Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:40 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jumping Right In
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 am 
Performer

Sorry this is a little late, but I had a great time on Thursday! I think we ended up with a great mix of characters. Speaking of which, welcome, Shadowsong!

For next Thursday, the pacer level will remain 10-12ish, and I'd love for the group to be able to strike out and do some quests. I'd like to do the Kessel's Crossing quests, so for those of you who are questing/have quested in Azuremyst, picking up Elekks Are Serious Business might be a good idea.

Anyhow, awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 pm 
Performer

It was fun, indeed! I'm trying to not go TOO over the top with the tree hugging bit. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 pm 
Producer

aw, poop. i forgot today was Thursday. I usually have Friday's off from work but this week I took Tuesday and it screwed up my whole week.

sorry dreaming.

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 pm 
Performer

Ixie and Silonaa had a nice chat tonight, in which Ixie learned about the elements and Silonaa both voiced an opinion and asked a question.

It seemed to me that three would be a good minimum number for advancing the story quest-wise, so if someone else was able to make it next week and make my dream of heading to Kessel's Crossing a reality, I would be the happiest gnome warrior in all of Kalimdor.

Anyhow, a couple things.

1) Myth brought to my attention this pacer's lack of a name. Here is how I thought our name would come about: We, having met by chance, would adventure together through the Bloodmyst Isle quests. At that point, the group would decide that we make a rather good team, and form some sort of group/guild/league, which would have a name. Problems are: a) we need one sooner than that b) I can't think of any good names. Ideas? I thought it might be based on some ideal or belief we all have in common.

2) Since we don't all use RP mods, I thought it would be super neat if we could each post a description of our character, so we all have a better idea of who we're looking at. Ixie's will be posted below in just a moment.

In conclusion, pacer level remains 10-12 for next week, and we'll meet at the Elekks in front of the Exodar.

P.S. Shadowsong, if you're still leveling and want some company, there's no reason why Ixie can't do a couple green quests before then. Let me know, I'm available to play most evenings.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm 
Performer

No problem Jaw. Hope to see you next week!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm 
Performer

And in my third post for the night, Ixie:

Ixie is tall for a gnome, although short for anything else, standing just above shoulder-high to a dwarf. Her skin is tan, as if she spends a great deal of time outdoors. This contrasts with her hair, which is a pale yellow that looks white in some lights. Peering out from under the close-cropped spikes of her bangs, her eyes are a piercing green-blue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Performer

Agh! I put Thursday on my schedule now.

===================
Vucari Thundersong
She grew up in a small clanholding settlement called Youngleaf, close to the site of the current Warsong battlefield. Her clan was known for their ability to shape living wood. Their specialty was shaping large pieces -- buildings -- and some of her ancestors helped shape the wooden structures in Darnassus and worked on the great Bank tree.

She's a spiritual, naive, goofy, passionate ecologist. Her cat, Ranger, is a yellow tabby that had been thrown off a passing ship. They are inseperable buddies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:12 pm 
Performer

That's really interesting; I wonder what spec you are planning for her, as the woodshaping history makes me think of resto trees.

Lore question: are night elven buildings made of living wood?

Could you post a physical description as well?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 pm 
Performer

I'll probably dual-spec her for healing and DPS. Might make her a boomkin. Kinda depends on what the needs are.

Some of the Kaldorei buildings look as though they're living wood (like the bank.) There's lots of other little things that appear to be made from living material as well. I figured SOMEone had to do that, so... why not her ancestors?

Her looks? Vucari is very ordinary. Average height, average weight, average looks, average skin, average mid-length purple hair. The only unusual thing about her is that she keeps her buddy, Ranger, with her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:34 pm 
Performer

Anyone home? I was going to post a reminder earlier as we're not up on the events list yet, but the forums were down:(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:58 am 
Producer

Dreamingofatree,

Well, you've definitely got the enthusiasm and following needed. :D

Please make sure you have read the event overview thread (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3155) are cool with the formalities of running a DP event as stated and post the info requested in the overview thread. I or another producer (most likely me :roll: ) will get you added as soon as you give us all the info needed for the call sheet marquee in one place.

Thanks,

Jane Doe

Oh, Lord above
Send down a dove
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throats
Of them there blokes
What sells bad beer
To sailors

Meet my characters or see my hello post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:46 am 
Performer

Just a reminder for tonight's meeting at 9:30-11:30 Eastern. I was alone last week so this week I'd really like to A) talk about a name for the group B) head to Kessel's Crossing!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm 
Performer

I'm there already. I'm running Hauhet (death knight) to avoid leveling Vucari.

Last edited by Byrd on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 pm 
Performer

I may be there. I just joined a new raiding guild on my main, and I am on probationary status for a short while until they get used to me, so I’m not allowed to skip raids. Once I get off, I can decide which days I will raid with them, but at the moment they expect that I will be there every raid night.

That said, I’m not sure if we’re raiding tonight or not. Hard to say since we’ve lost a couple of people, and the guild master’s upset that we can’t fill a roster for 25-man now.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm 
Performer

I was so excited about our new name and meeting time that I posted them in the Brown Book Thread by mistake:P

So here they are:

Name: Leap of Faith

Time: 9:30-11:30 ET on SUNDAY!!

Awesomeness: Awesome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next