Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:32 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:10 am 
Producer

Okay, option C it is.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 pm 
Performer

Repeating options since we're on a new page:

So please vote for:

OPTION A: Zul'Farrak Nov 1, Sunken Temple Nov 8
OPTION B: Sunken Temple Nov 1
OPTION C: Zul'Farrak Nov 8, Sunken Temple Nov 15
OPTION D: Sunken Temple Nov 8

Skitch and I will reserve our votes til we see what everyone else wants.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 pm 
Performer

Location: San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol
I like running dungeons, so I vote for doing Zul'Farrak first. As for when, I don't really care. I'm fine doing it the 1st or pushing it back to the 8th.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 pm 
Performer

Ok, looks like option C will be best, then, unless Spicey objects. I know Skitch doesn't care if we wait another week, and I think he was interested in seeing Zul'Farrak (he never has).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 pm 
Performer

Another thing I'm considering is changing the structure of the pacer a bit so that we basically structure it around instances. I'm trying to reduce my number of weekly commitments what with upcoming babyness, so I was thinking of something like this:

1. We set a target "next instance" and I do the research for what quests are needed etc.

2. We also set a minimum level for people to participate (probably min. level for highest quest for that instance).

3. Whenever 5 people (solo or in pairs or trios or whatever) arrive at the minimum level, we schedule the instance for the next Sunday that everyone is available.

This will allow Skitch and I to level basically whenever the baby is sleeping instead of trying to hold to a regular weekly time, but will still give all five of us an opportunity to all get together every so often to do and see content we couldn't do with less than 5. On scheduled instance days I guess I'll either do the instance with a baby strapped to my chest or we'll hope she happens to be asleep. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:12 pm 
Producer

If your computer chair has good armrests it is very much possible to do instances while feeding Holly. You just need a good set of pillows and a Boppy or similar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:53 pm 
Performer

Ayradyss wrote:
If your computer chair has good armrests it is very much possible to do instances while feeding Holly. You just need a good set of pillows and a Boppy or similar.

We do have one like that. And tons of pillows! Hehe. And luckily Galathis is mostly icing on our three-druid (feral/resto/boomkin) + hunter cake anyway, so if my hands are a bit busy I doubt anyone will notice. Autoattack ftw >.>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:55 pm 
Performer

Boppys are the greatest thing ever. That is all.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 pm 
Performer

Location: San Diego, California, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol
What is a Boppy? The name implies something that you hit people with, but that's not a very socially acceptable thing to do to babies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:16 pm 
Producer

It's a horseshoe-shaped pillow that is sized to fit around an average woman's hips/waist. You can rest a baby on it while breastfeeding. Later on, it's good for babies who are learning to sit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 pm 
Producer

Option C works for me.

I don't mind restructuring the pacer, either. It's often enough that I can't attend that a looser structure will make me look better. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:58 pm 
Performer

Ok, looks like our next to-do is Zul'Farrak on Nov 8. We're all at-level for it so you guys can just relax for a bit unless you feel the urge to play. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:25 pm 
Performer

Just a reminder that we'll be doing Zul'Farrak this Sunday (the 8th) at the usual time (3pm Eastern/server, noon Pacific). Meeting up in Gadgetzan.

If anyone with more of a brain wants to post regarding quests prereqs etc., please do so soonish so that everyone will have time to do anything that needs to be done before Sunday. If no one has posted quest info by Friday I will try to do the research myself, though I'm spread a bit thin at present.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 pm 
Producer

Divino-matic Rod (Gadgetzan) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2768

Gahz'rilla (Shimmering Flats) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2770

Nekrum's Medallion (part of the quest chain started in Airie Peak to find the missing gryphon) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2991

Scarab Shells (Gadgetzan, possibly starts with Krazek in Booty Bay thought that may be optional) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2865

Troll Temper (Gadgetzan) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3042

Tiara of the Deep (Tabetha in Dustwallow) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2846

The Prophecy of Mosh'aru (troll at Steamwheedle Port) http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3527
Note: You need to do the Screetcher Spirits quest first (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3520) before he gives you the Zul'Farrak one.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:25 pm 
Performer

Ok, so find the gryphon in Aerie Peak chain thing, Kill screecher spirits, everything else should be sharable?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next