Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:56 am 
Performer

*grin* Awesomeness maxed, yes!

Damornan Nesingwary's description and brief bio.

Born with about as tenuous a connection to the famous Hemet as you can get and still have the same name, Damornan is a fairly average looking dwarf. His skin is usually ruddy from being outdoors in the cold and wind. Black hair and beard are usually a little bit shaggy, but clean. He's obviously well muscled from plenty of hard work, and is most at home staring down the sights of his rifle at a charging something or other. He's a couple of inches shorter than most other dwarves, but slightly stockier to make up for it.

Basically, he's out to prove to the world that he can make his own way without trading on his famous clansman's name any more than he absolutely has to. At the same time, the Nesingwary bloodline is one for the hunt... And that is shared with him in full measure.

Looking forwards to Sunday!

"My first real field assignment. Over the course of the evening, I've been chewed on and been the subject of romantic advances by our client, whom we also shot. I crossed state lines wedged between a lion and a pair of assassins. I had a tea party with homicidal robots, and I ruined my nylons. Judging by some of the reports I've had to file, it could've been much worse."

~Tip, from "Skin Horse"http://www.webcomicsnation.com/shaenongarrity/skinhorse/series.php

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:32 pm 
Performer

A couple things I realized I should post because people cannot read my mind.

When the pacer goes up on the call sheet, it'll say 9-11 because we can only have full hour increments, but the meeting time remains 9:30-11:30 ET.

I'd love to do that naga quest, so it would be great if people could do the Kessel Run quest quick before the meeting. I'll be there early to keep people OOC company if they want to do it then.

We'll also probably do Princess Stillpine then, so if you want to talk to her, the totem quest to learn the Stillpine language is pretty awesome anyhow:P

We're not doing sand pears, so totally optional whether you do that on your own or not.

Puppies and sunshine!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 pm 
Performer

...where is everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:59 pm 
Performer

Working on a memoir for my sophomore English class. I would have put it aside and shown up for the pacer, except... I forgot about the meeting. I usually rely on alerts from my cell phone and, uh, happened to accidentally leave it muted.

Stupidest excuse in the world, but there you go. Be there next week, barring any Halloween night plans.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 pm 
Performer

Should I send out reminder PMs? Also, would it be possible to PM me if people know they're not coming? I don't mean to be needy, but this was the second week that no one came, and it's cool if people have other stuff but I'd rather know that people aren't coming, rather than waiting around in case someone is just late.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm 
Performer

Yes, go ahead and send me a reminder. Please send it early (sometime around or before 3:00 PM Eastern) because I am most likely to check the forums earlier in the day.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 am 
Producer

Sending a reminder PM is sometimes a good idea as an event is getting started especially; that way you as the event planner have a chance to plan appropriately :)

It's also a good way to "check in" with group members to make sure needs/wants/character goals are being articulated and met. You're not being needy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Producer

Producer NOTE:
I noticed that dreamingofatree has decided to move on from DP. Just a heads up for people who are involved in this pacer who may not have seen her 'I'm outa here' post.

Game on.

Sword42

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:21 am 
Performer

Ah well. I didn't invest too much into my characters there, so I'll probably recycle them.