Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:41 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm 
Performer

Had a huge fiasco tonight where, after a brief stop at a gas station to fill up the gas tank, our car’s battery suddenly and abruptly died. We spent what must have been more than an hour waiting on help to arrive and then trying to jump-start the battery... by the time I made it home, the RP had long since begun, I was exhausted, and I still have an appointment in the early morning tomorrow.

One I may not make, I grant you, as we still don’t have a working car.

But either way, even though I was also gone last week and the week before that, I decided to skip out this time as well. Sorry, all.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 pm 
Performer

Which quests did everyone finish up last week?

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:38 pm 
Performer

We didn't complete any quests I don't think, we just took a stroll through darkshore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 am 
Performer

Big thanks to Art and JC for coming out on Sunday! Yeardleigh, Moryarti, and Gavain hopped on a ship for a boys' night out in Stormwind, where we searched for records of Yeardleigh's missing parents. Along the way, we ran into a pair of fantastic RPers from the guild Lionsblood and ended up having a great time with some unplanned pick-up RP as they took the Gilneans on a tour of the city and helped them locate the records office.

We're meeting up with them again this Thursday at 8 for a round of drinks, if anyone wants to join in!

Otherwise, questing continues normally in Darkshore this coming Sunday, same wolf time, same wolf channel. Join us for ghostbusting and bear rescues!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 am 
Performer

Hey Guys!

I will be unable to attend happy hour in Stormwind today due to meetings and sessions with clients. Drink up me hearties and have jolly good time.

Oh! Vincent's new 'shop' is located in the Dwarven District, Mining Guildhall (Where the mining trainer is), upstairs. Not a toy shop... so, IC for today, Vincent is checking out his new place with one of his associates.

See yuz guyz on Sunday!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 pm 
Performer

Welp, you won't be seeing me tonight. I made the mistake of getting my sleeping schedule all caddywumpus, so I'm pretty much wiped out right now. Sorry about that. >_o

As for an IC reason for Yeardleigh not to be there, let's say he left a note somewhere at least one of the Hounds -- probably Gavain -- could find it. Yeardleigh went back to elf land to look for his dog. Probably no surprise, considering the dog's essentially been without her buddy for X days. He'll be back in "a couple days", minimum.

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 am 
Performer

not going to be there tonight. out of country and will return the next weekend

have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 pm 
Performer

A very belated thanks to everyone for the fun times these past few weeks. I have been ridiculously busy IRL and haven't been able to be on the boards as much as I should -- heck, I was even late for pacer last night.

But the last few meetings have been really fun, very intimate opportunities for RP -- I miss our huge pack, of course, but after the craziness of escaping Gilneas it's really been a treat to have some smaller, slower-paced sessions. The "boys' night out" in Stormwind a few weeks back was great, and last week Gavain and Moryarti had the opportunity to find some unlikely common ground. Last night, Amthelia made her stylish return with a lovely new fox companion, and Yeardleigh finally located the long-missing Dame -- though in what shape she is remains to be seen.

Thanks for keeping me company with these great characters despite my lack of reliable updates on the boards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:28 am 
Performer

As several folks have mentioned that they have family plans or will be traveling tonight, we'll take a break tonight in observance of the holiday. Next week we will sink our claws back in to Darkshore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 pm 
Performer

Now seems as good a time as any to announce this. I'll be taking my leave from the pacer, and subsequently World of Warcraft, in about a week. I won't be participating in next Sunday's events, but I did have Yeardleigh [url=http://forums.dramatis-personae.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7373]send Gavain a letter[/i], which I assume he'll share with the others so they're up on things. (A copy was sent to him in-game as well, as it says there, just to keep things "real". X3) It's been a lot of fun, folks, but I just don't put enough time into World of Warcraft to keep with it these days. So, I'll be seeing you folks in likely a few months, when I'm jonesing for some Azerothian action. :3

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:51 pm 
Performer

Best Wishes, JC!

It was a pleasure RPing with you. Yeardleigh was a fascinating character and brought tons of colour and fun to the Hounds. Moryarti will miss him and may even become a bit morose over it. Of course, he may put a hit out on him too. :D

Take care and we'll see you when you return

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:11 pm 
Performer

Take care, Doc, and don't worry -- we'll leave the light on for you. :)

I completely get where you're coming from, by the way -- my own interest in WoW tends to wax and wane depending on a lot of factors (chiefly how much free time I have; I'm much more selective about what I do when I have less, and that often means video games get left in the dust).

Still, Art is absolutely correct -- Yeardleigh will be very missed. Thanks so much for making him and playing with us!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:32 pm 
Performer

We'll hold off tonight in honor of Mother's Day, but I'd like to touch base with everyone still involved with the pacer and see what interest there is in continuing things.

We definitely got done what we set out to do: get through the worgen intro quests in style. :D I know I had a blast, and I hope everyone else did too. Now, though, the worgen storyline in-game has pretty much ended, and folks have drifted away as they inevitably do. I'd love to keep things rolling if there's still avid interest, but I'm also fine with letting things cool off for awhile and perhaps running it as a non-paced group, with RP meet-ups (honestly, those RP-centric sessions we've had recently in Stormwind and Darnassus may be my favorites).

Just share your thoughts, either by posting or by PM, and we'll figure out a good direction for the Hounds. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:31 pm 
Performer

I would love to keep things going. I enjoyed the creation of Moryarti's story and his integration into the group. However, I am now at every other weekend due to baseball tournaments. This weekend I am OFF, so had planned on being there. I will still show and see who else may be on.

Maybe, this time slot moves into the "dungeon dogs" idea and simply do instances. Great group, was so much fun being a part of it, but you are right - Worgen experience ends and it is now into the regular stuff.

I am still good at this time slot every other weekend through August

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 pm 
Performer

I've gotten another vote via PM to keep things rolling, so that's good enough for me. :)

Sorry about tonight, Art -- definitely meet up if you can! I just won't be back on my home computers before then.

Maybe moving to an "every other weekend" schedule might be a good way to keep things going without the risk of leaving others too far behind or having people burn out. It seems to work well for the gnome pacer -- that thing has been going forever!

In fact, gnomes and forsaken are the two longest-running pacers on DP, and Deborah runs both of them. She's a genius!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next