Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:55 pm 
Producer

Sorry I did not post soon, but I did not remember this is pacer night until my phone reminder went of on my drive home. I hope peeps are availabe. I'm logging in now and we'll see what we are doing when we see who is about. I' love to try for a new
wing of the monestary, but need more than just me. :wink:

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 am 
Producer

Sorry for skipping. Due to a bout of imsomnia recently I was too knackered after work for much of anything. I'll try to make sure I attend next time.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm 
Producer

Traveling and my rinder just went off. Not gonna make it.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm 
Producer

I just got home and activated my new game card. Sorry for missing tonight. :oops:

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 pm 
Producer

Hey guys. Anyone else curious to try the new random dungeon feature? I was toying with the idea of seeing where it might put us if we fiddled with it tomorrow. If no one is interested that's fine. I'm justkind of curious.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 am 
Producer

I'd totally be down with that. I've done it twice already and think it's great fun.

Though, would we get a random fifth dude if we don't have a full party?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 am 
Producer

I imagine we would, but if we are the majority we can hopefully slow the racing pace down a bit. Aren't the server groups they'll be pulling from the same for BGs? It's my understanding those are still limited to other RP groups. Hopefully that will mitigate problems. Anyway, that is the nature of experiments. If the experience blows we'll know to stay clear of it in the future. :wink:

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 am 
Performer

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jane, but battlegroups are not sorted by server type: Scarlet Crusade is in Reckoning; there is another RP server in it as well, Shadow Council. There are fifteen other servers in Reckoning which are predominantly PvP realms (Gurubashi, Dragonmaw, Frostmane, Bonechewer) with a few normal realms (Arathor and my home server, Silvermoon).

I would offer to round out your group with my Horde warlock on Silvermoon, but, unfortunately, she’s midway into Wrath content and is probably too high for your pacer. :( The point I’m making, though, is that sadly Blizzard wasn’t intelligent enough to make all-RP battlegroups so you can’t really expect to get a roleplayer (and, indeed, the person may be unwilling to tolerate RP, though I hope you won’t get someone so fickle).

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 am 
Producer

well. Some raider wanna be will get to experience the content like he or she never has before. :wink: If they keep leaving we could just see how far along we can get with however many of show up. I'm more curious about which dungeon they will randomly give us. A full group of RPers would certainly be prefered.

Any input from Danata or Donek on the subject? Or Than? I haven't seen Mishell, so I'm assuming baby has arrived or is soclose that WoW is out of the question. But you'd be
most welcome if you want to give it a shot.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:56 am 
Producer

Last night when we booted someone it basically re-queued us to the dungeon finder, and that addition was ported to the dungeon entrance while the group was able to continue on. Remember that you can /ignore cross-server and you will never be grouped with someone you have ignored, so one bad experience is all you will get with a particular person.
I don't recall whether you had the option to basically "cancel the re-queue" and go on with 4 or not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 am 
Producer

I don't do pugs or do dungeons with people I don't know. I tend to find them pretty negative experiences more often than not and that's on an RP realm. I'm not familiar with this random dungeon thing, but I get the impression that we may not even get someone from an RP realm and will probably end up with someone with zero interest in it or isn't even familiar with dealing with RP'ers.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the random dungeons anyway. Any particular reason why Blizz put that in?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 am 
Producer

No idea why they actually put it in, but it smells of resource efficiency tool. Especially the PUG pet incentive. If they can encourage more people to group together that wouldn't/couldn't before, then they need less resources to launch instances for everyone. I'm sure the launch adds more strain, as new sparklies always get more attention, but over all, you are likely to use your server space better this way.

I'm fine with not using it, Parlath. I have non RP characters to play wih it. But if any of you all were interested I wanted to pu it out there. Most of the abo e comments make it sound like it would be work intensive to keep the RP going. A little work I'm willing to do, but esentially locking us into a parade of griefers for an hour is not.

And not RPing the one pacer I run is not an option. We may not RP with much of a plot these days, but we do play IC.

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:32 am 
Producer

I expect it makes it easier to PUG. Though I don't know the exact reasoning behind the random dungeon finder.

What I have experienced (though I've only done it with full groups of DP RPers) has been a lot of fun. Plus, you get extra gold, xp(?) and a pretty sweet item at the end of it. Add the extra benefit of not having to go to the instance (you are ported to the dungeon from wherever you are and then ported back when it's over) and honestly, I don't see why anyone would not use it to do instances. That may change if they nerf the rewards or if you need to run an instance IC'ly but otherwise, I don't see a downside.

However, the missing 5th member may add some issues but I don't see why you can't say at the beginning of the instance: A) We're rp'ers, if you have problem with that then you're out (we'll vote them out), B) If you don't have a problem with us RPing (you don't have to if you don't want to) then stay, C) If you are an RP'er, then hey, we're DP - come check out our website.

Actually, they might not be a bad way to recruit. Queue up with a majority of DPers and if someone RPs then send them to the site. If we're the majority then we're in control.

If we're up front about it then, I don't think there will be any problems.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am 
Producer

Having said the above which doesn't really address Parlath not wanting to instance with anyone he doesn't know. Hell, I pretty much have the same thoughts as he does. I don't group with people unless they're DPers and I don't join guilds unless it's specifically for DP for pretty much the same reasons Parlath has stated. I can pretty much be assured that any member of DP is going to be cool.

So, I'm cool with whatever. I'm happy just hanging out with you folks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:55 pm 
Producer

I did some runs this weekend that included some random members, although I wouldn't have tried it myself if I hadn't at least had the spouse with me since I'm pretty much with Parlath on grouping with folks I don't know. The groups were kind of up and down, but really mostly pretty quiet and quick. The worst was a warlock who got rude when we were in the Trial of Champions fighting the priestess who's probably one of the worst dungeon fights in the game, but even then the other folks in the group were pretty cool. And one of the times we ended up with a dwarf hunter who went with us on a couple more dungeon runs too. Folks we grouped up with didn't do anything in the way of RP themselves, but they weren't rude about anything we said in character.

The random dungeon thing itself is kind of fun and, as Jaw mentioned, very convenient. For this group, though, I'd rather just go places with the folks we have than try to pick up a random person who's likely not even coming from an RP server and is probably mostly interested in blasting through the place as fast as possible in order to move on to the next one. (Also not something I'm necessarily opposed to, but it doesn't lend itself terribly well to RP-ness.)

My characters

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next