Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Forsaken Never Die!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:33 am 
Producer

Update: August 2007
Please start at this post for information on the (yet again) resurrected Forsaken Pacer.

To all loyal followers of the Lady Sylvanas:

A dire plot has been uncovered of an assassination attempt to be made against our Dark Lady. Certain individuals are being dispatched to investigate this news more thoroughly, but these are the facts that we know right now:
    1. Unsurprisingly, the Scarlet Crusade seems to be the source of the plot, although we do not know how far up in their ranks it originates.
    2. The Crusade are receiving assistance from the Syndicate, since it was on a Syndicate member that the initial information was discovered.
Beyond this, we have only suspicions that we are investigating.

Now, more than ever, it is vital that the Scarlet Crusade be driven from the holds they have taken up in Tirisfal Glades, that their movements be watched closely to prevent information and supplies being passed along to their superiors, that their allies be discovered and punished for their assistance to the Crusade, and that the plot be halted before it can come to fruition. Even the newly risen can be of assistance in this matter. In addition, the Royal Apothecary Society needs aid in its quest to end the Scourge and Human threats against the Forsaken once and for all and, of course, any of the mindless ones must be destroyed wherever they are.

While we continue our work near Tarren Mill and further afield to discover the source of the plot and the identity of the assassin, we have left behind our lieutenant, Velga, to lead the investigations closer to home. If you wish to have a hand in preserving the existence of the one who has freed us from the Scourge’s yoke of oppression, Velga will begin her recruitment efforts on 9 November at 6:00 in the evening. She will take up a position in Death Knell and can be identified by the insignia she will wear.

For Our Lady,
Ombre and Joss Nikros

The out of character information:

Introducing a new storyline for the Lighteninghoof Forsaken pacer that will take a group of adventurers from their awakening in Death Knell to about level 40 or beyond. We’re looking for some new recruits to work with Velga during the lower-level quests in Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine until they can join up with Ombre (currently level 25) and Joss (currently level 23) in Hillsbrad. We will still meet on Thursday evenings, but we have changed the time to 6:00 to 8:00 Eastern.

I (Deborah) will be present every Thursday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 Eastern unless I post in this thread that I won’t be for some reason.
If no one else is around, I’ll run around with my mage, Jadelina, in case anyone shows up late.
If only Mishell and I are about, we’ll either work on our end of the investigation or go into the battlegrounds to practice our pvp skills.
If other folks are there, we’ll work on our investigation of the Scarlet Crusade and their allies, drawing ever closer to those responsible for hatching the assassination plot as well as the assassin him/herself.

If you’ve ever had any thoughts that playing a Forsaken might be fun and interesting, now is the perfect opportunity to join.

Blizzard's Forsaken Lore:
Dramatis Personae Forsaken Lore:
Participant Journals:

Last edited by Deborah on Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:34 pm 
Retired

'ello! I'm relatively new to the forums, only posted once (maybe twice?) before, but this struck me as interesting (and quite opportune).

You see, I've never been a part of a pacer before, and I've also got a friend who mentioned he was interested in learning about RP (specifically mentioning that he would like to play a Forsaken). I'm not sure how you feel about taking on a beginning RPer, and I haven't exactly asked him about it yet, but I for one would be very interested in joining. Perfect time slot, perfect night, sounds like it should work out quite well.

Let me know what you think!

~Jer

P.S.
I'll be asking my friend tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:43 pm 
Producer

Sounds fine to me. We'd be glad to have you! And your friend could really learn a lot hanging out with DPers. Most of the characters in this group will be starting out brand new, met by Velga as they enter the chapel-y building to turn in their first quest. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:57 pm 
Performer

Just a note for any newcomers - if you don't have a strong class preference we could really use priest, warrior, warlock in that order. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:44 pm 
Extra

We love beginning role-players! Especially those who are genuinely curious and show a strong desire to learn more! Please don't hesitate to ask questions!

Now on Steam! Come hang with me!

GLaDOS wrote:
Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an "unsatisfactory" mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:39 am 
Producer

Tonight's episode:

Leave it to the Scarlet Crusade to hatch such a plot. But if the Forsaken have anything to say about it, they won't let any harm come to the Lady Sylvanas. While Joss and Ombre are off conducting their own investigations, Velga Bloodburn has been charged with putting together a group of the newly risen to deal with problems closer to home. So it's off to Deathknell to find some promising candidates and get them started.

OOC:
Please join the dramatis channel before leaving the mausoleum, as Velga will be waiting in the first building to assess newly risen coming to talk to the Shadow Priest there. For those who don't have FlagRSP2 or some such, Velga will be wearing an insignia identifying her as an agent of Sylvanas and Varimathras. Those with already existing characters are welcome to join in the RP even if you've moved on from Deathknell. See you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 pm 
Retired

Eonara Gableton, peculiarly persistent priestess, will be there, unless something comes up between now and then to stop me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:48 pm 
Retired

Just to let you know, I may be a bit late...I've got a paper to write. And I rolled a warlock, which seems to be rather convenient for you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:59 pm 
Performer

That works great. I'll show up with a low level temporary rogue character. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:04 pm 
Performer

Just one last little poke for anyone who's been wondering, "What's my foot in the door to get involved with these fine folks!" My answer, roll a Forsaken warrior, priest, or warlock on Lightninghoof and log on in an hour! Instant group of RP buddies! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:41 pm 
Retired

Argh, things aren't looking good for me finishing in time. Hopefully I'll be able to show up towards the end, but it looks like I may have to join you guys next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:03 pm 
Performer

Wow!! What a fantastic group! I'm all excited now. Looking forward to next time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:21 pm 
Extra

sorry I dropped out guys, I would have been more ... there, but I explained why :D

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 am 
Character

Velga’s Report:

Finding suitable personnel is proving easier than I had thought. In Deathknell, I located the rogue Kirsche Ronmoore and the priestess Eonara Gableton (formerly Lady Gableton). I recruited them nearly as soon as they had awoken, and watching them begin their work I was not disappointed. They quickly proved themselves to Executor Arren, who then sent them on their first foray against the Scarlets, which they conducted with amazing success. My sister, Sueva Bloodburn, also showed up for a time but wandered off before she had told me why she had been seeking me. She is not always so flighty, however, and with a strong guiding hand will make another fine addition to our troop. We moved along to Brill, where I spotted a warrior who calls himself Drachiero. All of them have been filled in as to the nature of our work, and I expect that they shall perform well.

With this report, I am sending an encoded message found on one Meven Korgal who served as messenger to the Scarlet Crusade. I expect that further orders will be forthcoming once the message has been deciphered. I await word at the Gallow’s End Tavern in Brill.

OOC:
Velga is level 6, so current pacer level is 3 to 8. The current group of recruits has finished their work in Deathknell and moved on to Brill. If you log on to do any questing on your own, please refrain from doing any quests involving the Scarlet Crusade or the Royal Apothecary Society. There are also a number of quests involving the Agamand Mills that are easier to do with a group, but you are free to do them on your own if you wish, as long as you don’t pass out of pacer range.

This Week:
What is the coded message that was found on the messenger for the Scarlet Crusade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:19 am 
Producer

Tonight's Episode:

The secret message has been decoded and it turned out to be shipping schedules. The destination is a tower to the west, currently in the hands of warriors of the Scarlet Crusade. They are using it as a base to smuggle in supplies -- weapons, armor, foodstuffs, etc. -- for other Scarlets in the region. Velga has been charged with taking her recruits to the tower and cleaning the place out, completely. A bounty is also being offered for the retrieval of weapons and armor from the Scarlets. Each member of the assault team will be able to turn in one weapon and one piece of armor taken from a fallen Scarlet in exchange for 5 silver pieces each (10 silver total for each member). Further bounties may be offered at a later date.

OOC:
We're starting out the evening in the Gallow's End Tavern in Brill. Our main targets will be the Scarlet Warriors (part 1 of At War with the Scarlet Crusade) and we may also stop by to pick up some pumpkins if need be. If time remains after the Scarlets are dealt with, we'll see what the Royal Apothecary Society needs done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next