Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:38 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:06 am 
Producer

Pacer level is 36-41!
Next scheduled meet is Monday, 12/28!

This pacer is on a bi-weekly schedule!
New players of Tauren characters are always welcome.

General conversation and planning for this pacer takes place in the "Tauren Lowings and Rumblings" thread.

DP Tauren Race Page

ScC Tauren Pacer Group Roster
A quick list of DP Tauren characters on the Horde side of Scarlet Crusade (ScC)

Blizzard Lore:
These are links to bits of lore specific to the Tauren and part of Blizzard history. They may come from the Blizzard site, the history in the game manuals (Warcraft I thru III, World of Warcraft) or the table top Rule Books. When posting something from Blizzard, please be sure to cite the information.

Blizzard's Tauren Race page; World of Warcraft Web site
Thunder Bluff; World of Warcraft Web site
Kodo Racial Mounts; World of Warcraft Web site
The Origin of the Tauren; World of Warcraft RPG book, also found hanging on banners in the main tent on Elder Rise.
Shamanism and Nature Worship; World of Warcraft RPG book
Tauren Aging; World of Warcraft RPG book

Wikipedia articles:
Although not official by DP standards, the process of Wikipedia creates very useful and self correcting information on the lore. Links to their articles can be very valuable for our members and are therefor included here.

Tauren; Article on the race and history of the Tauren
Locations in the Warcraft World: Mulgore; Article on staring zone of the Tauren
Thunder Bluff; Article on the capital city of the Tauren and the major NPCs living there

DP lore discussions and suggestions:
These are links to bits of ideas and discussions that are not cannon. They can include rambling discourse on herds of real life animals or since the Tauren appear so very much like Native Americans that they "must..." While such discussions add color and depth to an RPed character, be mindful that this isn't Blizzard Cannon. They are our GMs, what they say ultimately supersedes anything we come up with on our own.

Dramatis Personae Tauren Race Page; Good starting point for making a Tauren character
Tauren; an on-going discussion in our RP forum regarding the history and culture of the Tauren.
Tauren Rogues?; a discussion on why there are no Tauren rogues.
Tauren Musings; a discussion on possible herd structures among the Tauren.
Math for Tauren ans Trolls; what base numbering system do these non 5 fingered intelligences use?
Something about Tauren; a silly discussion to get the bad cow puns out of your system before logging on to WoW
Tauren Roleplaying; ideas on fleshing out your Tauren's background
Tauren Communication Without Words; How Tauren bodylanguage might work.

DP character fiction:
These are links to the stories and journals of our Tauren characters across the servers. While some DP members have moved on, these stories and character sketches can still be a good read or inspiration for new Tauren characters. Enjoy!

Than Greyghost: Tales; Character Diamond
Ashnan Ash'uloh: Tales; Lineage; Letters & Journals
Eshe: Letters & Journals; Character Diamond
Mishala: Tales; Letters & Journals; Character Diamond
Ithinto: Tales
Bulam: Tales
Narn: Letters & Journals
Guzerat Proudhorn: Tales; Letters & Journals
Danata Wildheart: Letters & Journals
Amaya: Letters & Journals

Other DP fiction:
The Research of Kodo Eating Habits: This journal describes the research into Kodos. While it is unclear what race is doing this survey, their results may spark ideas on how the Tauren see the great animal of their home land.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

Last edited by Jane Doe on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:33 am, edited 75 times in total.

Post subject: The Shared Path
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:14 pm 
Producer

The Shared Path, our guild as found on Blizz's Armory

The Shared Path was begun at a time when the Scarlet Crusade server was full and Blizz offered free transfers off the server. Concerned that they may start impliment a server split, the guild was formed to prevent DPers from accidentally getting split. Somewhere between being an OOC and IC guild, we generally ignore the tag over our head, but all members are connected through IC storylines.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:16 pm 
Producer

Need help with a background story that will lead you to The Shared Path IC?

I have recently had two inquiries into sharing the family background of Ashnan for new additions to the Tauren Pacer. If the following synopsis of the Clan of Ash'Uloh resonates with you and you would like to establish yourself as a cousin, sister, nephew, etc. to Ashnan, feel free to shoot me a PM using the link at the left. I want to stress that this is not a prerequisite to joining the Tauren Pacer. All Tauren on Scarlet Crusade, in the right level band are welcome to join the fun, regardless of back ground story. But if you are having trouble finding a way to connect to the Pacer...

Ashnan comes from a very matriarchical clan. Grandmother Ash runs the show with an iron hoof that she occasionally wraps in a fur muff. The majority of the women in the caln will remain there for the remainder of thier lives, and all the shaman (including the rare male) are groomed from an early age to be prepaired to eventually take over. At some point in the future Grandmother will be naming her heir, but that has not yet taken place. Ashnan is among the few of her daughters (collectively all the women) who is assumed to be in the running.

However, she is currently on a quest by her Grandmother to learn about the outside world and find a place for the Clan of Ash'Uloh (Daughters/Family of Ash) and is rarely with the tribe itself these days. A side "quest" is to figure out why troubling dreams/visitations are affecting her and to figure out what to do about them.

She is also the "baby sitter" for her direct brother, Lintoko. Generally, as males reach majority it is assumed they will wander away to start thier own clans or join other clan that are already formed. Although they are no longer part of the clan (though always welcomed back to the hearth with love and joy when they visit) per say, Grandmother is very particular about her own reputation and how the males reflect on that. Lintoko, being rather excitable and showing less than the desired seriousness Grandmother expects a member of her family to show, has been placed under Ashnan's watchful eye to help encourage his maturity.

If your concept fits in to this in anyway, or in reading it, you are sparked into a new idea, you are welcome to include yourself among the family. Grandmother, in trying to help Ashnan with all of this might have sent a sober hand to help, or if your cow tends to irresponsibilty, maybe Grandmother has sent her/him for similar grooming to Lintoko's. Just remember, it would make Ashnan the boss of you. As an older, shaman female of the tribe, she would expect, and you would have been raised to give, respect. Because of the limited time in game, I'd really rather not add the tension of absolute rebellion to the mix. But I would absolutely promise not to abuse that position, again not enough time spent IG to make it fun to be a *itch. It is also just not in her character.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Last edited by Jane Doe on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 am 
Producer

Episode guide

August 4
After a leisurely chat around the Guild Totem near the bank with Ashnan, Kaleyah, Danata, Than and Mahlo, Kaleyah left us to handle business in the Barrens and the rest decided to take Kar Stormsinger up on his offer of reduced cost and level for riding training.

Ashnan noticed Donek on the way to Bloodhoof and tried to wave him down for a quick hello from the back of Mistlady. Instead, he mistook them both for a charging kodo and bolted across the bridge to the small village perhaps in an effort to find sanctuary. The confusion over the identity of his pursuer resolved, he joined the herd for a race to Arra'chea's stomping grounds.

As is his tendency, Than was first to have his fill of the company of so many of the people gathered in one place first and left to check on his cousin in Stonetalon. The remaining herd headed to Desolace to help one of the Taurahe. Although Mahlo retired once they arrived in Ghost Walker Post, Ashnan, Danata and Donel forged on, acquiring the demonic hand they were sent to retrieve and returned to Shadowprey Village.

September 15

Danata and Ashnan met in Camp Taurajo at the appointed time. However, as the rest of the herd seemed not to have gotten Ashnan's change of date messages in time, they were not comfortable tackling the Kraul with just the two of them. Instead they opted for a pleasant hunting foray through the Southern Barrens, trimming back the teeming flora and fauna found in those parts. Much leather and herbs were gathered as the two friends wandered the savanna.

Returning to Camp Taurajo they were delighted to find that Donek, though late, was ready for the planned assault on the Kraul. However, just as they were ready to depart, a nervous and very swollen bellied Shapoda arrived. Somehow the silly calf had gotten it into her head the Ashnan would be upset by such wondrous news as an impending birth and been hiding all these long months. Now she is back among this adoptive family we call a herd where she belongs.

Ashnan has come to realize she will need to keep a close eye on her young sister, as the young woman seemed hesitant to do even the most basic of hunting, fearing that a good days work might somehow harm the child. We are Taurahe, not the thin limbed trolls. Strong women grow strong children.

And so the foursome finally ventured into Razor Fen Kraul, ferreting out blue tubers for the goblin in Ratchet. Soon they will return to deal with the more ticklish problems they have taken on for their people and their allies.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 am 
Producer

2009 Episode guide

January 5

Ashnan spent the comfortable evening surrounded by old and new friends. She, Danata and Donek ran into each other around the fishing hole of the Lower Rise in Thunder Bluff, their general conversations attracting the intrest of Rakinen, a druid, and Chogan, a hunter. Chidding lammentations regarding the rising number of druids amongst the Taurahe and feigned fears that the Taurahe might be getting too far from their traditions were heard from Ashnan, but it was clear she was only teasing her friends.

After warm greetings the conversation ranged from how each had weathered the on slaught of Smokeywood Pastures and how they were doing in general. General catching up between old and new companions. Shapoda's impending calving and the continued absence of Than had them all gossiping like old cows. Even the new friends were caught up in the good natured speculation.

By evenings end they had turned their attention toward the up coming Lunar Festival. It was decided that they should host a party at the begining of the Festival, providing feasting and fun for all who might be kept away from their own Clans durring the appearance of the Elders. Two additional druids overheard the planning and joined the conversation, Tyni and Bahalen.

To that end, they have agreed to meet, even thier newest friends, at the same spot next Monday at the eighth drum to head out on a fishing expedition to lay in supplies for the festivities.

January 12

Bahalen and Ashnan met early in the evening, sharing conversation as they waited the arrival of the others. Donek arrived next, followed by Than. At the Eighth Drum they traveled as planned to Camp Mojache and there met up with Tyni, who was kind enough to bring extra fish toward the upcoming party.

Libations brought by Donek flowed freely and the fish were biting. Plans for Shapoda's approaching calf, differences in traditions and all the warm conversations had when getting to know new people was enjoyed. While not death defyingly exciting as far as the Path's life can get, this quiet interlude was none the less enjoyable.

January 19

Our intrepid heros found them selves wandering in both continents this evening, tracking down the famed Yeti Frostmaw in Alterac Mountains before settling into the Barrens for an evening of hunting. While the lizard tails so desired by Donek for the Party menu were somewhat thin this evening, Ashnan was able to pick up the two pristine deviate scales she needed to make another fancy belt to add to the gift collection for the story telling participants expected to join on Saturday.

Donek, Danata, Shapoda, and a returned Koshen were joined in their hunt by a Blood Elf with strange stories to tell of death at something called a lich's hand. Even Ashnan was somewhat out of her depth trying to make sense of the ramblings of the self proclaimed "Death Knight." Though with something of a dark aura about her, Zindyy seemed to be of a reasonably amiable personality and will hopefully enjoy her dancing in the more appropriate setting of the party.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm 
Producer

<< Wow, I have been bad about Episode guides. In the New YEar, I resolve...>>

December 14

Our friends have recently returned from the Eastern Kingdoms where humans known as the Scarlet Crusade had hidden away Lore wanted by a Forsaken ally; a desire easily satisfied by the herd. They have now taken up residence in Camp Mojache, lending their growing skills to the Tauren there. This evening they dealt with the growing problems of the gnolls, only to find a bigger threat is behind the gnoll skirmishes. Giant Bugs!

Danata, Donek, Chogan and Ashnan had a wonderful time discussing goblin worth and other philosophical questions while stretching their legs after so much time spent indoors ferreting out the Scarlet Crusade in Tirisfall Glade. The forest of Feralas calls them and should hold their attention for some time to come.

<<Completed: War on the Woodpaw, Alpha Strike and Woodpaw Investigation>>

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:02 pm 
Producer

Level and next meet updated. Episode for 12/14 added.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]