Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm 
Performer

Written in a nearly illegible scrawl in a poorly bound, water-stained book...

Every night, I dream of running. In my days I cannot move right. I walk upright on legs not sure if they were meant to. It hurts my tongue to speak. It feels right and wild to howl. As I write this, I dream of fingers to hold this pen properly. Every night, I dream of paws. Four of them, and I run so fast they barely touch the ground. Wind and rain ripple off my fur, and I am the wind. I run in the night, and the dark does not matter, because I hear everything, and I smell everything. I run, and I am untroubled by thoughts, words. I know something greater than words, because I do not know, when I run. I am. I am fast as the wind, silent as the dark, and my prey is drawing ever closer. I smell blood and fear in the rain-drenched air.

It is glorious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 am 
Performer

Another night and still no dreams.

What have those strange elves done to me?

What am I, now?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:42 pm 
Performer

[This takes place in Darnassus, before last week's meeting]

The writing is different, still rough but more like handwriting and less like a scrawl. The book has taken on a distinct smell of sea salt...

Moryarti did not return from the Draenei city last night. I am sure he found many things to study there, but I hope all is well with him.

I had the dream one last time, the night after the battle for Gilneas City. Something did change when I drank that water. Every night without the dream I feel less like a wolf and more like a woman. It used to make me fearful, angry, but something in this city calms me. Half city and half forest - it is like what I am now.

I don't even want to eat the squirrels and rabbits that scurry around in the patches of grass and trees.

Much.

I suppose I'll go find the forester now. In my dream, he was always at the head of the pack, leading us. In waking, it seems I expect him to do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm 
Performer

I am so dizzy, I can barely write. The floor seems to move beneath me...and it does.

I had hoped to not be back on a ship again so soon.

I had not planned to see Stormwind so soon, nor to see it alone.

I thought Alcaeus would love the tree city, as I did. Trees for him to run beneath, rabbits and squirrels for him to chase-and the elven hunters I left him with did take good care of him. Three years was not so much time for me! I am twenty-four years old, I only just realized that, but it feels no different than twenty-one. Alcaeus has grown old in what for me was an eyeblink, and these adventures, this new world are too much for him.

I cannot take him home, to Gilneas, but I hope Stormwind will be familiar enough to comfort him. I promised him that when we left, that I would find a nice place for him, someplace with a fireplace that he could sleep in front of.

I'm afraid I was too excited by Darnassus, by Kalimdor, by this whole strange new world. I'm afraid I waited too long to make good my promise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:26 pm 
Performer

When I came aboard the ship to Stormwind, I was a wolf. When I left it, I was a woman. It feels so strange, as though my bones do not fit properly inside my skin. I am cold without my fur. I think my senses are still greater than an ordinary human's would be, but I cannot smell as well as I used to, nor run, leap. I wlk through the streets of this human city as human, oh so slowly, quietly, without snapping or howling. It is murderously dull.

I do not know why I lied to the others, told them I could not change. I did not plan it. It simply fell out of my mouth. Moryarti is the only one who knows, and I imagine he'll keep my secret. He's kept it this long, so I imagine he must have worked out some way it is advantageous to him.

I am starting to suspect that he does nothing unless it is of some advantage to him. I do not resent him for it - I admire him.

Wizards and lies aside, I've found an Inn here that will allow Alcaeus to stay with me rather than out in the stables. We'll stay there tonight, and tomorrow I will find him a fireplace.

Last edited by dreamingofatree on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:30 pm 
Performer

[Written in large, hasty script]

They followed me! Or at least - why else would they be here? What are they doing in Stormwind? I ducked around a corner, I don't think they saw me - that fool dog of mine wanted to run and greet Moryarti like some long lost friend. I did see Gavain raise his head and sniff the air, though.

I wonder - would they even know me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:36 pm 
Performer

This morning I found a place for Alcaeus to stay. I met a man named Wollerton, who has a small farm on the hill above Stormwind. He lives alone there, and said he could do for a companion. He grows pumpkins and keeps a few cows for milk; they are well cared for, and I trust he'll take good care of Al. Farmer Wollerton's house is a simple cottage, but it has that roaring fireplace I've been promising Al.

It is very peaceful there, shaded by trees and close to a beautiful pond. I hope Alcaeus can rest, as he never could in Darnassus. He paced constantly, the elves told me, whined and howled. What was a great adventure to me was too much for him.

He looked calm when I left him, busy trying to make friends with one of the cows, the big stupid brute-

I owe my life to that dog. My memory of that day when the worgen attacked Gilneas City is scattered and confused, but I remember him protecting me as I tried to fight back with a rifle I couldn't aim and an axe I couldn't lift much less swing. I remember him leaping at the beasts twice his size and sinking his teeth into their throats. He was so strong then, beautiful, brave and loyal. And I left him...I went running in the woods and I left him to spend the best years of his short little life in a kennel, and when I came back, he never once reproached me.

I'm leaving him again. I hate to admit it to myself. I tell him I'll be back to visit him, and perhaps I will, but- there is so much white fur around his muzzle now. I wonder if he has enough time, for me to go back and run and adventure, and then come back to him.

He would die though, if I took him with me. He is an old dog and some monster would get the better of him.

I made the right choice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 pm 
Performer

I lift my bow. The stag rears as my dear little brother fox dances between its hooves. I draw the bow and a breath. The fox slips into the undergrowth and the stag pauses, confused. I breathe out, and loose the arrow. It hits cleanly through the eye. I sling my bow across my back, sink to the ground, and bound to the kill on all four paws. By the time I get there, the fox is happily lapping at the small pool of spilled blood. We've taken down seven today. Food for us, food for the market, food my wild sister, the wolf I brought home with me from the Outland. And leather that will make fine armor, sewn with the dragon scales I've been collecting. Dragon scales. I used to tend a shop once, you know. Now I've used this bow to hunt everything. Deer, men, gods.

The biggest difference is really in the type of arrow.