Dramatis Personae

Supporting immersive roleplay since 2003!
See Who's In Game Right Now!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 am

WARNING: Forums have been upgraded, please delete any old DP cookies from your browser, otherwise you may not be able to login correctly.

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pandaran Pacer?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
Producer

So now that the next expansion is getting ever closer, I'd like to gauge interest in a Pandaran Pacer. How many folks are planning to get the expansion and would want to join a pacer? If we decide to do one, which server shall we go with? What day and time? Given that monks have tank, healer, and DPS specs, it would actually be possible to do an all-monk group if folks were interested in that. And I suppose we'd also need to decide if we'll be allying with the Horde or the Alliance when the choice comes along (assuming that's still part of the Pandaran plan).

Since the unveiling of the (pleasantly chubby) female Pandarans and having seen some videos of character creation and such, I'm finding myself more interested than I have been previously in the next phase of WoW.

For myself, the only server I probably wouldn't be available to use is Scarlet Crusade, since I've got a full stable of characters there already, although I do have a couple of Hordies that I could move elsewhere. If we wanted ready-made support groups, we could go with Silver Hand (where the gnomes are already located) or Farstriders (which is home to the Forsaken).

The day and time could also be a sticking point as mid-week is already taken up by pacers in which I'm already involved (gnomes on Tuesdays, SWTOR on Wednesdays, Forsaken on Thursdays), and weekends I like to keep free for doing stuff with the spouse or raiding with the Bastion. That might only leave Mondays for me, unless we are able to rearrange some other pacer to make room.

My characters

Post subject: Re: Pandaran Pacer?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 am 
Producer

Interested, though expect Schedule Conflicts 'R' Us.

Silver Hand and Farstriders sound good. I can be a fellow traveler if not an active member.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 pm 
Producer

I think it's a fantastic idea Deborah!

I solidly fall in the Lyndon schedule category.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm 
Producer

We could also run a more casual sort of pacer if we like. Maybe try to meet up for a couple, three hours once or twice a month when everyone has the time. Unless there's scads of new content in the current zones (which I can't imagine there will be given the complete overhaul that was done for Cataclysm), we might just plan to go through the opening Pandaria zones together to see the new stuff.

My characters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 am 
Extra

Seems like it could be fun. i'm interested it this, but everything about me is in flux so i'll see where this lands and see if i can fit.

Master of Call Fu, 4th generation Tech

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm 
Performer

After participating in the Worgen pacer, I am all over this idea. It was incredible fun, created some fantastic role play & storylines and was heavily attended.

Best to wait a month or so after release so the crowds fade, but it would be fun.

Sign me up

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 am 
Performer

My very favorite way to play through a new racial starting area is with RP buddies, so I'm definitely interested.

I'm worried that Pandaren will fall into the same trap that Worgen did, which was having an amazingly involving starting area tailored just for them, and then nothing else directly relevant to the worgen until you hit the level cap.

Even if that's the case, though, I'm sure the starting area is going to be awesome. :) I'll try to make myself available as much as possible at whatever time works for others. The more casual idea is also a fun one.

For allegiance, I'd vote Horde, but I'm happy with either. In some ways, it would be amazing if we had a schism in the group and split up, becoming rivals, but I'm assuming we'll lose the ability to communicate after siding with different factions, so that loses out on practicality.

*Argent Dawn Unit Director

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm 
Producer

So there's finally a date for the expansion: 25 September. I suppose it would be appropriate to try to hammer out some more details.

Of the folks who are interested in participating, how many of you are getting the expansion right away and how many might be waiting until later? I don't have any objection personally to putting off the pacer for a bit to give folks a chance to explore some with existing characters or to wait until more people can participate.

I think we're leaning toward either Silver Hand or Farstriders for the group, on account of existing groups there that could potentially provide support for folks who want to continue their characters past the group involvement. (Silver Hand has the gnome pacer and Farstriders the Forsaken, so that would likely have a bearing on whether the pandaren choose to ally with the Alliance or the Horde.) But we're still open to any other suggestions if people have favorite servers for RP.

Mondays or very possibly a weekend slot are going to work best for me. Tuesdays and Thursdays are already given over to the above-mentioned pacer groups; Wednesdays is the day for some folks to play SWTOR. I think times might be tricky as well, since we've got folks from all over North America (I don't think we currently have anyone from other continents), but we can do our best, possibly having a sort of sliding group where folks show up on the chosen night as they can and play for as long as they can.

Post here if you're interested in participating and what days / times work best for you and all that.

My characters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
Performer

Good news for the Pandaren pacer: [url=us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/6994738]Pandaren (as well as goblins, worgen, blood elves, and draenei) will be playable on all accounts, regardless of whether you purchase the expansion.[/url] Monks, and presumably Death Knights, will still be restricted to expansion holders.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 am 
Performer

I've played a little of the Beta now (thanks to the Amazon pre-order deal), and I'm pretty excited about this pacer. The new zone is gorgeous, and the pandaren, whatever your opinion of the race itself, are the most expressive and detailed character models yet.

I'd vote (for selfish reasons) to roll on Farstriders and go Horde (or Argent Dawn, but I don't think anyone else has established characters there).

I'm playing on playing an elderly male pandaren brewmaster named Xiaoshui, somewhat maligned for favoring his brews over his training. Perhaps he's even been relegated to groundskeeping duties at the shrine, until the Wandering Isle's drifiting forced the re-enlistment of all semi-able paws.

The great thing about the monk class, by the way, is that we could potentially ALL be monks and still fill all the roles we need for questing and 5-mans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm 
Performer

*poke*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 pm 
Performer

I am more interested in this now than I was in the past. I suspect I would only be interested in participating though the starting zone, but would definitely like to experience that with DP friends.

I suggest that we wait a few weeks after launch, to avoid the crowds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:54 am 
Performer

So... wait. I don't need the expansion pack to be a part of this pacer? I wonder if I even need a full account for this. That'd certainly be cheaper than buying a month (or two) of subscription... Heh heh heh.

But, yeah. I'm actually quite interested in this. I'd love to be a part of this pacer. And I'd really love to make a Pandaren monk. Named Iroh. Because why not? :D Of course, there's already an "Iroh" on 212 of 249 realms, so that probably won't work, so I should probably figure out another name. Either way, I figured he'd be a pretty relaxed kind of wise, older guy, but could kick some serious butt if the need arose. Know what I mean?

Guess I should do some research into Pandaren lore while I'm at it...

Sept. 27th Edit: Rather than making a new post, I'm just updating this one, since it's not that important. Anyway, I expressed interest in the pacer. And I am interested! There's just one very major problem I forgot to take into consideration...

My Internet satellite connection. It's degraded since the Worgen pacer. And as some of you remember, it wasn't exactly spectacular then. However, it's gotten so bad that it's become physically impossible to do any sort of online gaming past 7 PM ET. In fact, I can barely browse the web between 7 PM and 2 AM. Past that? Pretty smooth sailing, most days. Sometimes, 6 PM is when it starts. Other nothers, 8 AM. But the point is, any convenient (or at least typical) time that the pacer would be scheduled for is well beyond my grasp.

And that makes me a very sad panda. T_T

But, maybe something dramatic will change within the news few weeks or so. Who knows. Stiff upper lip and all that!

Formerly "Doc Lithius", currently Dramatis Personae's unofficial conversation killer #1.

Current Status: The Doc is no longer in Azeroth!

Last edited by Joseph Collins on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 am 
Performer

Hey Doc! Welcome back! :)

You don't need Mists to play a Pandaren, but you DO need it to play a monk. Races are now expac-independant, but you still need the corresponding expacs to play the later classes (i.e., DK and Monk).

Still, you can play any other Pandaren class with even a trial account, I believe -- let me know if you want a Scroll of Resurrection for your old account, too. :)

And I second Jer's suggestion of waiting a few weeks -- apparently, right now, the Wandering Isle is so busy that there are multiple instances PER REALM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:03 pm 
Producer

We have the MoP expansion packs on our accounts. Work and kid's sports will probably torpedo us making any pacer times.

Has a server / faction been decided for the Pandarian Pacer yet?

If not, we will defer to our main severs:

Earthen Ring Alliance
Shadow Council Horde
Silver Hand Gnomes

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next