Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:28 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Test Events
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
Producer

You may see three test events, A, B, and C appear at bizarre times (test event A, for example, is showing right now starting at 5am tomorrow morning for me). These are events made for testing the new time-date system I'm trying out on the new version of the Call Sheet. I repeat, these events are only a test. If these events were actual roleplay, they would be accompanied by more details on the Call Sheet and updates here on the boards. These are ONLY tests.

I just don't want anyone to think they're missing some hot early morning rp. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

Post subject: Re: Test Events
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm 
Performer

Gads! No, Alanna! The secret of your 6 AM "Wake-Up Juice" sessions must not be revealed! It's too...soon... They are not prepaaaaared! D8

So...yeah. 6 AM, for me. The current time also reads at 2 PM for me, despite the fact my forum setting is set to GMT -05:00 (which would make it 4 PM) and my Call List location is set to "Midwest US". (I can't seem to find an actual time setting on there.) This could easily be because my satellite internet service is apparently focused in Texas somewhere, but I dunno.

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:31 pm 
Producer

Shouldn't matter where your ISP is. Okay, so, my hack fixed one thing and broke everything else. Ugh. Was the current time correct for you before? Because I didn't actually change anything that should have changed that (just the event times).

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:46 pm 
Performer

I've always gotten really weird times for the call sheet. It's possible I'm being dumb and haven't figured out how to change it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
Producer

dreamingofatree wrote:
I've always gotten really weird times for the call sheet. It's possible I'm being dumb and haven't figured out how to change it though.

If you haven't been able to figure out how to change it, that's a failure on my part to make intuitive, easy to find/change options.

Hm. I notice there no longer is an option to edit DST or time zone on the Call Sheet. There used to be. I wonder when I changed that.

So, that explains strange times all around-- the Call Sheet is pulling times from its database, which should be automatically set to whatever you set when you joined, but have no way to be changed. Ick. What I'll probably do is just yank out the old time system and try to insert the new one in, since there's only four events and I've already set them up to run on the new system. The new system runs on your forum time zone settings and UTC, so there's only one conversion back and forth, instead of the old one which stored the event times in EST as integer hours-- well, I'm probably rambling on about details that either will mean nothing to you if you don't know php and will be embarrassing to me if you do, so I'll stop there.

TL;DR - I'll try to fix the times tonight. This weekend for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 am 
Producer

Okay, so, good news, times are (I think at least) fixed, on the front page.
Bad news, you can't edit them. The only way to edit the new time system, currently, is directly through the database.

Bear with me, this is a work in progress. In the meantime, let me know if anything needs altered.

And yes, I know everything's still screwy on the events list page. Bear with me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 am 
Performer

I just want to say, thank you for fixing my time zone. It's displaying perfectly now! And I wish you the best of luck with fixing the Call Sheet up the rest of the way, Alanna. Not that you seem to need it. You seem to pretty much get it straight-away in most cases. X3

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 am 
Performer

Mine's fixed now too yay!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am 
Performer

Joseph Collins wrote:
Gads! No, Alanna! The secret of your 6 AM "Wake-Up Juice" sessions must not be revealed! It's too...soon... They are not prepaaaaared! D8

"Too soon, Alannacus!"

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am 
Producer

Woot! Confirmation of my improved programming skillz.

If anyone's times are appearing off (Test Event A should be at 4pm EST/1pm PST; Test Event B should be at 6pm EST/3pm PST tomorrow; and, of course, the current time should always display your current time) please let me know ASAP. Otherwise, carry on, and we'll see if it stays correct when we hit DST in spring. :)

And edit to Finn-- I can't get sound on videos at work, so I'm not sure what I'm seeing, but, I'll just add:
LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 pm 
Performer

Just a video of summoning Ragnaros from the raid in vanilla WoW. He starts off screaming, "TOO SOON! You have summoned me TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!" It's always been one of my favorite quotes, but I loved everything from Molten Core.

"BY FIRE BE PURGED!"

*Argent Dawn Unit Director