Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm 
Performer

We've got about 7 people in the 40-42 range, and Skitch is definitely interested in leveling Aili all the way to 80, so I was wondering if there was any interest in more than just the 2 of us getting together at a regular time. Sundays at 3pm Eastern/server time were the old time, but it's subject to change of course.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm 
Producer

I'd be interested. Been ages since I checked in on AD though, so I can't recall what we were upto at the time or the current condition of Merweni.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 am 
Performer

My thought was that it would be sort of casual at first - the investigators' "Assignments" would just be whatever quests we all (or most of us) have. I might cook up something a bit more elaborate for Maraudon, and of course any time any of us was feeling creative and felt like writing a 2-4 week "mystery arc" we could always do that just for funz. Give us all a chance to be creative if we felt like it, and if not, just to hang out and barrel through quests together.

There is a lot of really fun NE-related stuff in Outland and I'd love to see our guys get involved heavily with the Cenarion Expedition and such.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 am 
Producer

Ah yes, the ol' Cenarion treehugger brigade.

In all the time I've been playing WoW I've pretty much ignored this bunch - probably becuase they unfortunately decided to use Silithus as their main quest/rep hub. I however, hate Silithus for pretty much the for the same reason I disliked Swamp of Sorrows. The quests are much higher than their color grading indicates and the mobs are way to thick. You can barely walk six feet before tripping over a scorpion, spider, worm, cultist, bug, ghost or getting jumped by a mounted patrol.

Still, they are people that Merweni would insist doing things for, so I was going to force myself to work that area for her benefit.

I had a vague plan that she'd first be 'doing stuff' for the Earthen Ring/Timbermaw in Felwood before migrating to Cenarion Circle in Silithus and then Cenarion Expedition in Outland.

/ramble off

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 pm 
Performer

I was thinking Felwood seemed the logical step after Feralas too, and I had always planned to take Galathis to Silithus, as I doubt I'll be doing it on ANY of my other characters (well, maybe Mishala, the dr00d). It probably won't be so bad with a group of us, as crowded mobs/difficult quests will not be an issue.

One of our druids will have to probably decide to dedicate him/herself to "tank" role given that we never did manage to retain a warrior. I'll talk to Skitch about it - he seems to like tanking, regardless of what class he's playing, coughcough. That way we'd pretty much always have tank/healer/rogue, since the three of us will be the most common attendees I believe. Bonus appearances by Annarin/Imrolane/Adorina/etc. will also be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm 
Retired

I would most definitely be interested in this, though my Sunday availability will probably be iffy until about mid-June. If that's the best time for everyone, when I can't be there, I'll just make sure I keep my level up.

Kel, as a general rule, is up for just about anything. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 pm 
Producer

I would love to start playing Imrolane again. Sunday's will be spotty for me, but I'll show up when I can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 pm 
Performer

For whatever it's worth, Aurek is on AD, and the night elves there LOVE him (well, he has exalted with Darnassus and rides a kitty now and again). If you need a horrendously over-leveled tank who can't speak Darnassian and will stare goggle-eyed at your womenfolk, he's your human. I love running old world content, so if you're ever short a man and could justify it IC (I know he and Galathis seemed to hit it off pretty well the few times they've met), let me know. :)

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 pm 
Performer

Location: San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol
Oh! Oh! Pick me! :)

Either Saturday or Sunday would be the best days for me, though preferably avoiding 2pm PST as I've been trying to win the fishing competition again on my new server. ;) Last time I checked Adorina was feral and should be a serviceable tank.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 am 
Extra

gretchen and I resurrected a pair of nelfs as DKs for this event, we even had a story line idea, if i remember right. however, being DKs thier a touch higher then the rest of you. so it optional.

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 am 
Performer

Given my current energy levels they'll probably catch up to me soon enough. :)

But yes, if you want something to investigate, What Happened to Them is a bona fide plot hook (though uh some of it may be obvious, oops.)

(And Leilra used to be such a *nice* girl.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:55 am 
Performer

Jester wrote:
Oh! Oh! Pick me! :)

Either Saturday or Sunday would be the best days for me, though preferably avoiding 2pm PST as I've been trying to win the fishing competition again on my new server. ;) Last time I checked Adorina was feral and should be a serviceable tank.

OMG!!! And here I was just posting in the nuts & bolts thread that I hadn't seen our feral tank around in a while - guess you were lurking! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I officially designate you tankage. This will free Skitch up to do his boom thang.

If we start right at noon PST (the old time) that would give you a couple hours before you have to do your fishin' thang. If we do instances we can start a bit earlier. Or we can shift the whole thing back an hour every week if that works better for peeps.

And yay for the two death knights, too! That'll give us tanking options. I suspect we'll be 60 pretty soonish, since Skitch gets a new computer at that point and so he will be motivated. Hehe. We can't meet this Sunday because Skitch will be in Rome, but we could start next Sunday if everyone's up for it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:56 am 
Performer

Gretchen wrote:
Given my current energy levels they'll probably catch up to me soon enough. :)

But yes, if you want something to investigate, What Happened to Them is a bona fide plot hook (though uh some of it may be obvious, oops.)

(And Leilra used to be such a *nice* girl.)

Poor Leilra! Lath will be so sad. And yes, we should definitely look into their "disappearance" at some point. We'll figure out more details as we get closer to 60. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:02 am 
Performer

I will poke Zoltec so we finish off the quest area. :)

They'll come out at around 58 or 59.

We've already sketched out what happened with just this sort of thing in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am 
Performer

Funsauce! We are currently level 42 and will begin leveling regularly a week from Sunday. When we get to about the 55 range I will poke you guys and start setting up the pacing of the "clues" and whatnot so we can find you, and the abominations you have become. Oh the dray-ma!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next