Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 pm

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Which zone should the Hounds explore next?
Westfall, helping Greymane secure the support of Stormwind. 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Darkshore, paying back the night elves for their assistance. 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Someplace else! (Comment below.) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 am 
Performer

Now that the Hounds have temporarily fled their homeland, we are left in something of a quandry. For all intents and purposes, the worgen storyline ends at this point in the game. Sure, there are a handful of worgen NPCs scattered about, a battleground for high level characters only, and one or two questlines dealing with worgen here and there (one in Duskwood and one in Blasted Lands are the only ones that spring to mind), but otherwise Blizz pretty much left worgen flapping in the wind.

As such, we need to figure out where we're heading next. The top two contenders are Westfall (following Greymane to Stormwind and volunteering to pitch in there), which leads into Redridge and then Duskwood, or Darkshore (sticking around to help our saviors the night elves), which leads into Ashenvale and then Stonetalon.

Or we could go somewhere completely different, like Loch Modan or Azuremyst.

Vote in the poll up top, and leave your comments below. We'll do this democratically!

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:15 pm 
Performer

I’m honestly not very eager to play through Westfall again, especially on Tamsy. If that’s what the group wants, I will do it, and I admit Westfall has a really interesting storyline... But I also find it personally rather depressing. It makes me uncomfortable, and I picture it being especially unpleasant while playing as Tamsy, because this will be her very first look at the outside world and her nation’s new allies.

I also disagree that Westfall’s questline has anything to do with the worgen, since the only real worgen-related fixture in it is Ripsnarl, who doesn’t have any quests focusing on him aside from the fact he’s a boss in the Deadmines.

These are just my concerns, in case anyone hasn’t done Westfall yet and wants a perspective on it from someone who has.

“War is dark. Black as pitch... It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill nor daring. It is not a trail of souls, nor the measure of wills... It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.” —R. Scott Bakker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 pm 
Extra

Earthlover choose Darkshore as she feels it would make more sense for them to stay and assist the one who came to save them. as opposed to the remenance of the Alliance who left them to thier fate.

I'm more neutral in that whee we set up is less important to me then the people i'm playing with. In character, Sam would probably want to stay with the nightelves and campaign with them to get thier support to return to Gilneas and retake thier kingdom.

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:20 pm 
Performer

Mythiene wrote:
I also disagree that Westfall’s questline has anything to do with the worgen...

That's the problem, unfortunately. NO zone has quests that are worgen related, which is why we had to resort to the poll in the first place. If there was a logical next zone for worgen in terms of story, we'd be going there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 pm 
Performer

Here's my take. I've got ideas for Amthelia for either Westfall or Darkshore, but I'm really excited about Darkshore. We've done a really good job in the pacer of remembering that the average Gilnean doesn't know anything that's happened since the beginning of the third war, due to the wall being up. Beyond that, several of the characters, including Amthelia, had very simple, adventure-free lives before the curse. The idea of those characters having this brave new world experience of not only being out of Gilneas, which they may have never left in their lives, but being on a continent they never knew about, meeting races and creatures that they've never heard of, is just fantastic.

When Amthelia walked off the boat in Ru'Theran village (before we decided that we were still on the boat:P) I felt the same way I did when I walked out of the Valley of Trials into Durotar for the first time on my very first character:P

(P.S. I thought I posted earlier but I think I forgot to click submit, apologies if this ends up appearing twice)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 pm 
Performer

Moryarti is simply thrilled to be away from Gilneas and out into the world. I have plans for him no matter where we go, but for some reason, I have a love of Darkshore. I think the landscape is similar to Gilneas (towering firs) so maybe they will feel more at home. I tend to agree with Dream - they won't dash to the four corners simply because the world is available.

As for Moryarti, you shall see. :D

He is one happy Worgen, I can tell you that!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm 
Performer

Update: given that we have now learned that Greymane specifically sends the Worgen to Darkshore (something which I had completely missed on my test runs), several individuals have contacted me, letting me know they wish to change their votes. As such, the poll above is no longer accurate. Please continue to vote if you have not done so, and, if you are a Producer type who can work with me in editing individual responses (or in helping those individuals edit their responses), please PM me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm 
Performer

Thanks to Alan Alanna (stupid auto-correct), the poll is now set up so that you can edit your vote by voting again; the new vote will override your old one.

So if you want to swap, just vote for your new choice!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:24 pm 
Producer

...Did I get a sezzex change?

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm 
Performer

Heh, stupid auto-correct. I was posting from my phone last night while waiting in line at the grocery store, and forgot to double-check any auto-correct havoc. FIX'D!

If it makes you feel any better, my phone also always insists that my friend Becca is named "Mecca".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm 
Producer

It possibly didn't come across I was more amused than anything. :)

You know what happens when you dream of falling? Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.

-->Obligatory Call Sheet plug here<--