Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:07 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:38 am 
Extra

Jane Doe wrote:
Are the Centaurs and Grimtotems in Thousand Needles really that high? I thought I remembered the western half of the zone to about the Tauren camp (Narache, I think?) being low to mid 20s. I KNOW the invisi cats are closer to the Salt Flats, and I am pretty sure the Race track quests are higher than the mesa area. Eigne finished those up around 31 or 32.

As stated in the "I'm outta here" thread, our cable is out until at least Saturday, so I can't do the research I promised until then. Thotbott, Allakhazam's et. al. are all blocked at work. If anyone gets a second free, can they check Allakhazam's zone level guide real quick? I haven't used it much, so I am not sure how accurate they are, but they were pretty good for EQ. And they are in a handy dandy chart format that I love.

OK, here's some of the information I found.

The lowest level creatures are some of the hyenas and poisonous cloud serpents, at 21. However, it seems that the average level of the wandering creatures is in the 24-26 range (the kobolds start at around 26). The centaurs, which are usually fairly tightly packed, range in level from 22 to 29.

The quests in Thousand Needles begin, it appears, at level 26. Many more become available at 28, then 30. The quests around the raceway, incidentally, are typically for the low- to mid-30s.

Seems to me that, once the group hits the mid-20s, they should be in fine shape to start in Thousand Needles.

Another thing to keep in mind, down the road, I think there may be several tauren-related quests around the Kodo Graveyard in Desolace (I've been hunting that area with Lunama lately, but obviously can't get in there for any quests. I've seen it as an incentive to get Begran levels sometime, though. :lol: ), so that could be something to strive for in the future.

Now on Steam! Come hang with me!

GLaDOS wrote:
Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an "unsatisfactory" mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:16 am 
Producer

Here is <a href="http://callsheet.dramatis-personae.com/index.php?a=roster&sort=level&server_mask=85&race_mask=Tauren">a list</a>, sorted by level, of active Tauren characters on Scarlet Crusade. As you can see, they range from 4 to 20. Jane's character doesn't appear on there because she's gone inactive on the Call Sheet. I think I'll make an option to display inactive characters, and default it to off. Anyway, there's your potential pacer pool.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:53 am 
Producer

Lightning flashes across the sky, the rare summer storm sending the thunder lizzards into a frenzy as they try to match the display of nature's rage. A tall, moony shaft of light appears briefly near a village wall in Crossroads. A guard blinks as though ridding himself of an after image of the storm's lances, then returns his gaze outward toward the Barrens.

A large figure moves out of the light, huddled deep within a heavy cloak, as the silvery column collapses in on itself. Pulling the thick fabric tight against the rain and wind, the figure hurries past the Wyvern roost toward the warm glow seeping from behind the Inn's curtained door.

Stepping through the curtain, the figure pushes the hood of the cloak back, revealing the fine features of a tauren heifer, her dark pelt glistening with rain. Breathing in the night smells of the inn, she smiles at the musky sents of unwashed orc and taurahe bulls.

This may not be her Grandmother's hearth, but Ashnan knows she is home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, all this getting back on the boards has me wanting to make time for at least a little RP. Anyone still interested in the Tauren Pacer? As I understand it, Freezer has been kind enough to make sure the group didn't just peter out, and for that he has my eternal gratitude.

Anything starting up storywise I should be aware of before trampling all over something? Freeze has kept me posted on Ashnan's little brother's imagination, so that will not be for naught. Anything else?

Finally, will people be around this Monday evening, or Should I plan for the following week? I'm not sure how long I can sustain an every Monday night event, this had originally been designed as biweekly. How do interested parties feel keeping it to that?

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

Last edited by Jane Doe on Fri May 26, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:49 pm 
Extra

And it looks like things are working out so I can make it this coming Monday (Memorial Day) as well! Woo hoo, a symbolic role-play session to hand the reins back to the original pacer! :D

There will still be an "interim" Tauren pacer meeting tonight as part of Freezer Fridays, for those who still want to get involved, knock off some Barrens quests, or meet some of the participants.

And welcome back, Jane! Great to see your avatar's kitty eyes poking around again!

--------

The centaur let out a strangled cry for help as his legs collapsed entirely. He reached out a hand to the other one, which blinked and began a charge. It was cut short as a wolf leapt from a nearby bush, its fangs piercing its shoulder. The centaur raised its axe and brought it down upon the wolf's back, but let out a gasp of pain as a bullet struck his hand, causing the blow to miss severing the wolf's spine. The centaur looked up just in time to catch a second shot to the face.

The dark-haired tauren raised his rifle with a triumpant roar as the centaur lost its footing and fel to the ground. The wolf turned and ran back to the tauren's side. Reloading his rifle, the tauren turned and faced the nearby centaur camp. Inhaling deeply, he began to shout.

"Give me back my sister, or I'm gonna slaughter every single last one of you!"

Not waiting for a reply, he pointed and raised his rifle. With an excited yip, the wolf streaked off to the next target.

GLaDOS wrote:
Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an "unsatisfactory" mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck!

Post subject: Taking Stock
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:56 am 
Producer

Alrighty, then. With the official return of the Tauren Pacer to it's regularly scheduled, bi-weekly meeting time, it is time to get back to planning, scheming, etcetera.

First, I want to keep pouring on the thanks to Freezer. In addition to keeping the Taurens together in my absence, he has graciously agreed to continue keeping the Tauren Pacers on his Freezer Friday rotation. What this means, is that although we will have the pacer night every OTHER Monday, we will also have the opportunity to get together at least once a month on Fridays. Anyone who has/had trouble making it on Mondays, but loves their cows, can now expect a little routine DP action if Fridays are more convenient.

As always, no one is ever restricted to playing only on the pacer night. These are just opportunities to get together when you know other of the People will digging up ground with their big old hooves.

Now for a bit of re-acclimating myself. I would appreciate a show of hands if you are still interested in joining the herd. For those in the lower levels, please do not hesitate to ask for help if you want/need a bit of company if you are trying to get caught up. There are a number of us who would be more than willing to tag along as you complete quests and the like.

Looking at the Roster List, I see we have the following potential characters on Scarlet Crusade:

18-23 (Pacer level)
Ashnan - Jane Doe
Caldrene - Skitch
Holn - Santiago
Krulak - Wolf
Lintoko - Freezerburn
Nassak - Aritana
Than - Mishell

12 - 17
Jinjiu - 16 - Jacksparrow (Yes you're a troll. But if you give me a good reason and story for why he/she'd be hanging out with us on a regular (you are always welcome for a drive by) basis, we might be able to find room for a token smelly friend.)
Shapoda - 13 - Alanna
Thuatahala - 17 - Lyndon

1 - 11
Danata - 9 - Honamala
Dimara - 9 - Maleficently
Leesan - 4 - nubleas

We have the makings of a second, lower paced group, if there is enough interest.

I am trying to work on a vague plot. I just need to get over my home computer allergies to check on a few quest particulars. If anyone has any specific character hooks that you would like me to be aware of in planning storylines (things your character would never do or things that would make them fulfilled to be part of) let me know. This will not be things Ashnan knows until told in character, but just things that will help me pull a story together that is enjoyable for all. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested in sharing.

Finally...

Who's up for Wailing Caverns?

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Last edited by Jane Doe on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:04 pm 
Producer

I'm in. I'm rusty though-- Shapoda's been gathering dust for awhile. As Mishell can attest, though, I'm crackerjack at catching up to pacer groups ;)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:52 am 
Extra

I'd be happy to have my shaman, Holn, run with the herd from time to time. My schedule is all weird this summer, but I've a decent chance of attending on Monday nights. The Friday night sessions are a bit too late for me; I'm usually falling asleep by midnight (EST).

I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to Tauren, and the Horde in general, so I've been using a "watch and learn" approach when playing Holn. I think of him as a quiet, contemplative spiritualist; I can picture him sitting by a campfire upon a mountaintop in the Barrens, gazing off into the distance for hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:51 am 
Producer

Phew, much better.

For those who have joined us since I took a sabatical, I'm a pruner.

This thread is for planning, general ideas, tauren specific lore discussion, etc. However, when that starts getting too long I tend to cut it. Actual Lore that needs to be held on to gets moved and a link gets added to the first post in this thread. Dead conversations and the like are just deleted. The second link in this post is always an announcement of what has recently been done, added, etc.

It's an OCD kind of thing, but it keeps me happy.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:01 pm 
Producer

Santiago wrote:
I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to Tauren, and the Horde in general, so I've been using a "watch and learn" approach when playing Holn. I think of him as a quiet, contemplative spiritualist; I can picture him sitting by a campfire upon a mountaintop in the Barrens, gazing off into the distance for hours.

This is actually a lot of what Ashnan does. I think of it as comuning with the Earthmother, source of all our powers.

Watch out for her though, she has a very definite idea about what it means to be Tauren (or at least her Grandmother's ideal). She has a tendancy to take young ones and foundlings under her wing, sort of a compulsion with her, but it does mean trying to raise them 'right'. :wink:

Other Clans may have different ways of doing things, though.

If you haven't already, there are some solid Tauren resources linked in the first Post of this thread. They may help during the "watch and learn" phase.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:06 pm 
Producer

As for Wailing Caverns Planning, I think the Freezer Friday that the Taurens will be held next is 6/23. Is that right? If so, I was thinking we could aim for that for the WC Dive. I don't know about other's schedules, but Friday, even with a later start, works better for me for a long instance than a Monday would. I need to log at 11 pm EDT week days if I want any chance of getting to work on time.

How would that work for the others who are WC ready?

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 pm 
Performer

My new job makes it impossible to know in advance, but if I'm not working, I am totally there. If it turns out that I know far enough in advance that I'm needed to make the run work, I can just not mark myself available for work that day.

My job rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:54 pm 
Extra

I'll go ahead and add it to the Freezer Friday listing. :)

GLaDOS wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:00 am 
Producer

Thanks, Freeze.

Now, does anyone need help getting ready for Wailing Caverns? At 21, most of the quests are showing as green to me, so just being in the pacer group should be fine. I may log on for a bit tonight to make sure there aren't any shammy spells/quests I need to get done for Ashnan and just general maintenance. See where her leather working is and if I can get that maxed out, etc. Shoot me a tell if you need a hand with anything.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:58 am 
Extra

Quests for Wailing Caverns? If I recall, most are either out of Ratchet or in the WC themselves. Let's see what I can come up with....

Starting in Ratchet

Trouble at the Docks This quest can be completed without actually going into the instanced portion of the Wailing Caverns.

Smart Drinks This is actually part of a quest chain, which also begins with Mebok Mizzyrix, in Ratchet. Fairly easy to get to this one.

Starting in the Wailing Caverns

There is a small cave on top of the main entrance with (at least) two NPCs, including a leather armor vendor (or leatherworking supplier, I don't remember which) and a quest giver. We can probably pick these quests up before starting the main dive - especially since it's a little tricky getting into this cave in the first place!

Deviate Hides This quest doesn't actually require entering the instanced portion either, but the drop rate for the hides seems to be higher for the raptors in the instance than just outside it.

Starting in Thunder Bluff

Serpentbloom This quest begins with the undead in Thunder Bluff. You will have to go to the dank caves under the Spirit Rise to find them. Look for the path down.

Leaders of the Fang One of the most itneresting things about the Wailing Caverns, in my opinion, is that it is the only place where we learn of a third druid faction, of the Fang. This quest will have you go after the leaders of this particular druidic sect. Also, each of the leaders has a chance of dropping a piece of purplish armor that, when the set is completed, is perfect for druids and shaman (also note: this is the purple outfit that some refer to when talking about Elka's "pimp suit," on Shadow Council Horde. :wink: ) This also is part of a quest chain, but is also extremely simple (along the lines of "go talk to this guy" simple). You may have to gather the turtle shells in the Barrens before this quest becomes available. But since you've probably done that quest anyway, nothing to worry about. :)

There is another quest that begins in the Wailing Caverns too... but only after you've pretty much completed the instanced portion! If you're up to it, talk to the tauren at the instanced entrance once everything else is finished.

GLaDOS wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:45 am 
Producer

One week reminder on Wailing Caverns next Friday and Freezer's Fridays (6/23).

Besides myself and Freezer, who's coming? Does anyone need Ashnan around on an odd day to get levels or quest steps completed so everyone will have all the quests ready?

Mishell, any idea yet what your schedule will be? Ashnan thinks of Than as totaly irreplaceable, but Jane understands RL issues. :roll: And Skitch too.

That would largely get the Rage fire Chasam group back together, with room for one more.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next