Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jumping Right In
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm 
Performer

I have character space now -- just need date and time and I'm there! Will create a character for this one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm 
Performer

I think we must be able to find a happy medium between Sisters of Elune and Earthen Ring.

Byrd- Do you have characters on any lower population servers?

As for Bloodmyst Isle, I see what you mean; I didn't realize that so many of the quests were draenei only. That'll have to go in the better in theory than practice folder.

In honor of human month, we could do something human/defias brotherhood based?

As always, I'm very new here and open to suggestions; my motivation for trying to start a pacer was not to be king of the pacer so much as get something started that one could join at a low level.

I can't help but notice that we've got three people right now; it seems to be a slow time for DP? - Do you guys think we should go ahead as a mini-pacer, or put this on hold for a bit until there's a little bit more activity?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 pm 
Performer

I have 45 characters of varying levels (most over level 20). I'll create something. Just need time and place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm 
Performer

Okay, awesome.

So let's stick with the original plan of next Thursday, 9/16, at 9:30 PM EST on Sisters of Elune.

Why don't we meet at the dock on Azuremyst Isle.

I will be a gnome warrior named Ixie, Mythiene will be a Draenei of some sort, and Byrd will be something awesome.

And if anyone else wants to join up between now and then, they will also be awesome.

Oh, almost forgot. Let's be around level 10-12 or so.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 pm 
Producer

I've got a level 60 draenei DK and other various characters on sisters of elune. I -may- drop by. Don't count on it. However, I should have gold and items to parcel out if need arises and also a signature if you want to get a guild built. Eventually.

Good luck. I did the same thing myself - starting a pacer.

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm 
Performer

Cool. I'll look forward to seeing you in game, if not Thursday then another time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:08 pm 
Performer

My character, so that Byrd can know, is a draenei shaman named Silonaa. :)

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:03 pm 
Performer

I'll try to post a description of Ixie, which may or may not be in diamond or other geometric form, in the next day or so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm 
Performer

Look for the warrior, Neith. She's level 6 right now but that'll change.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm 
Performer

Should I switch to a cloth-wearing class so we're not warrior-tastic?

Edit: If two of the three of us are going to be Draenei, would it make sense to just ditch the "travellers from all over" concept and all be Draenei? I could be a Draenei mage. Or maybe a priest...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm 
Performer

I guess two warriors could work. I don't know what you wanted to do for professions, I've been leveling mining/blacksmithing but I don't mind rolling or alternating on ore. What spec were you thinking of? I had imagined Ixie as protection, so would you consider one of the damage specs?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 pm 
Performer

Look for the paladin, Merinit, then. Just started her, but she'll be a healadin. I'll do herbalism and alchemy unless someone's doing (I can easily switch to inscription if someone's got alch.) OR JC. I like JC as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:57 pm 
Performer

Byrd, you should discuss your character choice with Dreaming first, not after creation. Although she (?) seems to be content with anything you choose to do, she is the leader and you would be following her plot during the pacer meetings. Making sure that your concept works with that is important.

I know, I am really rude. I do apologize. :( But I think her intention was for us all to be of different races, and I volunteered to be our draenei, which means we already have one...

Edit: Just for the record, that does not mean I want you to change your character again. That would probably be bad. We will just deal with whatever we have.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm 
Performer

Eeek! My bad! I don't know the protocol on these things.

I'm so sorry, Dreaming -- novice blundering about here!

Okay... both characters are nuked. What class/race do you need to make this work and I'll roll 'em up and get them to 12 or more by Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 pm 
Performer

Okay, don't worry Byrd, I think what has happened here is that I (more of a novice than you! :P ) have not done enough good decisive leadership stuff, because I don't know the protocols either so I was just trying to be as flexible as possible.

So let me try to state what I was thinking of more clearly. What I had initially imagined (this imagining was based on more like 5+ people) was a group of non-draenei who all travelled to Draenei lands for different reasons (because I thought the interplay of those different motivations would be neat). So of course they would meet a Draenei or two while they were there, but what I didn't say clearly earlier was that I was thinking of a non-Draenei to Draenei ratio of something like 3:1.

I also imagined the group being fairly balanced in terms of roles.

So I would like to be the tanky one, and Mythiene is a Shaman, so even if she does dps she's got some healy spells and I don't think we need a dedicated healer (unless you really want to be one.)

So, if you could be:
Some kind of DPS or DPS/heals
Not a Draenei or a Gnome
Not a warrior or a shaman
Not a blacksmith (don't know what Mythiene's profs are I don't think)

However:
1) Particularly because of the issue of Draenei only quests, if a Draenei is really what you want to be, it would be fun to play Ixie as the lone tiny gnome among tall Draenei.
2) To be honest, I just really want to play, so if you were to say that what you really wanted to do was play as forsaken alchemists, I would roll a forsaken:P

Anyhow, I'm sorry that my indecisiveness has caused you to keep needing to roll new characters. I'm looking forward to playing on Thursday (I better plan so I can live up to this whole decisive leader thing). :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next