Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 pm 
Extra

I'm thinking about joining this. I have a concept for a goblin warrior. My schedule is pretty open right now but it might change in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:00 pm 
Performer

Maybe I'm getting ahead of everyone with this question, but...how would this pacer work, exactly? Given the storyline for the Bilgewater Cartel, it doesn't seem like the kind of thing a handful of goblins can all do at once altogether. I mean, even if they all have ambitions of becoming the next Trade Prince, how would they work cooperatively in the terms of the pacer to achieve their goal? Most goblins are not known for their teamwork, after all.

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 pm 
Performer

One idea that sprang to my mind would require a little bit of cooperative handwaving on the part of the pacer participants, but basically you select one member (the most obvious choice would be the pacer leader) to be the boss. All other characters in the pacer would be members of his staff, helping him achieve his goals in the hopes that they are hitching themselves to his rising star. Thus, when you get quest text about "you" working to be the next trade-prince, everyone just takes that to be referencing the boss character.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:29 pm 
Performer

Finn I had a thought like that and you beat me to it! From the way it seems that goblin society works in the starter quests, I think it would be great fun to set up a whole network of assistants, sycophants, and assorted hanger-ons.

My goblin is named Sizzi and will be a warlock. Probably demonology specced. She's not the most profit-driven of goblins, although she is of course planning ways to monetize an army of demon minions. She's more of a "more explosions!" type, along the lines of "Hey, look what I can do! What, you don't think summoning an intrinsically evil being from the nether is a good idea? What could go wrong?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:30 pm 
Performer

^ That's one of my favorite parts about playing a goblin -- rationalizing their class within the goblin ethos.

My goblin warlock Jarwoc used to write contracts for the Keza-Cola company. One of his summoning macros is "Shoulda read the fine print, ((demon name))! Now get out here and HELP ME!"

It's ALL contracts, baby. ;)

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 pm 
Performer

Quote:
^ That's one of my favorite parts about playing a goblin -- rationalizing their class within the goblin ethos.

Oh I agree! That's the fun of it. Figit is a greedy gold loving goblin rogue. He has huge dreams of being Trade Prince, but knowing that it is a mostly far-fetched dream, prefers to scheme behind the scenes. He runs a soda shop, skims off the top and deals in black market goods from the shadows of his storefront.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm 
Extra

Eh, won't be much of a problem to me. The character I'm planning would basically be a hired goon who's simply not smart enough to earn profit on his own. He's basically too honest and doesn't understand anything about buying and selling. Basically, he's the guy the other characters can have fun taking advantage of. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm 
Producer

I haven't quite wrestled my RL plot complications to the ground, but hope to be throwing out scheduling ideas this weekend and seeing what sticks.

Also pondering whether my character would rather be the Trade Prince, or have someone else as target, er figurehead. Thinking of the Consortium Nexus Prince who says "If you're here to try to kill me, please take a number and wait your turn."

Guild names:

Potential
BeGood
Ogrimar Home Finance (one of my favorite real guild names to see on Shadow Council, now defunct it seems)
TargetDemographic
Explosions

Suggestions welcome, especially weird ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:59 pm 
Performer

I think I might enjoy this. I'd have to come up with a character, of course, but I'd definitely be interested.

If you can read this, please click here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm 
Performer

I would love to join you folks. So, it looks like Wyrmrest Accord on Saturdays? That would be perfect for me. We just need to nail down a time and a start date. I scouted out the race and some of the quests on Shadow Council (where all my horde characters are!) It looks like we'll have to pace this very closely, since nearly every step is phased.

I am really excited about doing this together. Who shall take the lead?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm 
Performer

I'm so excited about playing a goblin, I went ahead and put together a character concept. I would put it on the wiki - but I am not a 'performer.' So here it goes...

Introducing… Koristna Sparklefist!

Game detail: female goblin hunter on Wyrmrest Accord, marksman specced. She’ll be an herbalist / alchemist. She hasn't yet been in play.

Koristna is excited by new opportunities to gain massive amounts of moolah, and she does her own market research to those ends. She made a killing selling candy-coated fireworks – the stuff that rains candy after the explosion? Remember that rage? Brilliant. And of course she loves to show off her easily acquired riches. She thinks letting gold sit and collect dust in a vault is a waste of good gold. What, expecting hard times? Never! Might as well spend it all on lots o’stuff, the bigger and shinier, the better, and flaunt flaunt flaunt! As they say, you’ve got to look like a bazillionare in order to be a bazillionaire.

She loves all manner of sports that involve shooting things, although Kezan is certainly not known for its big game hunting – unless you count the Trade Princes themselves. She likes to sharpen those marksmen skills at every chance she gets. She will shoot into the air to gain the attention of workers. Lazy? Not on her watch! Bam! On your feet! Time is money! She also enjoys the company of her sharp clawed crab pal, Clapper. He’s also a great motivator.

Koristna yearns for a profitable partnership, er… romantic relationship. Same thing, right? Now, you might not expect a goblin could ever be romantic, and with good reason too. She lets her guard down around handsome and especially wealthy goblin men. What do you expect happens? Right – they take monetary advantage of her. Won’t she ever learn that the most handsome and wealthiest ones are the most heartless? Wake up Koristna! Though she is too plucky to be discouraged, she will try the next guy. And the next. They seem to line up for her. Wonder why? She knows she’ll be lucky one day.

Capitalizing on her engineering background, she has taken up a new hobby: the fully mechanized distillation of exotic spirits. Admittedly, she has little physical tolerance for alcohol. That simply means she won’t blow a ton of gold on consumption of excellent, high priced spirits – though she will eagerly show off her vast collection. She is constantly looking for new ingredients so that she may concoct the best, most potent, most tasty liquor ever. Something that will send a goblin – or anyone for that matter – into a deep Azerothian orbit. So far, distilled magnesium spiced tropical fish scale oil just didn’t hit the mark. She’ll get the perfect recipe one day. Karistna Gold Label, Exclusive Blend has a nice ring to it. She’ll make a mint on the open market, just you wait and see. She is betting those infamous Alliance lushes will go for it, big time. “Humans. In. Space!” What a concept! Thank you Kaja’Cola!

I warmly welcome others to put together their own goblin characters. Can't wait to play - I'm chomping on the bit. Shall we make it this coming Saturday?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:45 pm 
Producer

My apologies, I was run over by a hovercraft full of eels, er by real life plot complications.

Unfortunately they were not Amusing plot complications (I have various sea creature allergies and should avoid fish and eels), but got past these adds, and looks like I should be back to my usual and customary game time this month. Whew.

I’ll compile names, classes and such over the week for a summary on the first post of the thread – and we can work on details.

Wyrmrest Accord – A-O.K for everyone?

Saturday evening is my most consistently reliable time. I see the Limited Edition New Race Pacer for Worgen meets 8 to 10 PM Sunday, Eastern Time I’m off on the Pacific Coast, and so would 9 to 11 PM Saturday Eastern Time work for you all? That would be 6 PM my time, and lets me get a reasonable amount of stuff done during broad daylight, and supper ready to eat one-handed while gaming.

I see a two-part story of first meeting Goblins at their most Gobliny home habitat, (the starting level quests), then the abrupt and awkward and opportunity for miscommunication meeting and adopting to life in the Horde (Aszhara) finishing up about level 20 when they have adjusted to their new environment, found new customers and “this will make us rich! What could possibly go wrong?” opportunities and are ready to ride off in tricycles into the sunset.

I would like to do a Mage/Engineer who is frustrated by existing stinginess of funding sources (“That fools! Don’t they realize how awesome my turbo-fribulizer will be!) and would like to help raise up a new Trade Prince with more conveniently accessible pockets.

In the durable GM habit of farming out as much work to the players as possible, I’d be interested in a volunteer from the audience to be our official Trade Prince Candidate that we are supporting with our various motives (surely he/she should think “With friends like these ….”).

To be continued in easy installments as the weekend progresses.

Lyndon the Long Lost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm 
Producer

When you get a date and time, PM or Email me and I'll set it up on the Call Sheet. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:57 pm 
Producer

I'll be on WA for about an hour tonight (6-7 PM Pacific time 9-10 eastern) just looking around, getting ideas, and perhaps cackling. Will be in channel but character name(s) subject to change without prior notice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm 
Performer

That time works for me, and I've been wanting to try out WA for a while, so...yay!