Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:49 pm 
Producer

Not sure where to have put this, since there isn't a single thread for this kind of notice any more.

My time of working light duty has ended as of today, the 13th. Starting Monday the 16th, I will be working at a new location from 1PM until 9PM Eastern time. Fortunately, it is only about a 15-20 minute drive from home during 'rush' hour.

This means I will be at about 30 minutes late to the Owls Pacer every Tuesday. I will still come on and catch up with everyone in whatever mayhem quests we are involved in.

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:17 pm 
Performer

Currently, I have a raging headache and am otherwise feeling generally crummy. I hate to put things off another week, given the trouble we've been having in getting together for this quest already, but if I'm not feeling better, there's no way I can sit in front of a computer monitor with a headache for any length of time without wanting to jab needles up through my eyes and into my brain.

I will post again closer to the time. I have no problem if people want to go ahead and do Ongeku without Kynroth if I'm not feeling better; I've already delayed this enough.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:21 pm 
Extra

Try Sudefed, it worked for me last night, the the storms that swept through here may be heading your way. and otherwise no worries about it :D:D

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:22 pm 
Performer

I have no problem postponing until you feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 pm 
Performer

Just crawled out of the comforting darkness of the bedroom to realize it's later than pacer start already. You guys are the best; thanks for your patience and understanding.

Try again next week?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 pm 
Producer

Just got home and got logged in, then came to hit the call sheet. Sorry about the headache Finn, but I completely understand how they make playing nigh impossible.

See people next week, 9:30-ish. I may head 'Rana out to the SoS before next week, so that I am not making people wait for her to catch up.

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:08 pm 
Performer

Real life continues to soak up every waking moment, but things should calm down by mid week, so I'll have us back on the callsheet and hopefully back on track by next week's meeting.

Thanks for your patience, Owls!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:35 am 
Performer

Well, I completely forgot to mention it, but we are back up and running as of... last night. :) Thanks to Jeremy for showing up in spite of my neglecting to mention anything.

Next Tuesday, we will finish off this damn Ongeku quest come hell or high water, and then, the next week, thanks to the new patch, we'll be going into Darnassus to pick up our discounted mounts!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:43 am 
Performer

My sincere apologies for my absence last night.

After proving for the umpteenth week in a row that my work schedule prohibits my being reliable for any sort of enjoyable hobby (and I stress that WoW in general, and the Owls in particular, are some of my favorite pastimes), I must regretfully step down as pacer leader for the Owls. It is completely unfair of me to you all, my friends, to continually promise to be present and then find that I am unable to do so.

If anyone else would like to take over as the pacer leader, I will cheerfully pass the mantle to you and attend whenever I can. Alternately, we can simply maintain the guild as a non-paced entity, with people playing whenever they can.

I am in no way saying I have given up on the Owls; it's simply that my schedule is currently in such flux (in spite of my previous beliefs that it would have calmed down by now) that I cannot in good conscience continue to claim that I will be present when it is far too likely that I will not be.

I will certainly be around on the boards, and I will be present in game whenever I can, so I have no intention of losing touch with my fellow players. It's simply my Owls that need to be put to roost, at least temporarily, no matter how much it breaks my heart to say it.

As always, I appreciate and treasure the time you all have spent with me and these characters, spinning stories, and I look forward fondly to the time when we can meet regularly again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 am 
Retired

Finn,

Thanks for the heads up. You are a very talented game master, and Magestorm and I had grand adventures in your pacer. But real life must come first, and we wish for things to get back on track for you as smoothly as possible.

See you around on KT sometime!

Solimuse

P.S. If any of the owls (or KT DPers) ever need assistance, a good number of our KT characters are on the call sheet character listing ... feel free to let us know if we can help.

Journeying together in this life and beyond, he is my Protector.
-- Emryth Whitemoon --

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 pm 
Retired

Finn,

I know Kyl hasn't been active in the Owls for a while, but I do have time on Tuesday nights. I usually do not work that evening so I am free and could easily hold the pacer.

If they are no objections, I would be willing to reinstate Kyloriel and take over (temporarily!) as the pacer's leader until you can once again take the mantle (no pun intended :wink: ).

Finn, if no one objects, I would like to work with you for some RP reasons why Kynroth isn't around and also some plots, etc.

So, if the Owls find the idea acceptable, please let me know. :D And if not, I understand since Kyl has been MIA for some time. Either way, I would like to give the Owls my support. It has always been my favorite pacer and Kyl has always been a favorite character of mine.

To be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everyone else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~E.E. Cummings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 pm 
Producer

I have no problem with you running the Owls while Finn is out of action. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 pm 
Extra

I second the motion.

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:08 pm 
Performer

I would really, really appreciate that. :) Having the pacer continue despite my personal absence would make me feel much less like I'm letting you guys down.

I miss you guys.

Please e-mail, PM, or IM me, and we can figure out some decent reason for Kyn being away this time. I'll also make sure to distribute money for mounts, now that we're all in level range for them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:22 pm 
Retired

Sorry, all. I haven't had a chance to talk to Finn about stuff yet, plus I've got a few personal things going on that I had to take care of tonight.

However, next week is definitely on. :)

To be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everyone else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~E.E. Cummings

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next