Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forsaken Never Die!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 pm 
Producer

Now that we're 90, one of the things I would like us to work on, because I think it would be quite appropriate for this group, is the Dominance Offensive Campaign. This is a combination of daily quests and one-time quests that will take us through Garrosh's dealings in Pandaria. Following is the list of all of the one-time quests, divided into the groups in which they are received, as well as reputation needed in order to be able to get the set and reputation received for each set. The total reputation for each set includes the 10% guild bonus that we get.

Meet the Scout (165)
Domination Point (880)
The Might of the Warchief (300)
Domination Point (500)
[+0]
The Voice of the Gods (950 Friendly) (770)
Rise Of An Empire (150)
Buried Secrets (150)
Voice of the Gods (400)
[+3085]
The Horde Is Family (4900 Friendly) (1100)
Find Thrall! (200)
The Horde Is Family (350)
De-Subjugation (450)
[+2850]
Blood For Blood (2850 Honored) (1430)
To the Valley! (150)
Ancient Guardians (250)
Bloodlines (250)
Clearing a Path (200)
Legacy of the Korune (200)
The Korune (250)
[+2520]
The Korune (6800 Honored) (330)
Trapping the Leader (300)
[+3620]
Pride (10750 Honored) (770)
Echoes of Thunder (200)
A Gathering Storm (500)
[+3180]
Rise of the Blood Elves (2700 Revered) (770)
Get My Results! (200)
What's in the Box? (500)
[+3180]
Secrets of the Past (6650 Revered) (1457.5)
Pandaren Medicine (100)
Ties with the Past (300)
A Dash of That (125)
Tracking Event: Epilogue Complete (0?)
A Lick of Fire (150)
A Bit of Yak (150)
Memory Wine (500)
[+ ca. 500]
The Divine Bell (~8600 Revered) (770)
The Ruins of Korune (200)
The Divine Bell (500)
[+ ca. 5100]
The Darnassus Operation (~14540 Revered) (1045)
Insertion (150)
The Darnassus Mission (400)
Victorious Return (400)
[+ ca. 2915]
The Purge of Dalaran (~18500 Revered) (1320)
The Silver Covenant's Stronghold (200)
The Kirin Tor's True Colors (200)
Krasus' Landing (200)
The Remaining Sunreavers (250)
One Last Grasp (350)
A Return to Krasarang (0?)
[+4180]
Breath of Darkest Shadow (Exalted)
Breath of Darkest Shadow

As you can see, there is often a fair bit of extra reputation that is needed upon completing one set of quests in order to be able to get the next one. There are two means of earning the extra reputation: daily quests in the Krasarang Wilds (worth 900 reputation, plus another 200 for a group quest, plus the 10% guild bonus) and a work order at Sunsong Ranch (worth 300 reputation plus the 10% guild bonus), which requires that you have gone through all of the Tiller's quests and purchased the ranch from Farmer Yoon. I'm reluctant to ask folks to log in during off times in order to do the extra quests it would take to get from one set to the next, but I'm also not sure if we would have enough weeks to be able to get through the entire quest line if we just did one set of dailies each week during our regular meet (and we probably wouldn't want to spend all of our time doing that, either, until Warlords of Draenor is available).

So consider this information and let me know what you all think about doing this, or is there are other things that we would rather spend our time on instead. There are plenty of things to choose from, including heroic dungeons (or just the regular ones we haven't gotten to yet) and the ultimate goal of defeating the Lich King.

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 am 
Performer

I think this would be a blast to play through as a group, personally, and I'm willing to grind out the extra rep between sessions.

Specifically with regards to tonight, however, I'm not certain if I can be on in a timely matter. Tomorrow is the end of my daughter's school year, and we've got some prep to do tonight. If I can, I'll be there, but don't wait for me -- just tell me where you are if I don't make it on, and I'll get caught up over the weekend.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:55 pm 
Producer

Kim is also out of town this week and without Internet access, so we won't be starting on the Dominance Offensive or continuing in the Dread Wastes or anything else we'd prefer to do as a group. If everyone else makes it, I'm sure there are plenty of quests we could still choose from in the areas that we've mostly missed.

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:52 pm 
Producer

Since the Servants of the Banshee have attained level 16 and another level of Cash Flow (putting a percentage of the money we get from drops into the guild vault), I've set everyone up with 1 gold per day in repairs from the vault. Enjoy!

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 pm 
Producer

I'll need to skip tonights forsaken outing as I have to work late.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm 
Performer

Running out to do some last-minute shopping prior to my wife's birthday tomorrow. Should be back in time, but if I'm running late, start without me I'll catch up.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm 
Producer

Matina, Ombre, and Caralynn did another round of Dominance Offensive dailies (as well as a couple of scenarios, but not too much reputation for those: only some for turning in the Dagger in the Dark quest, if I remember right). If we do one more set of the dailies next week, I think everyone should be ready for the next one-time questline, beginning with Rise of an Empire, from General Nazgrim and Domination Point. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not move ahead on this without the group, or we're sort of defeating the purpose of doing all these dailies and other things, which is to do the main questline as a group.

Provided we move ahead next week, I think the week after will be a dungeon run to see if the bonus rep for Dominance Offensive will get some folks ahead so we don't have to do quite so many dailies. Hope everyone will be able to make it!

My characters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am 
Performer

I am sorry to say it, but I am not having fun keeping up with the reputation grind. The dailies are very difficult to impossible for me complete on Avar. I tried out a DPS shadow spec, but that just resulted in me dying even more. It is probably some combination of undergeared and unoptimal play, but it isn't fun for me and is burning me out on WoW even faster than usual. I can still come to Thursday play sessions, but I can't commit myself to rep grinding outside in additional sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:42 pm 
Producer

No problem. The rep grind was sort of the worry from the start. I think if we can do some dailies at some of our regular meets (I'm not sure it'd be much fun to do those every week either) and try some other things (getting Dominance Offensive bonus rep while we run dungeons, for instance), we could still get the quest line done before the next expansion hits. Or we could just pursue something else that we'd find more enjoyable. It's just unfortunate that such an interesting quest series comes with such a tedious reputation grind.

My characters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm 
Extra

I vote for Thunder Isle!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 pm 
Producer

Cloelia wrote:
Servants:

We greatly appreciate your recent report on events in Pandaria. The information you have sent about these mogu is of some concern, and Our Lady desires further information about these creatures. Continue your gathering of intelligence and continue to keep us informed about Garrosh's movements on the continent. We look forward to further communications.

Meet at the Shrine on Thursday.

My characters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 pm 
Producer

Matina and Caralynn/Khalley will be unavailable for August and some of September, so the Forsaken will be meeting for two more weeks and then taking a six-week hiatus. There is some chance that we would be able to get together during some of those weeks, but it's not likely.

I've set up the calendar in-game for the next few weeks, through the first week of October, to reflect what I think will be a good plan for proceeding. We'll work on Dominance Offensive and random dungeons for the next two weeks, and for the two weeks after the hiatus. When October comes around, we'll be returning to Icecrown Citadel to see if the experience and equipment we've collected in Pandaria will help us to defeat the Lich King once and for all. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm happy to hear them.

My characters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:59 pm 
Extra

I've been spending time collecting enchanting materials. So let me know if you want anything done.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:46 pm 
Performer

I can't remember if the hiatus is starting tonight, but I am going to be absent, as I am attending a friend's birthday party.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:31 am 
Producer

Yes, we are currently on hiatus, although likely only until the end of August rather than also the first two weeks of September. I'll try to get hold of Parlath to confirm, or is he happens to pop in and see this. :) I will probably not be around this week at all since I'm running up against some deadlines on a couple of books I'm working on and thus putting in some long days, but I may be around the next couple of weeks (on some realm or other if not with Ombre) if anyone's interested in running a scenario or anything of that sort.

My characters

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next