Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:32 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:19 pm 
Producer

My primary guild on Scarlet Crusade, formerly known as the Bastion of Sanity, now The Bastion, changed focus from roleplay to raiding at the end of Mists of Pandaria. For a while, I've been kicking around the idea of a pacer-style roleplay group for the Bastion, and I'm finally getting it off the ground. Following is my introduction post for the group. If anyone who's still poking their head in here is interested in joining, post here, or you can visit the Bastion forums at http://thebastion.guildlaunch.com.

Celebrate Spring with the return of formal roleplay to the Bastion!

On 21 March 2016 I will be starting a venture that will be new to many folks who have joined the Bastion in recent months, but old hat to those who have been around for a while. Our first meeting on that day will be in (monk) Lyrren's garrison, although we may change to Darnassus if anyone plans to come who has not yet been to Draenor.

The Schedule:
From 21 March until the beginning of pre-expansion events, we will be meeting on the 3rd Monday of every month. When pre-expansion activities begin, we will add the 1st Monday of every month, so we will be meeting twice each month. Meetings will begin at 5:30 server time and run as late as everyone wants them to; folks are free to come and go as they are able.

The Plan:
Until Legion drops, we will be largely focusing on getting to know our own characters and others’. We may do some traveling around or dungeon runs or other activities out in the world if folks want to incorporate those things into their storyline. Once the pre-Legion events begin, we will begin to explore new adventures.

Requirements:
NO roleplay experience is necessary. This is a group that will focus as much on letting people learn how to roleplay as on giving those who are more experienced roleplayers the opportunity for regular roleplay activities.
Since the plan is to incorporate Legion into our characters’ stories, your character will need to be level 100 by the time Legion drops or, better, by the time pre-expansion activities begin.
This will not be a power-leveling group by any means. The focus will always be on the characters’ stories and how they interact with their changing world. For that reason, you will probably want to choose a character that you don’t want to have leveled within the first week of the expansion (or even the first few months).
ALL conversation while the group is meeting will be in character. Conversation can be held in Say, in party or raid chat, or in the Sanity in-character channel. All members of the RP group will need to join the Sanity channel.
Although I prefer that all participants be Bastion members (events will be put on the calendar as guild events), household members (i.e., alts) are also welcome. And if you have friends who really want to roleplay but really don’t want to leave their current guilds, we may be able to fit them in too.
Have fun!

My characters