Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:40 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm 
Producer

Please send me the times that your event runs. Eastern, Pacific, I don't care, as long as it's current and you specify which.

As a rule of thumb, btw, it's a good idea to edit the first post of your event thread to have the basic info like day, time, server, etc. so people can find it easily without having to read through the 4 or 5 pages of discussion on when and where to have it to get to the final decision.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 am 
Producer

So, it's come to my attention that we may be missing a lot of events from the Call Sheet. Please let me know if your event is one of them.

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:52 am 
Performer

On the flip side, there are some events still listed that aren’t taking place anymore. I’m not sure if War Stories is one of them; it may have been properly removed. Brown Book’s three separate group meetings need taken off, though. I don’t think the merged Brown Book event is going on, either, so technically it doesn’t need added...

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 am 
Producer

War Stories is defunct. I deactivated the event from the event admin panel so, it shouldn't be showing up anymore. Sadly, I don't think I'll be returning to War Stories when I return to WoW. It can probably be removed.

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:50 pm 
Producer

Events never get deleted, they just get deactivated, so there's an archive of past events. Although, it's getting kind of cluttered, so maybe we should remove some of the really old ones (like, four year old ones). If your deactivated event is still showing up, please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:52 pm 
Producer

To clarify-- events *never* worked properly, not in all the four+ years we've had them on the call sheet. From the hamfisted way I tried to handle time zone conversion to the auto-deactivation system that was supposed to keep only events that were currently updated visible, it's always kind of limped along. So it's not surprising that they're breaking altogether now. I'm trying to fix the really egregious stuff, like, for instance, events that are totally dead still showing up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm 
Producer

jaw wrote:
War Stories is defunct. I deactivated the event from the event admin panel so, it shouldn't be showing up anymore. Sadly, I don't think I'll be returning to War Stories when I return to WoW. It can probably be removed.

War stories is correctly showing as inactive. So I guess manual deactivations still work, just the auto ones that are broken.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 am 
Producer

Mythiene wrote:
On the flip side, there are some events still listed that aren’t taking place anymore. I’m not sure if War Stories is one of them; it may have been properly removed. Brown Book’s three separate group meetings need taken off, though. I don’t think the merged Brown Book event is going on, either, so technically it doesn’t need added...

So, all Brown Book events are inactive currently? Maybe we should confirm all events:

The Shared Path Tauren Pacer: Next Monday (January 10), 6 PM to 8 PM on Scarlet Crusade, led by Jane Doe. We'll be back 12/28! [Details] [Edit]
House Rylath: Every Monday, 6 PM to 9 PM on Earthen Ring, led by Ayradyss and leathermartini. Events start 8:30 EST, pre-game show is at 8 EST. [Details] [Edit]
For Gnomeregan!: This coming Monday (January 3), 7 PM to 9 PM on Silver Hand, led by Deborah. [Details] [Edit]
Repercussions of Freedom: Every other Tuesday (January 11), 6 PM to 8 PM on Scarlet Crusade, led by Blake's Tiger. [Details] [Edit]
Brown Book K group: Today (Every Wednesday), 5 PM to 7 PM on Steamwheedle Cartel, led by Mishell and Jane Doe. [Details] [Edit]
Brown Book S group: Every Wednesday, 7 PM to -2 AM on Steamwheedle Cartel, led by Mishell and Pirate Spice. [Details] [Edit]
Farstrider Forsaken: Every Thursday, 6 PM to 8 PM on Farstriders, led by Deborah. See "Forsaken Basics" and "Forsaken Never Die!" in the Events & Pacers forum for more details. [Details] [Edit]
The Hounds of Gilneas: Every Sunday, 6 PM to -2 AM on Argent Dawn, led by Finnegan. [Details] [Edit]
Dark and Stormy Nights: Every Sunday, 6 PM to 9 AM on Earthen Ring, led by leathermartini. [Details] [Edit]
Brown Book I group: Every Sunday, 6 PM to -2 AM on Steamwheedle Cartel, led by Mishell and Sword42. [Details] [Edit]

Which of these are still meeting? (Not necessarily to you, Myth, anyone can answer)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:15 pm 
Producer

Pacer hosts - please note you can edit your event on the call sheet to change ownership to a new person, if said person wants to take over your event.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 pm 
Producer

To my knowledge from stalking the boards here is what I remember as being defunct. Apologies if I've gotten anything wrong.

House Rylath - Ayra, LM and SS are no longer running this.
Repercussions of Freedom
Brown Book K Group - S Group assumed any stragglers from K Group
Brown Book S Group - Not sure what happened after Paytonator, LM, Ayra and I left but I don't think it meets anymore
Dark and Stormy Nights - Ayra and LM are no longer running this though it is open to new leadership.

Events that I think are no longer active but are unsure:
Brown Book I Group - I don't think SS is involved anymore. I'm not sure about Jeremy, Finn and Sword. And Parlath, I think he was a part of this group.
The Shared Path - I do not know if Parlath, Deborah and Jane Doe meet for this but it seemed to be only Parlath and Deborah for awhile - they may still be keeping it going. I haven't seen any posts in the thread in awhile.

From board posts that I see the only active events are:
Farstrider Forsaken
For Gnomeregan!
The Hounds of Gilneas

Hope this helps.

See my current character focus and playtime availability

If you think this post is long, you should see my other posts!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:04 pm 
Producer

Oh wow, that is sad. :( I hope the changes I'm working on on the Call Sheet (among other things, making it easier to add and maintain events) will help revive our participation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:27 pm 
Producer

Debs and I still show up for the tauren Shared Path, although it's seem more of a cud-chewing thing since we were trying not to get too far ahead level-wise. We may decide just to proceed and check out the new content and level.

For Gnomeregan! and The Servants of the Banshee pacers are alive and well.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:04 am 
Producer

Set all events to inactive except for those four (gnomes, forsaken, tauren, and worgen). Remember that if anyone wants to revive or take over old events, we can reactivate them easily.