names, specifically a Goblin named Figet. He was my main weapons supplier, as well as being highly skilled in obtaining exotic merchandise for my more discriminating customers. I'll never forget the stuffed Orc head one of the Lords in Gilneas wanted for his wall. Even claimed he killed it himself. The pompous bastard.

Yea, Figet will be the first.

Amthelia mentioned going to Stormwind when we escape our cage known as Gilneas. I do have some contacts there as well and when we escape, it would be a great opportunity to establish a base of operations in a bustling city.

That is enough for tonight. I will consider my next moves more carefully. These 'Hounds' are smarter than they appear and need a delicate touch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:26 pm 
Performer

Entry #6

Freedom at last!

I do not know where to begin. Except to say, I have escaped the clutches of Gilneas and have set sail toward the Elven homeland with the rest of Gavain's 'Hounds'. All of these years I have dreamed of such a moment, the day I could break free from Graymane's Wall and venture into the world known as Azeroth.

The stories I have heard, the oddities I have seen from these distant shores; far away lands make my heart beat with excitement and exhilaration. Soon, so very soon I shall set foot on soil I have never touched before, land that I have never seen. Gilneas was once mine, now Azeroth will be as well.

The farmer is once again sulking the loss of his 'home'. Others appear very upset at our departure. But what has it given us? A curse, a King who felt it best to lock us behind a wall while the world advanced beyond us.

Amthelia has expressed interest in exploring, seeking strength and power. I shall show her what that is like. I remember the names of my contacts and once we land, I will send letters to them to come. Many I have never met, only though the Baron did I know them.

Oh to be back in business again! I bet the underworld of Stormwind is teeming with opportunity. I can hardly wait.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 pm 
Performer

Entry #7

It has been a long while since I was inspired to write yet now, I feel the need and the desire.

We have found ourselves based in a forested land they call Darkshore within an Elven village of which I do not and care not to know the name. Lor'derai or something similar. It is unimportant.

What has led me to this excitement is the long, drawn out discussion I had with the Framer, Yearleigh. we talked at length at the water's edge, watching the ocean rush into the landscape toward the great maelstrom that has formed inland.

The man is daft as a stump yet, at times, shows surprising insight. In fact, one could say minor moments of brilliance. Completely unknown to him, however. He has a remarkable ability to get people to talk, even though he fails to realize the significance of the ability... I however, do.

Therefore, I began talking to him, asking him questions and more importantly, answering his. In a leading manner, taking him right where I wanted him to go.

He found out that I supplied Lord Crowley with the armaments for the rebellion but I did it in such as way to seem noble. I told him about the plight of the farmers left behind in the Silverpine and he felt their loss. He began to understand that Genn was behind it all and was utterly horrified to learn that my father had been killed by his word.

Well, killed by Godfrey's men working for the King, but all the same. No need to let that little nugget of truth cloud his mind.

The man has a sharp eye that does not match his mind. He noticed my eyes, telling me they twitched when I talked. I will work on this in front of a mirror and see if i can keep it under control.

So, by the end of the day, I had the farmer ready to head off to Stormwind and confront Genn on my behalf, demand answers for my father's death. He has even agreed to secrecy.

How delightful!

So, to begin the little tasks that will eventually set him up as an operative and trusting me completely. Much like the Baron did for me so many long years ago...

I do wish we would leave this forest and make our way to Stormwind. I wonder if I can get one of my contacts into Darnassus? That would be a perfect spot to introduce the Farmer to a better life.

Maybe even Amthelia, who seemed very distraught last I saw her. I wonder what is going on with her? Gavain seemed to know more...

hmmm. More questions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm 
Performer

Entry #8

Stormwind at Last!

After much debate over what to do, it was decided we take a trip to Stormwind City to search for the farmer's long lost parents. Since it aligned with my wishes, I was more then enthusiastic about going.

The trip was non-eventful and due to the proximity of the maelstrom, we were able to make the journey in one day. It is amazing how fast those rakers can sail.

Stormwind is everything I imagined and more! Full of people from all locales, races I have never seen before. Intriguing and exciting. Yeardleigh found us directions to the Visitors Center and there, he was instructed to visit the cathedral. Unfortunately, the cathedral was not the destination we needed and maybe the curator of the Visitors Center thought to play a cruel joke on the 'Hounds'.

Because, the only thing we found were priests seeking to convert us to religion.

However, two ladies pointed our dear farmer in the right direction and off we went to the Keep. There, I discovered our 'beloved' former king, Genn, was serving as a lackey for King Varian of Stormwind. Amusing and frightening. I was quite happy when Yeardleigh failed to remember to inquire of Genn whether he had killed my father.

Most important, through my contacts, I have secured residence in the Dwarven District and will base all of my future operations from there. Before we left, one of my associates made a visit to Yeardleigh and delivered an item, going so far as to pay the farmer for his services. Next, I will have the Farmer make a delivery for me.

One step at a time...

My residence will be in the building housing the miners guild. I find it fitting and useful to base there, as I do enjoy mining and it will give me a cover to be in there on several occasions. Now, if I can just convince Gavain to send us to Stormwind...

All in good time. ALL in good time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 pm 
Performer

Entry #9

An associate showed me to my new base of operations and it is perfect. Located in a distant corner of Stormwind, in a back corner of the smokey district, lies my new residence. Only one Dwarf works from there and already, I have taken him into my confidence. He seems to know one of the Baron's employees and has done significant trade with the Heedless and Baron Longshore. I feel at home.

Not to mention he trains others in the art of mining. The ore industry is a very lucrative one and if I can somehow become a 'lynch pin' of sorts in this area, I can do quite well.

Also, no one yet knows of my Worgen abilities, outside of my friends, which works heavily to my advantage. King Genn only remembers me as Gilnean, so as long as I use my Worgen form in his presence, I can remain anonymous.

Gavain had mentioned Amthelia might be headed this way. I wonder if she is out here? I also wonder if I can take her into my confidence.

Speaking of Gavain. Very good man. But I wonder where he would stand if he knew my background? No one other than Lord Crowley knows of my former endeavors. Well, I do believe the farmer knows I supplied the weapons for Crowley, but he has no idea of what sort of organization I ran in Gilneas.

Still, I will find a way to feel Mr. Gavain out. I suspect he knows I may lean toward profiteering, yet to what degree, he does not. For some reason, he felt I would be intrigued with the prostitutes in that town of Goldshire. Funny, he knows I want to see it, but it is certainly not for that reason.

Seedy towns yield good associates. Gold speaks louder than values.

Therefore, I will remain in Stormwind and begin establishing my contacts. Soon, I will be twirling the underground of Stormwind much like I did in Gilneas.

Ah, the joys of life and freedom...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:22 am 
Performer

Entry #10

I have taken possession of my new front in the Dwarven District and business is beginning to find it's way to my door. Gelmon Stonehand is a valuable asset and I have decided to give him a portion of my business in return for references.

What he fails to realize is that before long, I will be taking cuts from his business. All in good time, however. All in good time.

Brooke Stonebraid, his assistant and the person who deals with all of Stonehand's trade materials is the true force behind his business. She has begun feeling more like a servant and when I suggested a possible 'alliance' with me, she lept at the opportunity. Her connections within Stormwind are tremendous and with a little gold sent her way, I will have another set of eyes and ears within the city.

Gelmon may be a master in mining and geology but his entire business is built on the back of Brooke. I will own him before long by making Brooke an associate of Moryarti's Mining Ventures, Ltd.

Ah! To be back in a world I love.

One interesting item of note. Stonebraid mentioned an empty house at the end of a lane lovingly called, "Cut Throat Alley". It was recently swept clean of vagrants and other seedy sort by the city guard and now lies vacant. The alley is accessed through a failed ale vendors shop that has since fallen into disrepair.

I went to see the condition for myself and to inquire into the purchase of such a property when I do believe I caught a scent of Amthelia. It was her, no doubt about it, but what was odd is that it had a hint of perfume attached to it. Maybe she has decided to explore her former form and wander the streets as a Human?

Interesting turn of events for sure.

More importantly, the house was perfect, the price is negotiable and I am sure one of my associates can obtain it for a 'very' good price. I will also purchase the Ale House to control access to my 'secret' abode. I think the seller may be swayed to give over at a decent price.

I am so glad Baron Longshore suggested a large portion of my funds be kept offshore and in Stormwind. He might be a pirate and a brigand, but he has an astute mind as well and has always been a supporter of my endeavors. I hope he fared well during the upheaval that wiped out most of Gilneas. All attempts at contacting him have come up empty.

I will think on it.

Until then, I have a business to run, an empire to build. Azeroth Awaits!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 am 
Performer

Entry #11

Today turned into quite a fortuitous one, I must say. In the evening while inquiring into shipping schedules for the various ores that come and go through the port of Stormwind, Mr. Gavain appeared with a wave while I was discussing business with an over-worked longshoreman.

We exchanged pleasantries and I quickly learned that Mr. Gavain has a sharper eye than I gave him credit for. Or, and this is disturbing, I failed to realize how sharp his eye was because of his 'mother hen' persona with his 'Hounds". I should have caught that. Time has dulled my senses.

He knows I have been up to something besides helping the Elves on Darkshore and enjoying my new found freedom.

Still, opportunity often appears in disguise and this was no different. Therefore, I told him a small bit of my legal plans for Moryarti's Mining Ventures and took him to my new base of operations. During our walk, I learned he had been a major player in the lumber market while working for the Pryce family as their chief Forester. In fact, he had managed to do quite well for himself.

After the visit to my mining company's office above Gelmon Stonehand's operation, I took Mr. Gavain to my new home at the end of Cut Throat Alley. There, we discussed our futures over a bottle of fine port and learned a little more about one another.

I must say I am delighted at these turn of events. I explained in greater depth of my desire to control the ore trade in Stormwind as well as held out on opportunity to Gavain to inquire into manipulating the lumber operations, in particular the mill in the wilds of Elwynn Forest. I also gave him a contact name at the docks to look into where the lumber is being shipped from outside the continent.

I do believe I may have found another associate! With the eyes and ears of Yeardleigh and the drive of Amthelia, we could quite easily turn into 'the' major syndicate within Stormwind.

Exciting times!