Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forsaken Never Die!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 pm 
Producer

We're supposed to be back from our hiatus tonight, but I've been feeling pretty lousy today so I doubt I'll be there unless I feel quite a lot better in the next couple of hours. I think Parlath was also not going to be able to make it tonight. But feel free to get together and run a scenario or have a chat about what we'd like to do for the next few weeks and at what point we want to move ahead into Warlords of Draenor content. I still need to hear from a couple of you in response to my PM as well.

My characters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:43 am 
Performer

I am sorry that I just dropped out without giving anyone a heads up. I should have made this post over two weeks ago, but anxiety driven procrastination is how I generally handle things.

I am going to be taking a break from WoW. I may be back for the launch of Warlords, but I suspect it will be longer. There are a couple of reasons for this.

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now. I now identify as a woman, and I am in the process of coming out generally. I am out in my day to day life, at work, and now with my family. This has been a very difficult process. Soon I will be reactivating my Facebook to come out there. I am now using the name Jacey Sanders, and if we aren't already FB friends, I encourage you to add me there in a week or two. You can also email me at the address jacey[dot]sanders at that google electronic mail service you all know about.

I may have mentioned this while chatting, but I dropped out of graduate school last spring. I am currently working as an instructional assistant at the university, which involves teaching the same kind of stuff I did before, but without all the lab work and without as much compensation. I have allowed my WoW subscription to lapse, because I can't really justify paying for it just to play one night a week anymore.

After the shiny newness of Wildstar wore off, I haven't been too interested in MMO's in general these days, and WoW in particular has trouble holding my attention. I've often found myself mentally "checking out" when playing with the Forsaken group, and that is not particularly fun for me, nor I imagine for any of you.

Thank you all for nearly seven years of fun and friendship. The Forsaken pacer is something that has remained constant for me over a time period when a lot has changed in my life, but it is now time for me to move on, at least for a while. I am doing OK, and you don't need to worry about me, but I would like it if you all kept in touch, by Facebook, email, or PM. I count you all as some of my closest friends.

Love,
Jacey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 am 
Performer

My apologies for the unanticipated absence this past Thursday. :( I fell asleep like an old man. I have become my father.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm 
Producer

Since the pre-expansion patch is out tomorrow, I imagine we'll be off to something of a slow start on Thursday while folks figure out what's changed and reconfigure action bars and the like. I propose that we gather in some central location, perhaps the Undercity, and have some RP for the evening while we get things set up. If time permits, we could give Icecrown Citadel or some other dungeony place a whirl, or we could plan for that for next week.

My characters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 pm 
Performer

Well, I have decided to give World of Warcraft another try! I am currently patching my game, and I hope to see you all on Thursday. What should I do with Avar to catch up?

Also, since is it possible to have my forum username changed? If not, may I have permission from an administrator to make a new account?

<3,

Jacey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:01 pm 
Producer

Yay! It will be good to have Avar back again. We've been working on the Dominance Offensive campaign. I think Matina will have enough reputation after some quests this week to continue with the quest line. The starting quest is To the Valley from General Nazgrim, available at 2850 honored.

If I remember correctly (always a tricky prospect), we had decided to wait until January to get into Draenor, hoping that the crowds would die out. However, I'm thinking now that that might be waiting too long. The number of people crowding into the opening areas was already vastly reduced between last Thursday and this afternoon (although the fact that it was afternoon rather than evening may have had something to do with it). I would like at least a couple of weeks to actually work up some story to go along with the in-game events, but maybe we should shoot for sometime in December instead, provided folks aren't too busy with the holidays (which was maybe one of the reasons we were putting it off as well). Let me know your thoughts.

We did decide to halt XP gains until we headed into Draenor, so everyone (including me) needs to remember to do that before the session on Thursday.

I'll try to poke around for information about changing your username, Jacey. Or maybe Parlath already knows if / how that can be done.

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 am 
Producer

Get Garrosh!

Cloelia wrote:
THE FOOLS HAVE LET HIM ESCAPE!

As if the farce of a trial wasn't enough, the idiots in charge of the whole thing failed to recognize a traitor in their midst who helped Garrosh escape to parts unknown. Unfortunately, our Dark Lady was called away on urgent business the day the "verdict" was scheduled, or she surely would have prevented it from happening. Although we don't know where he currently is, the fact of orc hordes streaming through the portal in the Blasted Lands can hardly be a coincidence. The human mage Khadgar is leading a force through the portal to see what's on the other side. You are to accompany him in this venture and find out if that is where Garrosh ended up. If it is, you are to find him and do what all others have been unable or unwilling to: kill Garrosh!

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm 
Performer

Folks, apologies in advance, but I don't think I'm up to playing tonight. I've had a killer sinus headache all day, and I think I may just call it and head to bed when I get home. Go ahead without me and just let me know what questions you do, and I'll get caught up before next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 pm 
Producer

Ugh, sinus headaches are the worst. Hope you feel better! (I like Nyquil for both the aceteminophen for the headache and whatever sleeping agent it has that knocks me right out.)

My characters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:14 pm 
Performer

I took your advice, and it definitely helped (or at least knocked me out until I felt better :) ).

Where are we starting up tomorrow night?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:03 pm 
Producer

We went over to Scarlet Crusade last week and ran some dungeons, so we'll be at wherever we ended up two weeks ago. I think we might have some options to choose from, so probably a garrison meeting or OOC discussion will be in order.

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:44 am 
Performer

Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be able to make it again tonight. :-( In-laws are visiting this weekend, and we need to do some last minute cleaning and get the guest room ready.

I know my attendance has been spotty recently, but that's not an indicator of waning interest in the pacer; things have just been crazy and hectic on my end, and I'm sorry that has impacted all of you as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 am 
Producer

Thanks for the heads-up. Parlath will be away next week, so we can either take the week off or work on the special project. Same this week. I expect to be bumming around at pacer time, so I'm happy to do whatever folks want.

The special project is to work on obtaining Sylvanas's Music Box. This comes from a chest that drops from Arthas when one of the players involved in the kill is carrying Shadowmourne, which means either one of our warriors (and I'm certainly not opposed to getting this for both, if we can); there are also indications that the chest only drops once per kill, so we would need four for the group. The first step to getting Shadowmourne is to reach friendly with the Ashen Verdict, which means killing stuff in Icecrown Citadel. That will be followed by a series of quests that will require various materials. Wowhead has a guide to obtaining Shadowmourne here.

My characters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm 
Producer

Prior notification that I may be a bit late on Thursday. The spouse runs a volunteer tax program that is just finishing up, and Thursday is their thank-you dinner for the folks involved (and us hangers-on that happen to be connected). The shindig starts at 6:00, so I would hope we're home again by 8:30, but one never knows with these things (especially if we stay afterward to help with cleanup).

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm 
Performer

I am working VERY HARD to be done with everything at the office I need to complete in time to be on at 8:30 tonight. I am currently optimistic, but that may change as the evening wears on. Please get started without me if I am not there at 8:30, and I will catch up ASAP when I get on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next