Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:30 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 pm 
Producer

We'll see what everyone wants to do tonight but can everyone let me know if they have done the silithid quests in the southern barrens and thousand needles?

I might have done the ones in southern barrens and I think it's needed to take you to the thousand needles quest.

Also, at some point would anyone like to run Razorfen Downs in the future. I think I may want to head in there at some point soon - in a few levels or so if we can't do it now.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=868
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1145
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1148

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 am 
Performer

As requested, here's a little bit of background on Aminyara, who is soon to join War Stories (if I ever get her leveled!). This is supposed to basically be what the rest of the regiment would know, but if you want more details for story purposes or if the story doesn't fit right, feel free to let me know.

Name: Aminyara Essanrani
Background: Born and brought up in Fairbreeze Village with her parents and two sisters, all of whom are still alive and well. Studied magic at the Falithrien Academy and became competent, if not brilliant. Bored to tears by her parents' idea of the perfect life for a young and magically gifted elf (i.e. move to Silvermoon and start climbing the social ladder), she decided to leave and find her own future instead.

1) What is your relationship with Ghedd Bloodaxe? She has a healthy respect for his tactical and battle skills, and is eternally grateful to him for taking a chance on a very young and totally unknown girl when she needed somewhere to go. She doesn't know him particularly well as a person, though.

2) In what capacity did your serve under Ghedd, your field of expertise? Mage make things go boom! :P More seriously, she has learned to adapt her training and has become a very passable battle mage. In addition, her creative brain finds plenty of ways to create diversions and destroy structures; the ability to start a fire without being present is quite a useful trick at times.

3) When and Why did you join the regiment? She joined at the time the blood elves sent their forces to join the armies of the Horde...and she was assigned to Ghedd because her own commanders had discovered that she wasn't actually trained as a battle mage at all.

4) When and Why did you leave the regiment? Remember we all had to serve together at one point.* She left the regiment voluntarily (but one step ahead of being discharged) after her right hand was badly burned in a counterspell that went wrong. Neither she nor the healers thought she would regain its use, so she went home.

5) Any other relationships among the other members of the group? (Public and/or Private) Being a friendly soul, she gets on well with a majority of people. No particularly deep friendships to date.

6) What was the funniest/silliest thing that happened during your time with the group? ** She has fond memories of an egg hunt in Brill during one Noblegarden festival...memories involving bunny ears and a great deal of chocolate!

7) What was the scariest thing that happened during your time with the group?** A mission in Dustwallow Marsh, where she somehow became separated from the regiment and thought - for a very long day and night - that they had not noticed and that she wouldn't be able to find them again. Between ghosts, Alliance outposts and believing she was on her own out there, it was a very frightened Aminyara that finally encountered the wide scouts the next morning. Although she was genuinely frightened, the scouts thought it was immensely amusing and never let her forget it.

8) A secret (if you have any) that the whole group knows about. It wasn't a secret at the time, but her injured hand certainly is something she wants to keep as discreet as possible now. The entire group (those who were with the regiment then) is more or less aware of what happened, but she still tries to pretend to outsiders that there was never anything wrong, and quite often succeeds. She'd pretend to the regiment too if she could, but that's obviously a bit less successful.

9) What have you done since you left the regiment? She returned home, spent time with her family and - to her surprise - gradually recuperated from her injury to the point where her hand is now essentially fully functional again. She also acquired a pet named Flair (her family's attempt to give her one more reason to stay and settle down) and has developed her skills in fine mage-work to a slightly more advanced degree. Once her hand was better, though, nothing her family could say would keep her at home.

I'll also post a personality diamond for her on the other thread, since I've finally finished one. If there's anything that glaringly doesn't fit, please let me know - I'm still getting my head around all the details :)

Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. - Muhammad Ali

http://eightpaws.wordpress.com - the voice of inexperience!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:26 am 
Producer

Love it!

Thanks, Sionel. And welcome to War Stories!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:02 pm 
Performer

I won't be able to make it this week, sorry. Aminyara's only level 27 anyway, so it probably doesn't matter that much! I'm moving house over the next couple weeks and will try to be here, but I'll let you know if not...

Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. - Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm 
Producer

No worries. We'll be around. Just keep us updated, if possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm 
Performer

At this point, the availability looks like being as follows:

23rd - Probably not (moving that day!)
30th - Unlikely, as my internet company is slooooow in getting set up, but if I have net I can use then I'll be there.

After that it should be back to normal, hopefully. I will have dialup in the meantime, so I'll update if anything changes. Sorry to be so unpredictable :S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:14 pm 
Producer

LM and I may or may not be there this week, as we will be at one of my conferences. Depends on how late things go and how much I want to get up for the 7 am session.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm 
Producer

No worries everyone. Come as you can.

There are some bad storms coming my way. If I am not there tonight then you will know why...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 am 
Producer

My new baby boy is here!! I've posted it three times now - so you can't miss it - :wink:

War Stories is officially on hold for now until I get my schedule down with the new baby.

Sorry for the late notice. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 pm 
Performer

Since this is the last Friday before school starts back up, I think some roleplay tonight would be nice. Next Friday I will probably have all kinds of homework and schedule worries, so at least for tonight I think I will be around on Aliste at regular WS time, despite the hiatus. You can poke me for RPs if you wish. :)

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:35 pm 
Producer

It figures - the night I can't dredge up enough energy to sit at a desk you dangle tantalizing arpeez in front of me. :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm 
Performer

Congratulations jaw :D Somewhat late, but never mind!

I'm now back around properly again, and available if anyone wants to play. Unfortunately when I moved house, my ISP and phone company made so many mistakes that I had a whole month without internet. *growl* However, all is fixed now.

I might even use the hiatus to get Ami properly up to level...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 am 
Producer

Just in case you missed my away post, War Stories is effectively cancelled.

Thanks to everyone who made war stories so enjoyable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21