Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 am 
Performer

With the Lich King dead and the demonic usurpers rooted out, the Forsaken are finally free from their past and present. This leaves but one prime directive-- the total annihilation of the living.

The recent Cataclysm, though disasterous to the living races of Azeroth, provides naught but opportunity to the forces of the Banshee Queen. Like gangrene in a wound, the Forsaken are spreading through the injured world, the infection growing deeper with every passing hour. Soon, no amputation, no matter how drastic, will save the faltering body. The hand of death is tightening its grip on Azeroth, and will soon wring all life from it.

It is at this pivotal moment that you have been reborn, not from the warmth of any living womb, but from the coldness of the grave. Sylvanas, the dark mother and queen, has brought you back out of nothingness, reinvested will where there was none. And with will comes choice -- will you go back down to the dead, or will you ride the tide of death ascendant, coming to nothing less than the overturning of the world?

I would like to gauge the interest in a new Forsaken pacer on Farstriders. While I have not yet played the new Tirisfal Glades, I hear that it, along with all the revised zones in Cataclysm, is amazing.

This pacer would exist as an adjunct to the current Forsaken pacer, being part of The Servants of the Banshee. Direct interaction between the two groups, however, might be a little strained, as the new group would be, time-line wise, ahead of the old, which will soon be starting into Wrath content.

While this provides an excellent opportunity to create a new character, former Forsaken Pacer members might think about either recreating their old characters, or latching onto the group as we pass you level-wise. It would be nice to see some old faces, of both players and characters.

As it currently stands, it would be rather odd for the pacer to continue on after level 60, if it lasts that long, as that would involve going back in time, especially for Wrath of the Lich King. Perhaps Blizzard has something up their sleeve for the 60-80 experience, or perhaps we will be forced either to stop or level OOC at that point. That, however, is a long ways off.

If you are interested in this pacer, please include the following info in your post, modified for yourself.

Character Name (Optional): Elizabeth "Betsy" Wood
Character Class/Concept (Optional): Protection Warrior. Once a soldier of Lordaeron, Betsy's understanding of tactics remains intact, even if death has robbed her of her once formidable combat skills.
Ideal Times (Not Optional):
Monday Evening (Exact times pending on a decision from the Worgen Pacer)
Tuesday or Thursday evenings after 9:00 or 9:30
Friday after 5:00
Saturday, any time.
Sunday, ending by 10:00.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am 
Performer

I can't guarantee that I'll be very regular, but I could keep up with this better than catching Stergale up with the original group.

Ideal Times: Any day/time that isn't the Worgen pacer. After 5:30 PM EST.

I've got a mage and I might make a priest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm 
Performer

I have a disc priest I wouldn't mind rerolling for this. Or, I could actually think of a new character (scary).

My ideal times are most evenings after 8pm eastern. Tues and Wed I can only make 9:15 eastern or later. Saturdays and Sundays would be pending the worgen and goblin pacers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 am 
Performer

Joss (frost mage) may join in when you reach his level - I fell out of the higher level group a very long time ago!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am 
Performer

I've just facerolled Winn up to level 60 (with the intent of catching him up to the pacer level in the next week or so), or I would absolutely join in. Heck, I may join in anyway, because I absolutely LOVE the new Forsaken zones.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 pm 
Producer

All right, so, there are two forsaken pacers now? This one and Deborah's?

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 pm 
Performer

This pacer is still in the planning stages, but thanks for the sticky.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm 
Producer

Oops. Unstickying until you get things finalized. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 pm 
Performer

The Web Goddess giveth, and she taketh away. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 pm 
Producer

And giveth again, after you get your details hammered out, same as the new Goblin pacer. Looking forward to it! :)