Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:01 pm 
Performer

Well apparently it won't be possible to make the transfer yet, due to external circumstances. I'll have to revert to plan B and make a Hunter from scratch. If I devote into him the same energy that I gave to my BE paladin, I should have him up to a decent level by next week. I just didn't want to redo the starting quests that I have repeated so many times in as many servers (I love being a NE hunter, thus it's my flagship character). In any case, see you next week... you know what, belay that. I'll take him for a spin now.

Anybody minds if I RP him like it is a higher level char? I'd love to use the tales and experiences accumulated from the other char. I'll keep developing the main one and transfer him whenever possible, whereupon I'll delete the one I'll be making now... everybody happy. At least me.

WoW status: ACTIVE
______

Professor Hubert Farnsworth wrote:
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!"

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:12 pm 
Producer

If I may make a suggestion: Why not play him as if it's the same character that you intend to transfer, just to start making IC connections and getting a feel for him on ER. Then, when you can transfer, just delete the lowbie version and replace it with the transferred one.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:03 am 
Performer

That's exactly what I was thinking, only I feel like I tripped myself when trying to explain it. Thanks for wording it the proper way, Spice :oops:

Anyhow, thus it shall be :D I'm not quite sure when I will be able to transfer the char. In the meantime I'll work with the new one.

______

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 am 
Producer

It was a great time last night - thanks all who attended, and I'll just note that this session will ALWAYS be open for anyone to commandeer for RP time or special events.

LM and I will be gone during June, but we'd like to see folks continuing to meet, so please do :).

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am 
Performer

I am very pleased to announce that I paved the way for the transaction, and my seasoned Hunter arrived to the Earthen Ring server last night :D He has dungeon runs aplenty in his to-do list (one of then gray but the reward sword is still needed), so he'll probably be keeping any and all willing adventurers busy for a while :wink:

I look forward to meeting you all properly over the next days, and of course in the tavern come Sunday :mrgreen:

______

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:54 pm 
Performer

As promised, I'll be around, prowling Stormwind, on the lookout for any friendly souls.

______

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:06 pm 
Performer

Sorry I missed last night; I hope it went well!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 am 
Performer

Feel like rolling up a dwarf to get in on this, but it’s hard to get the creative juices flowing. :( Anything you could suggest??

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:06 pm 
Producer

This one's hard to make suggestions for, as we're basically meeting in town at the bar to drink. :D (And I'm of the country with forum access but no WoW access until July 6th or so.) Pretty much anything will work here, save for some devotee of the Legion. (Or, at least, a blatant devotee of the Legion. If you're sneaky about it, that might work...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:49 pm 
Performer

Well, no worries. I roped in a friend and got him to help me brainstorm. :D That’s usually all I need - to get my ideas flowing, I need someone to bounce them off of. Otherwise they just fly off!

Anyway, I’ll probably work on it over the course of the week and join in next time. It’s a pretty simple but still detailed concept, so I can brush up on my roleplaying skills - it’s been a while.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 pm 
Performer

And if you need leveling help, I've got a laundry list of characters of different level brackets all over ER Alliance (and Horde). So just shoot me a PM if I can be of service.

Look forward to RP'ing with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:28 am 
Performer

How kind of you!! :D *gives you hugs* But I don’t think I’ll need it just yet. She’s a mage, and mages are hard to solo past Level 20 or so, but I only want her at 10 when I introduce her to everyone else’s characters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 pm 
Performer

Anybody feel like joining me in Stormwind Park tavern tonight?

______

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:41 pm 
Producer

Okay, now that I've settled down a bit more, I wouldn't mind getting this thing going again. The only issue is we may be doing a tabletop game on Sunday afternoons/evenings. (Though that might be a roving game night, covering both weekend days depending on when people can get together.)

So, is there still interest in a non-paced, alliance side RP group on ER? And if so, is there a night/time that might work for people?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:14 pm 
Producer

For now: Bennethal and Damari will be out at an inn, location TBD tonight - about 8PM EST, give or take the Tot's bedtime. We're thinking Kharanos unless folks have a better idea.

Please do feel free to join us for some tavern RP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next