Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am 
Performer

Stupidly early is any time that I would normally be sleeping if I had the ability to do so. (So in other words, always. It is always too early for Myth.)

1. Tank
2. Warrior
3. Arms DPS
4. Friday from 5 PM to 7 PM
5. Monday and Friday after 5 PM; Saturday from approximately 8 AM to 1 PM; Sunday from 8 AM until 7 PM. The earlier a time is, the more likely it will be subject to my chronic sleep problems but that’s rather touch-and-go.
6. I can mentor Warlock DPS. I’ve worked with all three of the talent trees.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm 
Producer

1. DPS
2. Warlock or Mage
3. Tank
4. Saturdays between 11AM to 3PM...Eastern zone
5. Mon=8PM -10PM / Tues & Thurs=2PM-8PM / Fri=8PM-12Mid.
Sat. see #4. Sun. Afternoons...varied times. but ending by 7PM.
6. I could mentor Arcane Mage, & Feral Druid as I have played
those 2 classes the most since Cataclysm came out.

Is it scary, that I have been gaming longer than some people I know, have been alive?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm 
Performer

I wanted to check in and at least respond to the questionnaire, even though my responses aren't likely to be tremendously helpful given my (lack of) availability.

1. DPS.
2. Rogue (I'd like to run Gavain if possible)
3. Healer (I'd likely roll a druid so I could fill any needed roles)
4. During the already scheduled pacer, sadly.
5. I'm committed to two pacers (Hounds and the Servants of the Banshee, on Wednesdays), and that's already pushing it with my professional and family commitments, to be totally honest. My availability varies from week to week based on my own work schedule and that of my wife. I'm also only available in the evenings, regardless of the day. I'll make the runs as often as I can whenever they're scheduled, but DON'T plan around me.
6. My high level experience (paladin tanking/DPS and DK tanking/DPS) is totally worthless to a worgen group. I have decent experience with druid tanking, healing and feral DPS up to the mid-50s.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:12 am 
Performer

I just wanted to remind people who might be or have been interested that being in the Worgen Pacer isn't a requirement. It's easy enough for any of us in the guild to add new people to the guild.

I have some other questions to discuss with you guys, but I'm in between tasks at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:24 pm 
Performer

This does sound rather interesting... 'Cause dungeons are one of my favorite parts of WoW. Boss fight mechanics are just more fun than "kill ten willawogs again".

The downside is that I'll probably have to get reminded about it a lot, and my schedule's all over the map. Sundays and Mondays I have the evenings scheduled off for stuff, but I can change that with a week or two's notice. So, without further ado... The list!

1. DPS/Healing. (Shadow priest)
2. Priest, most likely.
3. I'm good with anything.
4. Sundays/Monday evenings are best, but can wibble.
5. See above, but usually evenings.
6. I'm a jack of all trades and a master of Arcane Mages. My only weak spot is warlocks.

"My first real field assignment. Over the course of the evening, I've been chewed on and been the subject of romantic advances by our client, whom we also shot. I crossed state lines wedged between a lion and a pair of assassins. I had a tea party with homicidal robots, and I ruined my nylons. Judging by some of the reports I've had to file, it could've been much worse."

~Tip, from "Skin Horse"http://www.webcomicsnation.com/shaenongarrity/skinhorse/series.php

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm 
Performer

My apologies for not keeping this moving at a clipping pace, but work has accelerated (despite the concern that the offices will be shut down every two weeks).

The two things that I wanted opinions about are these:

At this time, there's not enough interest and overlapping times to have two full groups going every week.

1. What do you think about a variable (the next week's day/time set the week before) schedule?
2. What do you think of a sign-up for each event?

I wouldn't want to exclude anyone, but if we're trying to get to a 100% RP dungeon experience, pulling in random people from non-RP servers is not going to go over smoothly. I'd rather everyone play some of the time than have everyone turned off after the first try because of bad experiences caused by random non-RP, non-DP people.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:16 pm 
Extra

Sorry about disappearing, but real life got in the way. Because of that, I unfortunately won't be able to participate, but good luck to you all.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 pm 
Performer

I don't know if this helps anything, but I may be interested in this. I could do a weekly spot anytime after 9pm Eastern, or between noon-5pm Eastern, or on weekends. I might miss the occasional appearance due to family chaos, but should be there 9 times out of 10. I've been looking for a low-stress but social way to enjoy WoW again with some predictability about it (i.e. not coming back to find my playing partner is 25 levels ahead of me).

I currently have a level 11 druid on the server but could make other stuff if needed. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:38 pm 
Performer

I responded to Finn on the Worgen thread, but the Worgen Pacer time spot has been pretty good for me, personally. I have set it aside for WoW. If we did instances during this time slot, IC would be fun, I would be agreeable to this.

MIshell, if you are looking for a regular rp partner during the daytime, I'm your character. I am normally on during the daytime and nights are a near impossibility. If you want to pick a specific time of day and weekday, I can EASILY do this. I live in Vancouver, BC and therefore on PST like yourself.

Stress free IC leveling is so much fun... :wistful sigh::

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
Performer

I'm in the process of trying to work out a reasonable play schedule, so I shall get back to you on this very soon :D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 am 
Performer

Terrific! let me know and have a wonderful week.